Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bob K got the "Killer Kustom" pick at GG DesMoines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 5, 2004.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just heard thru the grapevine that our very own Bob K got the "Killer Kustom" pick at the GG Des Monies show this past weekend. Congrats Bob, well deserved!

Looks like it going to be a full year of Bob proudly representing the HAMB with his homebuilt '52 as he is one of the contenders for R&C Mag's Ego-Rama too.

[​IMG]

Thanks JimA, I edited it to reflect the proper title. See you this weekend in Columbus [​IMG]

2. WOW! That's great news. Lotta work went into that car and it shows. Bob, you DID get a new battery in your door/window remote, right?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That plate makes me happy...

4. Bloody trophy hunter!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. moparrodder

moparrodder

Way to go Bob, congrats!! One thing for sure, it wasn't hard to find your ride, all ya had to do was look for the plate!! As Rocky said, there was a lot of work that went into it and it shows. Ya did a super job!! Thanks for leting me spend some time with you it was the best!! Bill

6. moondisc

moondisc

Now he's going to have to leave the top down to fit his "Fatt" head! [​IMG]
    Congrats Bob.
    Nice to see real good guys finish first!

7. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    That plate makes me happy...

[/ QUOTE ]

..........HAMB plaques????? [​IMG]

.........Congrats Bob. Well done!

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Congrats, Bob. Who could not love this car? And, yeah, the "HAMB" plate works beautifully. That's how I met Bob at the Indy GG's show. Will we see you at the Columbus show, Bob?

9. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Congratulations Bob! Job well done!

10. Congratulations,Bob
    Well deserved, that's a beautiful car!

11. Congrats Bob! Looks even better in person! Tom - restorit

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Congrats on that win Bob...traditional strikes again.
    R-

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

Bob K is a great guy and deserves it..........

14. Mel

Mel

Rock on Bob! Way to go!

15. Donzie

Donzie

Somebody pass Bob a piece of Raisin Pie!
    Hopefully I'll get to see the car (and Bob) in person someday. It sure looks good in the photo.
    Can someone post some more pics? I'd like to see the side and back.

16. Great job Bob, well deserved! I saw the car as we pulled in Saturday looking great as always.

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

You 'da-Man Bob.
    Well deserved.

AHotRod

18. Actually it was the "KILLER KUSTOM" award. Bob hoped another custom didn't show up to the Garage Grown area and break his "lock" on the award- whether he disuaded other customs to park in the area I will never know [​IMG] The Buick that was pused into the area by accident had a shot, but I think I made the right decision giving the award to Ol' Bob. Hey Bob, did you ever take that sticker off your knee- you seemed pretty proud of it. See you in the Ego Rama- I hope!

19. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Damm Jim are you home already????, Great hanging with ya. Yep, hope to see you in Cali. If all of the nice things said in this post translate into votes maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones. Those damm stickers are hard to get off.
    What Jim is refering to, he stuck one of the yellow winner sticker on my knee. I think to indicate the prize for the "Worlds Ugliest Knee". So I kept it on all day Saturday.

I just got in myself, 421 miles, a little over 7 hours. Turned the speedo over to 3,300 miles just outside of town. Next stop B'ville.

Thanks everyone for the kind words,had fun at Des Moines but there was sure a lot of rain Friday and Saturday.

B [​IMG] B

BTW
    There are more pic's of the car at
    www.picturetrail.com
    View album , faatrod

20. [ QUOTE ]
    Thanks JimA, I edited it to reflect the proper title. See you this weekend in Columbus [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Denise, but I won't be at Columbus and the announcenment was made in Des Moines that that would be my last event with Goodguys. I'll be easy to find in the very near future in a magazine you all already read. It's been a super great run- continue to support the "GARAGE GROWN" area as I would really like to see that flourish and become "the show" in side the show. Thanks Jim

21. FWilliams

FWilliams

DAMNIT, whats going to happen with the gazette,kinda liked that mag

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yikes! I don't like this at all. I thought you and Kirk were going to change, or at least improve, GG together??? [​IMG]

Since I was not at DesMoines, and have not heard any rumors, please fill me in on where your heading, if you can. I do wish you the best of luck. [​IMG]

23. Donzie

Donzie

Thanks for the link Bob. What are the tail light lenses?

24. No more JimA with the GG's [​IMG]

If the Gazzette turns to shit I'm gonna be pissed. But I'm sure the Magazine he is going to will benifit.

Good luck Jim

25. carkiller

carkiller

Congrats Bob, Damn nice old parts hauler. Heh Heh. Cal

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Bob, so your hairy leg did not want to give up the unhappy faced sticker...

For those that have not seen Bob's ride in person, it is truly one fine custom. so many little things that add up to the overall beauty

Regardless of who would have parked in the area, Bob would have desired it.. Only one other Kustom was better in my mind, the copper and white 52 chevy, but its a full custom...

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    No more JimA with the GG's [​IMG]

If the Gazzette turns to shit I'm gonna be pissed. But I'm sure the Magazine he is going to will benifit.

Good luck Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as Publisher for the Gazette I can assure you that it will only get better. Don't tell anyone but we are working on a complete redesign for the January issue. Jim was part of starting the project but unfortunately we will have to finish it without him. UGH!

BTW Anyone know any Automotive Editors out there??

28. Funny I just happened to check this- but yes, I can guarantee the Gazette will only continue to get better in the future! Now I need to get back to the oh so timely vermin post as I too have encountered the same problem (a big one died on the fridge motor last week, stunk up the house and then the babies started crawling around and FREAKED my wife nearly into the emergency room!)

29. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Well deserved...great car Bob! enjoyed talking to you and the other HAMBers.