Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Cinematic 2008 the pics and story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Jun 30, 2008.

1. FatRat

FatRat

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I'm not exactly a morning person either but when the collector you are visiting has something he needs to be at midday and invites you to see his collection at 12:30 and it's a 3 hour drive, guess what, I get my ass outta bed no matter how tired I am.....and trust me when I tell you I did not want to get out of bed after just a couple of hours sleep.:p

Megan and I have a saying that helps us get up in the morning and start our car adventures "We can sleep when we're dead".:D

3. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

you hit the nail on the head

4. HammerDown

HammerDown

Actually, the guy who came down had raced quite a bit already at the track that day. He fully supported both events and we genuinely appreciated it. Nothing like that would get mentioned though...

National Trail Raceway opened in 1964 - Not exactly a newcomer. No personality or cool vibe? I guess 44 years of drag racing history (including 33 years of the Springnationals), mulitiple world records, and some of the best racers of all time - all grown from a family owned and operated facility isn't "cool" enough. Not exactly every day YOU get a chance to make a run down the fastest drag strip in the world either. I guess that's just not enough personality...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Exactly. And the comments made by others were THEIR views. I know for a fact that some of them are basing their opinions on their own experience. After THEIR experience THEY chose differently. Nothing negative or spiteful was said, just some honest observations. As a matter of fact the few comments that I have seen were relatively harmless, PLUS they were made by folks who had no official role in anything to do with the event. So why be so defensive? The only one being snide here is YOU. You even gave a totally close minded reply to Nick's comment about trying to work these events together somehow. I have never been to the Cinematic, so I have nothing to say about it - pro or con. I have no personal experience to base it on. You have never been to Hell On Wheels, so why are you such an authority on what it does and does not offer? Perhaps the "package" is a little larger than you might think. (ba-dum-bum!) Just ask the lucky folks who camped out Friday night. But I am sure it doesn't matter to you. Just because someone hasn't posted an "adventure" thread on here doesn't mean they didn't happen. Quite the contrary actually. For those that know, see you at H.O.W. 2009...

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

The "too bad" comment wasn't real well placed. There was no need for it in this thread.

6. HammerDown

HammerDown

In all honesty, I don't think so either. But I also don't think it was enough to warrant such panty-bunching. It was one sentence for Christ's sake. Onward...

7. Lucky77

Lucky77

And this has what to do with Hot Rod Cinematic? HammerDown if you want to yap about how great some drag strip start your own thread.

8. Ahmen to that. :D I just hope Brian brings back the mason jar again. :D

9. HammerDown

HammerDown

It has to do with what was being discussed. I simply addressed some issues that were brought up in THIS thread. Thanks anyways...