Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Adventures of Bad Kulture Magazines!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elvisaurusrex, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Geezus...looks like two St Bernards fighting in a polka dot laundry bag..:eek:

2. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Speakin of bad kulture magazines I just found this pic on one their forums, first it looks bad and the control arms look unsafe second what is the sticker on the intake.

Attached Files:

• ugly.jpg
      ugly.jpg
      File size:
      75.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Now that's just mean. I hope her boyfriend isn't on here! :eek:

4. zombie

zombie

now thats some funny shit.

5. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Good thing the exhaust is wrapped so it does not burn the paint on the frame.

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I knda wandered how long it would take for someone to put a Fiero drive train under a old car or truck. I have a friend here in Indy doing the same thing. More than likely will run like a bat out of hell and get 30mpg in the process.
    This one could be hidden real well with a bed..
    :eek:

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That truck belongs to a HAMBer!!

8. last g-man

last g-man

H.A.T.E [hot rodders against the environmentalists].......just in case ya really didn't know.

9. last g-man

last g-man

......eeeewwwww! no, really. she's hot.

10. IIRC,the control arms are late model GM pieces.
    LOTS of them on the road.

Maybe you would like to post pics of your car.

11. kustomrodder53

kustomrodder53

Right now there is a thirteen year old kid in a seven eleven. He is thumbing through a car rag while his buddy tops off his slurpee.

he doesn't know car kulture or traditional styling, but he can be influenced. The silly tattoos and rockabilly are still better than the turbo hyundai his gay emo friends are into.

Ten years from now he will build a car of his own. That magazine will be ancient history, and your three hundred bucks will be spent on equally unremarkable shit.

Take the money and buy a copy of the rodder's journal with it. It will take the ass pain out of the fifteen dollar cover price.

12. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I have posted pics of my car, and Iam not talking about the factory gm parts. Iam talking about the upper control arm where the coil over meets the control arm and the frame. In the pic it looks like only 2 bolts attach factory piece to the fabricated piece at the top of the coil.

13. King_Hooligan

King_Hooligan
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

Man,I was gonna hit that...Now I guess I have to settle for one of the Golden Girls...Wonder if Bea Arthur's still single??

14. King_Hooligan

King_Hooligan
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

Well said...Only way I'd buy an import is to save money on gas and as a daily commuter for work,but I wouldn't spend a dime on doing anything custom to it,save that money for my American made steel gas guzzling,panty dropping real man's car..It's funny,I slick my hair back(Usually wearing a bowler cap though)wear cuffed up jeans,listen to rockabilly and psychobilly as my main choice in music(as well as old country and bluegrass),but when it comes down to it,I'll talk to anyone when it comes to classic american automobiles..I'd talk to someone driving a Boyd built $150K rod,or the guy that built his rod in his backyard for a total of $1k...Doesn't matter to me,as long as it's old American steel..A magazine is a magazine,and $300 is good money for a picture of someone's car,especially at 14,so the kid should go for it...

15. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

a very young, and very sexy Angela Lansbury....
    [​IMG]
    how much would you pay her? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. Nice. This is before she became Paul McCartney's middle age double.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

O shit, that's funny...........:eek::D

18. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Definitely not a HAMB car but I like the idea behind the mid engined truck. If done up right it should handle great. It's basically an X 1/9/MR2/Fiero/308 with a truck body on it. I'd have to got outside and see how an X 1/9 is built (don't know about Fieros) but depending on what the bolts are attached to that you can't see he could be OK.

OK, back on topic - Who knew Angela Lansbury used to be hot, I'd never guessed that one.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  19. photofink

photofink

HAHAHA!!
    [​IMG]

20. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

wheres the pics of this fine vehicle, all this talk aboot it is making me curious, i really want to see what it looks like......and what happens if you enter it, and you dont win....:eek::D

21. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

I didn't read every post here, but did anyone notice that Backfire is going to be produced entirely by amatuers (on-staff editor, and art-director that's it) that will get a whopping 15-bucks for their work instead of a staff of professionals like real magazines? This is just the way things are going. Actors on TV have been replaced by amatuers, and radio DJs have been swapped for computer recordings like that nation wide Jack FM shit. Right now I'm a working motor-journalist, but I forsee the day(soon) when my job is obsolete. Fortunately I am on the threshold of discovering a process that will extract vast amounts of mercury from dog feces, so I will be able to retire in Florida.

22. Finally! Dog feces WITHOUT Mercury.

23. autobilly

autobilly

The specialized magazine market is cut throat and self culling. I've been active in this scene since well before it became trendy, as have many others on the HAMB. We've seen various "rags" come and go. The swell of "kulture" related magazines cashing in on the trend will subside as the masses move on to the next big thing. Only the quality publications will survive as only the discerning will remain.
    I think that if we support only the good magazines, the others will eventually die off.
    As, I hope, will the term "rat rod".

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008