Register now to get rid of these ads!

SHOW RODS 60 & 70s..stories - pics ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meatball, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The Magic Carpet car was recycled into the Pool Table Car.

2. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

No stories...but these two were always a toss up, for my favorite show rod.

I've seen them in person, but can't remember for sure what movie the Manta Ray was in....Bikini Beach Party?

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  3. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

The Magician
    Built by Jerry Pennington I forget if he painted it. But I know my friend Butch Brinza painted the hood.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

5. Gomes

Gomes

Put a winsheild in this a 3 or 4 yrs ago The Bunny Coach I remember as a kid in the 60's or early 70's it being black with flames?built by Himsl and Haas bunny coach 1.jpg This is what it looks like now

6. Yep.
    Here it is
    [​IMG]

Someone mentioned the drag racing version of the BootHill Express

[​IMG]

This is the Wine Barrel Car (??) It looks to be built from one of the BootHill cars
    [​IMG]

7. Here is the Aussie version of the Deora. Built in the early 70's. It started as a early 50's Fargo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the crappy pics

8. How not to drive your classic 60's show car!
    [​IMG]

How not to "update" your classic 60's showcar (part 1)
    [​IMG]

(part 2)
    [​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  9. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

i just found this online, and wanted a place to post it... i guess this is the place:

[​IMG]

i found it while searching how difficult it would have been to be an alexander brother...

my conclusion... pretty effin' hard.

i nabbed this pic from this web page about the hotwheel:

http://onlineredlineguide.com/OtherRedlines_Deora.html

Attached Files:

10. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

11. 15 x 15s ????? really:):):):rolleyes:

12. Got these 8x10 black and white glossy photos at an Autorama in the 60's, scanned them for yas.-MIKE:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

i wish i'd have kept my 8x10s i used to get at the starbird shows in okc when i was a kid.

14. hemi

hemi

I've seen the "new and improved" version up close and I wish somebody would get a brain and restore it back to the former glory of the original the candy orange version. It WAS awesome. Now, it's an easter egg abortion. Sometimes Himsl needs his guns clogged with super glue.... how could anybody do that to something that was once so cool?

15. must be them "bay area drugs" wearin off over the years :D

16. any body know if this was a real trike??

Attached Files:

17. I know most of these cars were useless. BUT, I praise the people that built them. As a kid, I/we NEEDED to experience this dimension of our hobby. Thanks to all that created these oddities! Don't stop. PS-bless all the gorgeous models in their Go-Go boots, and Hot Pants

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  18. thank guys like Shutten,Fritz,Plowboy & Morriarity for bringin back from the grave...............

19. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

Thanks for the info so been on ebay ever since searching for a copy and the videos just landed superb viewing and gives me more energy to restore it soon

20. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

Hi
    Yes i bought all the cars of the French Dude!!(Although i would call him something else !) and there now in London waiting to be restored including the Bunk Bed car Although The Martian Spider is still in France at my mates Chateau which i am looking to sell .Will try and post some pictures when i find out how to !!

21. you rock dude!......good luck..........show rods rule

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Is that the Snakepit, 59 Eldo? That's one I had forgotten about. Got photos? All I get with Sanakepit search on Google Image is Slash's.

23. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

This has to be the best thread!!

24. Stone

Stone

nice pics. This is a cool thread.

25. My son and I saw this MonkeeMobile(or a copy?) at the Cow Palace earlier this year. The upholstery was in pretty sorry shape. I was surprised to see that it had no wagon parts -- just a sedan. Anyway, cool memories from the Saturday morning TV show.

26. the MONKEEMOBILE was built by Mr Dean Jefferies out of 66gto so no wagon parts woulda been used, one of the MMs were restored and sold for big $$ at the barrett/jacson circus in scottsdale early this year...I am curious what car you saw.any pics>>>

27. how and why did this end up in france,what else did they get ahold of.......:(

28. heres some pics of the Monkeemobile being built by Jeferies,anybody have any clue where this custom "stage" trailer ended up...it never was usd for the show

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  29. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

One of the Boothill Express cars was at Volo auto museum about 10 years ago....

30. hemi

hemi

I love the bunk bed car....