Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Dragway 42 Rock & Race info..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckydevil, Jan 8, 2008.

1. leadsled01

leadsled01

BTT just so you don't forget..

2. luckydevil

luckydevil

Just about a month away. Hope to see lots-o-HAMBers this year.

Are we doing a meet & greet on Saturday again?

3. luckydevil

luckydevil

I can't believe the Rock & Race is just 17 days away...

4. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Ill be there ,gonna fight grumpy for food!

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Unfortunately, I won't have anything to race again this year, but I'm still going! Wait, I'm playing, so I have to go! I'd go anyway. This show is a lot of fun

6. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

Hey, jsut to make sure, Non-Hamb friendly cars are allowed too, right? Up to 1973 or so? I want to race but we'll see!

7. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Jim, I should be able to make it up Saturday. Looking forward to it.

later, Bill

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I've sent in my vendor fees earlier this week and I'm looking forward to this event. Now all I need to do is get a friend to stop by my vender spot every now and then and give me a potty break as I'll be alone.
    I'll have t-shirts, books, diecast, some car parts, and a 1950's dinning set.
    See Ya there.

9. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Rock On!!!!!! any girls want to run the track naked with me saturday night?

10. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Dag, count me in!! haha

hey Jim, send me some flyers dammit! Every year i go through the big stack at the local auto parts here in Wellington

11. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Dag no offense but maybe all the guys at the event might only want to see the girls but i guess you have to please the ladies there too.... hahah j/k sounds like a good show

12. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

i didnt say i was gonna be naked:eek::D its all in how you say it lol:D:rolleyes:

13. luckydevil

luckydevil

One week to go! Weather forcast is looking great!

14. Just decided a few days ago that I will be going!

15. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am ready.........Truck is already loaded......Littleman

16. leadsled01

leadsled01

I'll be camping here all weekend! My Buick is having electrical issues ,sooo I won't be in the burnout contest this year. You'll see me on gokarts and quads. Jerry

17. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

See you guys next weekend!

18. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Be There! Im already there...Jim good score on getting those strippers to come out this weekend and give free lap dances!!!:eek::D

19. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

See ya tommorrow.

later,bill

20. I guess I'll see you there in a couple of hours. I have to pack a few things and then I gotta weekend pass from work and mama! Rare thing these days!

Let's see, sunblock and rain gear Yup it's Ohio.....and cash for burgers, burgers and more burgers!

If it's fat, tattoo'd, has a burger in his hand and working in the pits with the rest of the Slick Devil's it's gotta be me. Swing by and say hi:D

21. WOW! Sunburnt, tired and weak! Feeling my age!

I had a great time, we had a blast camping next to the Pistons. The beer flowed freely and the food was great. Matt and Meagan showed up and said hi. It seemed much bigger than last year.

Cars ran great, lots of good looking women ( I liked Bobbi socks).....'bout the only thing the I didn't like was the speaker Nazi.....don't do this, don't do that. I understand the reason behind it (safety) but it just got annoying when I couldn't ride a scooter to the crapper after midnight:(.

What's the dates for next year so I can mark the caledar:D:D:D

22. Great job Jim! good times indeed. Hotter than fuck no suprise there. got to see some great runs, great bands, and spending QT w/ the Barons and the Czars as well as others. Thanks for putting it together.

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

That was a lot of fun! Thanks!

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I had a nice afternoon/evening seeing old friends and meeting a couple new ones. Always a good time chatting with the Slick Devils. Great to see Catherine (DW) and her pink walmart canteen! :D

25. Jim, outstanding job. Had a great time even though Steve and I had to make an emergency run to Summit Racing for parts. Even with the heat and humidity, my car ran damn fast, a credit to the folks at Dragway 42 for a sticky track. My buddy Frank won the trophy stock class after buying back in with his 34 plymouth coupe. Nice to see an early rod beat a bunch of bracket muscle cars! He said it was the 3rd best thing that has ever happend to him...Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. Great to see everybody again especially "Tootsie Pop". The only downer was hearing Lords of the Highway for the last time.....Don