Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cinematic, 2008 - Who is going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeVille Gal, May 27, 2008.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Scott, It was great to meet both of you. We too had a great time also.

later,Bill

2. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

I didn't take very many pics, but I will post what I have up in a thread soon. The wife and I had a great time, rain and all. I know high fuel and the threat of rain had to scare some people away, but I wouldn't have rather be anywhere else but Gallipolis this past weekend. It was just something about the atmosphere. I hope they keep this one going for years to come.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I couldn't agree more. I had an AWESOME time with GREAT friends and cool cars at a neat location.:cool:

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

Made the first, couldn't get there this year...WILL be there next year!

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

What was the movie?

6. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

My wife and I had a great time also. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. We had to leave late Saturday before the movie(s). My hot water heater decided to give up the ghost and the water. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

7. We had one hell of a good time for sure.

Ryan,
    I'm speaking for the entire Indy crew (MercDeuceMan, Runaround Sue, Lindross, GMC Bubba, Sauve's Buick, AndysDeuce, Tom and Naomi), when I say we had a great time this past weekend.

We picked Spoons and Peggy up in Dayton on the way, and the drive down was great.

A big thanks to Megan and Denise who went the extra mile to organize the BBQ and ghost hunt Friday night and cruise on Sat morning.

Bubba and everyone else for the fine food on Sat.

Also to Ken and Vicki for keeping all of us in drinks all day with their gas powered blender

RBRoadster won the Coker Challenge Sat afternoon. Nice job.

8. Couldn't agree more. Not a frown in the crowd that I noticed. Had a great time with great friends. Always a pleasure to meet some new folks too.

9. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Ditto to the two posts just above.
    Ken and I had a great time - it was our pleasure to run the blender and make smoothies, sorry that we never got to the margaritas.
    We enjoyed the Spam sandwiches, the rice krispy treats, the loaded cherries, cherry juice, the brownies and everything else that everyone contributed to the day. I thought I was going to die when I ate the loaded olive and now know to stay away from those.
    Megan did such a great job with the Saturday morning breakfast, the information packs handed out were great and the little cruise afterwards was wonderful. Megan really put a lot of time and effort into her research into the Saturday morning cruise and we really want to thank her for that.

10. rbroadster

rbroadster

Wait 'til Dustin sees this. Not even a mention.

Oh, yeah, you need to ask him about his new nickname...

SNICKERDOODLE!! :eek: I'll let him explain.

Sue, you're in BIG trouble! I didn't get to see Julie at ALL this weekend, much less Jules.

As always, had a BLAST! Guess AJ did too as she said maybe three words all the way home in between 'napping'.

Cannot wait 'til the next one.

Miss you guys already.

- RBR

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

RBR, Nice meeting you and yours. All I can recall Saturday night is walking up and hearing you yell EARNHARDT!!!!!!!!!................ WOO HOO !!!!!!!! and then from somewhere across the street near the river a woo hoo came back. Too funny.......

later,Bill

12. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hannah and I had a great time along with the rest of the Indy crew. Made some new friends and partied with some old ones. To all the ladies and gents that helped show Hannah a good time...THANK YOU!! Ryan, she has shown all her friends that new shirt you gave her. I guess she is a HAMBETTE now!!!:rolleyes::D:D

13. Man, Did Ace Brown and the boys rule or what? sheeee-it yea!

I had a better time than last year, and I didn't even go back to see the movie:eek: (I went for the PEOPLE anyway;))

14. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

...........and came back and played more after the rain!:D

15. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Forget the Mothman, it was the Gallipolis Massacre! Ace Brown KILLED it out there!

Brian

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

EVERY car event should have them playing. TOTALLY suited for adding that extra cool vibe.

Can we get them to play the parking lot of the Ramada on the Saturday night of the HAMB Drags??

17. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Ace Brown = ruler on the geetar. I wanted a CD but got side tracked and they skipped town before i knew it :mad:. Maybe I can mailorder one.:rolleyes:

18. Hey Fink, I hit Ace up for some "prerecorded music" :D--he told me they got something coming out later in the year :cool: He's at myspace.com/acebrownovb

19. NOT SO JOLLY ROGER

NOT SO JOLLY ROGER
    from Tennessee

Had a great time too! can,t wait to see every one again, even Squiggy!

20. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words!! Had a hell of a time playing. Great meetin' you all too.

As for CDs...almost! we have one more recording session in mid july, then the CD should hopefully be pressed by august or september.

Thanks again guys, and to Ryan. Had a really great wet time! haha
    -ace

21. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

We had a great time and had a real eventful ride home. The coupe is officially retired, as the chassis took a real beating on the way home. Time to bring out the new rails!!! (I'm sure somebody has pics from the "Ride" home....)
    Thanks To the "Indy" crew for all the help......Otherwise i'd still be on the side of the road.....
    It was great to see all my friends and meet some new ones as well......

See you in Columbus (probably have to drive the Scion)!!!

Kurt & Peggy

22. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for playing for us Ace. You guys have a great band and are friendly as hell also. Either p.m. me or put on the hamb board when your cd can be purchased. I want a couple for sure.

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

I agree that Ace Brown was the perfect choice. I certainly hope for the oppertunity to catch them when they don't have to dodge the rain.

24. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

We tried to buy a CD as well and were told the same thing, loved their music.