Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few Road Rocket Rumble pics...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greendream, Jun 22, 2008.

1. greendream

greendream

It was my first time going and I will definitely be going back next year. Thanks for the great show!!! I was driving down 94 Friday morning to meet up with Cadillac Bob when I noticed something in the road, but I noticed to late. It was some sort of driveshaft thingy. It hit some crossmember up front, then punctured my gas tank and popped my tire. I somehow managed to not loose control and pulled off quickly. I had just filled up with gas. It really hurt watching $80 worth of gas pour onto the ground. I am just glad no one got hurt and my car didn't burn down. We still made it to the show and had a blast! Here's a few pics for ya. I might try to put more up when I get more time.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/DaveJozaitis/RRR-08/

2. Great pics of a great show! I'm happy you guys survived and are safe after hitting that driveshaft.

Judging by the response, looks like it was a quite a HazMat spill.

Glad your all safe...

Joel

3. greendream

greendream

Damn near 18 gallons of gas.

4. silent rick

silent rick

it sucked to see your car on the flatbed, dave. get it fixed and we'll see you at the pile up

5. duwty

duwty

damn wish we would have made it up
    we were in indy for slamology and were gonna drive over today
    because we thought it went fri sat and sun instead of thu fri and sat
    post more pics up
    might try to make it next year

6. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

man that sucks !! glad you or no one else was hurt.

7. steveo10

steveo10

it sucks about your car but i could have been alot worse. it was nice meeting you guys and putting a face to the name.

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

9. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics dude, the pink 53 coupe belongs to Ms. metal I think, thanks for sharing![​IMG]

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

This dude may have hit the same peace in the road,It looks like his back bumper is ripped out.

11. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

One of the problems with running them so low. No clearence for debris on the road.

12. greendream

greendream

Yeah, sometimes I ask myself is it worth it? The answer is always a "hell yes it is, why would you ask yourself that?". It was great finally meeting you Rick. I will definitely see you guys at the Pile-up. It was cool meeting you to Steve. I met alot of other awesome people too. But I just might have been a bit too intoxicated to remember anyone else.

13. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Those are great pictures. Glad you was ok and you got to enjoy yourself after the incident.

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

Is this the "driveshaft thingy"? That's a 61-67 Econoline driveshaft! It looks like it's from a 240 v an... so 65-67... and it can handle a SBF, or a 300 I6

[​IMG]

15. S.F.

S.F.

Glad to here that the car wasnt hurt too bad

16. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

sounds like it might be of a little value to someone. its not gonna be enough to pay for the whole disaster but, it may yield you a little towards getting it back together....

17. greendream

greendream

Yeah, that was it. I had no idea what it was from. Thanks for the info. Anyone looking one? Only minor scratches... haha

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

there was one on ebay a week or so ago. I don't think it sold. I don't think they're that valuable. I got mine for I think $20 plus shipping.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Econoline? What are the chances of that? Are you sure it's not something more mundane?

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

could be, but it looks EXACTLY like the one in my econo. not many have driveshafts that short and skinny

21. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Looks alot like a front shaft out of a 4x4 Jeep.