Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlotte - Asheville, NC area car related activities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LZ, Jul 1, 2008.

1. LZ

LZ

Sorry to use up Ryans space but I am not finding to much listed locally for car activities. As in Fleas, Shows, Cruise etc.. You know HAMB like stuff, drag racing .....
    Also if someone could recommend a cool Drive in or something..

We will be between Ashville and Charlotte till July 6th or 7th..

Took a couple pics that we will share later. Neat junkyard in Cato....

Thanks Y'all :)

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well, I am from Buffalo and now live in Charlotte now. If you are looking for cruise nights, forget it. They are weak down here. BUT, the cars shows are really good though. If you can make your way to Winston-Salem this weekend there is a car show for the Heavy Rebel Weekender on Saturday the 5th. It only an hour from Charlotte or so and there should be a bunch of Hamb members. If you like the music that's an added bonus but I hear the car show is decent. That's about it though for this weekend.

3. LZ

LZ

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh, the Moorsville one is not a bad time at all. I actually always make my way up there because it's only ten minutes from my house. There is a lot of gold chainers but cool none the less.

Oh the remodel is going slowly but surely. Dog is recovering from surgery right now so things are pretty quiet. Building a shed to hide more car shit though in the back yard!!!

5. The old Maggie Valley swap is in Asheville this Fri-Sun. It's always worth a walk-through ;) I'll be there, Lord willin' :D

6. thanks for the link to the cruisin carolina site...makes me feel a little bit better about an upcoming move from SoCal to Mooresville...looks like not too many traditional rods but we can change that

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Charlotte's the new Austin!!!! OK maybe not, but it will be nice to get a few more of us around.

8. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

If you are going to make it to Greer, SC PM me and we'll see if we can't meet you out there. I had no idea it was even out there on the 1st Saturday on the month but to tell you the truth if anyone on here knows anything about the one in Mooresville it would probably be better.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The one in Mooresville usually starts at about 3-4pm and they shut the two main streets off and the cars line the streets and parking lots. Nice family oriented cruise night and there are a couple really nice antique stores in case you make it up a bit early. I guess if we could get a few more HAMB members there it would be a lot cooler, seeing how the show is mostly muscle cars and street rods. Although, if you like cars you won't be let down. I plan on doing Heavy Rebel early and swing by the Mooresville cruise on the way home.

10. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

11. LZ

LZ

Thank you for this tip earl.... this sounds great.....
    can you give directions to this please ?! We are near Fletcher , near
    I 26.

I hope you can make it also:D

12. LZ

LZ

Good luck with your move..

HAMB is great for meeting like minded people;)

13. LZ

LZ

Hey Jeffrey. Hope the Dog comes along well.

14. LZ

LZ

Howdy Vicki;

You have been there before then?! How is it?
    Not sure our plans yet but will let you know.

Just lookin to have some fun. But if I can find something to use thats great too:D. Love swaps
    When I lived in Cal I was just 20 minutes from the Long beach Swap. I was in Heaven..:p

15. LZ

LZ

Thanks to all for your posts....:)

16. You're right on top of it dude:D It's at the Ag center/fairgrounds/whatever they call it there in Fletcher:cool: I forget what exit off 26 it is.....but since you're there, I BET you can find it;)

17. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

SEADOG posted as I was ... his information says it is EXIT 40 ... :D

19. LZ

LZ

Why Bless your hearts,......

I cant believe this is just 5 minutes away from my relatives home:eek: We are there Friday mornin for sure. Wish I had my cards...

Once again the HAMB family comes through.

We looked at every possible paper-info sheet around here and there is nothing about this.... why the secret?!

Anyway there is a house near here that a person has home built art out in front. He has a FED he(she) built that I will get a pic of and post..

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

20. LZ

LZ

Hey an update...
    Stopped on by to see what it was like down there.
    Nice place. Lots of room. Right close off the exit across from the airport.
    The man said that they were opening tomorrow at 7 for vendor set up.
    Then at 8 Friday morn for the general public.

They were setting up for a rally in the parking lot tonight. Cool. Hey there is an untapped venue. Rally HAMBER'S,:D

max Tire 4 " wide bias ply. 4 cyl flathead, 2 single carbs max. 11/2" exhaust. single point ign, ...:eek:

Stop at French Fries nearby for your Burger and Shake fix. Great food and reasonable..

21. redhumphries

redhumphries

there is a cruise inn somewhere in or around charlotte everynight, sometimes more than one and on any given saturday there is always 2 or more shows at a chruch, school, place to eat and all. This is one of the most active places as far as cruises or show I know of. Most of them will go on until late November and some are all year long. RED

22. dzahm

dzahm
    from NC

THis may not be what you are looking for (or hamb friendly) but july1 to july 5th is the Denton Threshers reunion- its basically antique tractors/steam engines. They have some really interesting shit there- with plenty of old timers actually demonstrating the old stuff. Its about 1.5 hrs from Charlotte near ashboro nc. They usually have old trucks, a few model A's etc, and auction. Sorry if this is way off base but I suspect some Hambers might get a kick out of it(and I'm betting more than one of these old guys have some sweet tin tucked away in barns) http://www.threshers.com/farmpark/

23. LZ

LZ

Thank you red.....

We will be heading that way saturday most likely

24. LZ

LZ

Thanks dzahm.

Sounds good, love them old Tractors and Equipment. We have a show like this by us every August..:D

25. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

If anyone was thinking of going to the July 5th cruise-in at Kevin Whitaker's in Travelers Rest, SC that location has been changed to Kevin Whitaker's location on Laurens Rd. in Greenville, SC. Apparently the new location of Whitaker's in TR is not ready yet.

26. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

RED...whats the average car count on these "around Charlotte " cruises? heard Oakboro was the biggest. Rumor had 300 cars ??? they run once a month on Friday ,right?

27. redhumphries

redhumphries

hardees will draw around 150 or so on a friday night, oakboro will close to 300, mooresville will sometimes have 150 or more, the little one nightcruise in will have between 50 or more. The one at riverview inn on wednesday will fill the parking lot and they will have a dj or live music. There is one on friday night on 74 next to 485 at the south 21 said they are drawing around 100 or so. Never really know it depends on whatelse is going on at any of the big meets.

28. mudbone

mudbone

check out car show news&classic auto events