Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Cinematic 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 1, 2008.

1. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Your car "rocks" Todd. Ken was pointing out all the cool little deals on the car Sunday morning which make is so unique. The Speaker award is well deserved, we were so excited for you and Carren when you were telling us about it Saturday night.

2. One day you will look back at all this and laugh...........but not for a while.

3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

How would anyone know what something good feels like if they never experiance something bad? You came home in one piece, safe and a little worse for the wear, but you have one hellva of a story.

4. wv 39

wv 39

Hey Ryan, This was our first HAMB event and we loved it. I hope the Cinematic can continue in this neck of the woods. We will definitely attend next year. Thanks for all the hard work. Dave

5. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Blame it all on GLOBAL RAINING! :D

6. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

hay i do have a question

ANY CINAMATIC SHIRTS LET IN XL?????

but now to comment

MURPHYS LAW !!!!!!!!!!

glad you and your family made it ryan, and i agree with alot of others that the gas is the biggest problem, i hope that this dont cancel future shows as i would like to be their next year as i will have more time as i am getting ready to change carrears

7. slysball

slysball

Ryan, I am sure after the toll of the trip wears off you will look back at it as an adventure and cherish the things gained from it instead of it's failures. I attended both Cinamatics unfortunately not with a car this year but I still attended it. BECAUSE The feel and vibe of this show is what gets lost in large shows. How many cars does it take to make a show a success? It's the people and the memories. Thanks for your efforts.

8. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

mercdeuceman pretty well nailed it for the thoughts of the Indy crew.
    Being in the midwest if we stayed home every time there was a threat of rain we would never get out of the house!!!:D
    Driving our cars and hanging out with a group of friends is what it's all about for our crew. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do this at the Cinematic show. Hambers that get together anywhere...anytime always have a good time because we make our own fun.
    We will see you at next years Cinematic, this years hamb drags and what ever else you can dream up. After all we are RYAN'S PEOPLE...remember???;):D:D

9. Last week at dinner, I was telling the family how when I was a kid we used to go to the Drive in alot. My favorite memory of the drive in is when there was an electrical storm going on with the movie.....For those of you that did not stay for the movie, you missed some cool skies behind the big screen.....I would like to extend a big thanks to everyone that made this years Cinematic another great sucess that I am sure will live in my children's memory for ever. Joyo it was great to meet you. I wish Austin was closer. Megan and Matt, thank you both so much for carting my kids around. They were very excited to spend the time with you guys! Also, thanks for letting the whole family sit in your outstanding Chevy....Hope you guys enjoyed cramping in the Lazy 8 hahah.....Wingman, I am glad that it turned out that you got to get the car together and to the show. I wish the rescue would have gone smoother tho....but thanks for letting me get the chance to drive the Lazy 8 on some interesting roads.....Probably one of my favorites of the many memories this past weekend. We (family) were bummed not to go ghost hunting, still havent seen the moth man statue but went to the Bob Evans farm, really enjoyed that. Coope, thanks for parking next to me, your car is sheeeeat....And you drove it from Virginia! Shame on midwestern Hambers that didnt go...... Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

10. Oh, and you wont here my kids complaining about Walle, they loved the movie!

[​IMG]

11. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I didn't make it and after reading this I REALLY wished I had tried. I couldn't justify everything that was going against me at the time though.

When my wife asked me if I had preregistered I said yes. She smiled and said calmly, 'Well, it goes to the 'club'. right?' You gotta love a woman like that.

All I can say at this point is that I'm planning on attending a couple of the bigger shows throughout the summer and as many of the local gathering as I can afford. I'm still in the process of working out some bugs too. Hopefully things will turn around not just for me but many others by next year, I know I wasn't the only one who couldn't make it and really wanted to.

Kudos to you who held out and did it.

Vance

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Seriously Ryan, I am sure that if you were to talk to the kids that attended you would feel really good about how the whole weekend went down. Not to mention that everyone else has talked so highly about the weekend. I mean from the support you would think that they were talking about Lone Star!

13. FatRat

FatRat

Ryan,

Don't feel like you owe us anything. We had a great time regardless of the conditions. Some of the best road trips I've been on involved multiple breakdowns or incidents (like running out of gas on a 100 mile trip). That's what makes you look back and laugh and learn who your friends are.

I am involved with my club here in Cincy and in charge of an event (Hot Rod Dance). I know all too well what a pain in the ass it can be when things go wrong. You can't let things that are out of your control consume you.

The best reward is hearing people say they had a good time and are looking forward to next year.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help next year.

Erik

14. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Abigail and I got some Spam sandwiches! What could be better than that??

We had a ball again this year Ryan and I really hope the venue continues.

Kudos to Megan and Denise for spending time with Abigail and allowing her to help in the ticket booth as well as putting up with her in the hotel parking lot.

It's now Wednesday and she's still talking about it.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't be silly, that girl is an angel. We had so much fun hanging out with her and really appreciated her helping in the ticket booth. We talked about boys:eek: and hot rods :Dand just girly stuff:eek:. I'm really looking forward to seeing her mature thru the years and hopefully YOU can/will help her with her very first hot rod and 6-8 years from now she'll be cruzn around to car events with all of us in her own car. Watch out, I really think it's going to be a convertible.:D

When you get a chance, PM me her address and I'll send her a CD of all the photos in the mail. Tell her I said "hi" and I miss her company already.

16. Wingman

Wingman

Like everone else has already stated, those of us that were there had a blast and did not leave feeling like we had missed out on anything. In all honesty, the movie is the least important part of the whole weekend for me and angie. Taking a nice drive to a cool part of the state and hanging out with a bunch of awesome people is what it's all about. I don't know what's going on in our hot rod community lately, but i seems like everybody has been having a run of bad luck. All I know is that every time Ihave a string of bad luck, something good usually comes not far behind.

Okay enough deep thinking, back to the weekend. Even though we only got to enjoy the reader's digest condensed version of the show, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It is supposed to take 28 hours to travel around 300 miles, right? I can't thank Don Moyer enough for going out of his way to rescue us, and his wife and daughters for being such troopers as we drove his truck down some back country road that the gps led us down. I really wish i could have gotten some pictures of you and ShermII following us, because it was very cool to see the lazy 8 coming around all those bends in the mirror. For those at the show when the monsoon hit, you were lucky. I got to drive through it. Let me tell you I don't think I have ever seen water come down like that. I was really happy I didn't have the slicks on the car this trip. Althogh I'm now convince I should break down and fix the wipers.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that we had a blast. Enjoyed hanging out at the motel with friends and meeting new ones. I really hope you continue this show, I know we won't miss it as long as you have it.

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Hey Fred by the way............ I missed the rt7 turn off back to Marietta and came out in West by God Virginia on 33. South of Parkersburg. Too busy BSing about the weekend I quess. :)

later,Bill