Register now to get rid of these ads!

friday the 13th SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Jun 13, 2008.

1. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

chris................it leaks out the bellhousing reallllly bad. its gotta be the back of the crank..... the "pop" was just figurative language, like it just randomly started "Leaking" really hard.... it sucks, but my model AA pickup should be fine to drive all next week!!!!and she dont smoke, leak, nothin!!!! woooohoooo!

2. it aint over yet..

3. Mopar34

Mopar34

Another Friday the 13th!:D I'm still vertical, not pushing up daisys in some dark hole, so I feel damn good about today.:D

Sorry for all of you who are having bummer days, but it could be a helluva lot worse.:eek:

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

I JUST got a ride back to work after my 2002 Silverado took a crapper on me. Electrical gremlins are making it not start. I can hear the relay clicking under the dash, but the selonoid isn't bumping and there's obviously no crank. This sucks, I hate working on newer vehicles.

Upside is, I don't believe that Friday the 13th has anything to do with it. I was born October 13th and my birthday has fallen on many Fridays in the past...no problems yet. In fact, I've had some pretty great birthdays when they landed on the weekend...

5. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I never ride a cycle on Friday the 13th--am very careful on everything--but something always gets me---today is not over

6. Check your breather cap. It may be plugged and building too much pressure. Try running it with no cap. Like I said, no seal back there so something must be causing the leak. I have been fighting a leak on my B for months.....

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

well, now you went and did it! better knock on wood, or else the AA might fall victim to the cruel Rodding Gods...

liek it was said a few posts ago, the fact that it's Friday makes it a good day for me.

8. Man for me the whole month of may is bad luck. one year i ran into a pole of the high school parking lot with my 79 ford bronco, the next year i totaled my 50 ford pick up,2005 smashed up the 57 pretty bad but got it fixed. but thank god the last 3 years were only minor problems but this year on the way up to paso/maria i ran into a rock slide on pch right before point mugu at 5 in the morning. so i wish i only had one bad day rather than a whole stinking month :( but i usually get 11 months of kinda good luck

9. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

oh cool(crossing fingers) thanks ill check it when i get off work, the cap seemed like it sealed too tight when i put oil in it... maybe just cant breathe..... its leaking at the bottom of the bellhousing, there is a little hole with a pin sticking out(to slow the oil down i guess) im hoping its just that cuz i got the axle done for it then that happened, i picked up a 21 stud yesterday in the trailer behind my sedan, driving through town people thought i was a hillbilly, it was rad!

10. Yeah, there is all kinds of reasons they could leak, but start with the easiest fix and go from there. There is a seal between block and bellhousing as well, oil can "sneak" up the rear main bolts and out, cracked or bad babbit, etc.
    Welcome to banger land brother ;)

Whats the 21 stud going in? I have a super nice rebuilt one I got cheap for my 34, hence looking for the heads below

11. Tony

Tony

Not sure if the day and date have anything to do with it but i was told not too long ago i have a "piss poor" attitude today. As someone else said, i woke up so i guess thing's are ok.......but i sure do have a shitty mood.
    Oh well, tomorrow's a new day and it'll be different...
    Hope your night isn't anything like the way your day started :D

12. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

got the 21 stud for the sedan.....:) but it might go in my girls car, it was a lincoln welder, has dual pulleys,nice 97 carb, and a governer that only let it get to like 1500 rpm's max, motor turns over fine, but id like to find a stock rebuild one if you know of one let me know!!!!! or a stock v8-60.........

13. seatex

seatex

Shit, you better watch out for the Beaver!

14. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Yep,Friday the 13th.Got my friggin' foot in a cast and went to back the Olds out of the garage...ran into my compressor on the way out and took off about a foot of paint off my running board.

15. so.ill.

so.ill.

I've been in three car accindents while i've been driving in my life, two on friday the 13ths. All most made it three today on the way home from work. My ass will be planted in front of my computer the rest of the night. only six and a half more hours of H.A.M.B.er time till i'm a free man.

16. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

"I woke up this morning, went to put my shirt on & the button fell off...
    Went to grab my briefcase & the handle fell off...
    I'm afraid to go to the bathroom!!!" :eek::eek::eek:

Rodney Dangerfield

17. jerry

jerry

When I hit 40 it was on a friday the 13th. 2 days before tax day!

All in all I don't have any problem with Friday the 13th.

jerry

18. Like Deuce Roadster,Friday July 13th 2001 was GREAT DAY for me as well.The doctor called me with the diagnosis of the biopsy he had done the day before and it was indeed malignant.It seemed to go drastically down hill from there.
    Three weeks later the scheduled 2 hour operation takes nearly 8 hours because the cancer had grown so rapidly.Breathing complications after the operation.
    A week out of the hospital recuperating and I'm lounging in my back yard and a skydiver from across the street at the local airport slams out of control into my garage breaking his back.
    The first day of radiation therapy(5 days a week for two months)we're driving into the hospital for a ten o'clock appointment and it is September 11th 2001! If I were superstitious I guess I would have been getting worried about that time!

Fast forward to today:I'm driving my Trans Am along the back roads trying to avoid race traffic at Michigan Int'l Speedway and the water pump decides to take a dump.Had to limp to the dealer about 12 miles away with the gauge pegged,the CHECK GAUGES light running amok and the pump making expensive grinding sounds hoping I didn't warp the heads.That lightened my wallet rather nicely.

BUT:It could be worse.I consider myself lucky to still be able to TALK about it so I put it down to just,"ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE"

Enjoy the rest of your day people and be thankful you can.

19. Retrorod

Retrorod

Gawd.........................I got it pretty good.

20. Bane

Bane

Well , first thing this morning I was at a friends working on his A and the mig ( my good one ) died , then I went home for the other one a little portable , drove back to Daves house , and shure enough the wire runs out . So drive to the store and buy three spools and drive back and work a couple more hours patching holes in his shell . He says lets go do some shooting , so I'm allways up for that , so off we go to the mesa . Half way there we get a flat on his Stude . Fixed and back on our way . We get there and we start blowing the crap out of an abandoned nisson and suddenly I notise the end of his 12 gauge and stop him from pulling the trigger again . He was using a S-n-W pump with a choke and at some point the choke along with about 4 inches of barrel blew off , and chances of lethal failure with the next shot were VERY HIGH !!!! At that point I'm holding his shotgun and going " HOLY SH!T " again and again , when he up -n- says " you know dude , it's friday the 13th today " We drove back to his house , and I carefully drove myself home . Me -n- my old lady are staying in tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

21. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Shitty dude. Let me know when you get ready to mount that 21 stud. Ill cruise out and help (watch!).

22. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

sold a maverick, gettin my new ride this weekend..My Gal loves me.....life is good, and God is GREAT....

23. I just got back home from the drags, I called the weather phone and it said the coast was clear for driving the t-bucket. I think I watched all of 6 passes and then it opened up, crazy lightning cats and dogs man.
    I wait for it to stop and the traffic to clear before leaving, I went and took a roll of paper towels from the bathroom to dry the seat and electricals. Thankfully it fired right up so I finished the night eating shit spray water all the way back home. I pulled it into my 3 degree pitched garage and watched the water drain out of the body..lol

24. 64cayne

64cayne

I got my 64 running today after a carburetor mishap that caused so much flooding I had to change my oil, plugs and tear the carb apart. The needle must have stuck open.I have decided to change the carb this weekend to a Holley from a Rochester but I am a little superstitious I guess so i will wait until tomorrow to work on it again.

25. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

today was a bad day for my right rear tire!

its the one closest to the side of the road...
    [​IMG]

26. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You think you has a bad day huh ?

Let me share a day and humble you - if it doesn't, you need to look in the mirror.

So my wife works in pediatrics and deals with kids / healthy kids / not so healthy kids and kids that lets just say are a prayer.

Since she had been working a lot, I'ld thought that I would buy some dinner and go down to the hospital to visit her between rounds and share dinner together.

I get there and catch up to her as she is coming out of a room from a young person
    ( 7 years old) and my wife says give me a minute while I finish this chart, while your waiting, go in and visit with Robby and chat.
    Soo.. I do as my wife says and enter a room only to hear " Hi - whats your name ? " and I replied my name and he says - "How are ya today ?"
    I replied pretty good and then he proceded to tell me about all the equipment attached to him and what all of it does etc.
    Tubes everywhere, machines everywhere and there sat a lad with no hair asking me how my day is going. So we chat for a while and talk about sports / cars and TV etc.
    All that time the kid is joyous / ez going / doesn't whine complain or tell me why he is sick but tells me exactly what each machine does and the cool things that it does to KEEP HIM ALIVE.

After, I learn that his parents bailed, he is a foster child and that he wouldn't live by the week end and that I was the last guy other than a doctor to spend time with him.
    3 days later he past on to I hope is a better world.

Bad day you say ? - not by a million bucks.

I don't have bad days, and I am a VERY wealthy man.
    My wife is healthy, my son is healthy and I, for the most part am healthy
    ( A few aches and pains but minor compared to the above)

Next time you have a bad day, take a moment to remember bobby if you would.
    As I remember that over 15 years ago, it saddens me to this day and adjusts my perception of lifes value.

Sorry to here about car trouble, pretty minor and tomorrow I hope you have a better day.

Respectfully,
    Cob

27. autobilly

autobilly

Bad day for the squirrel!
    I got a promotion at work, then had an accident in the ute on the way home. Kinda evens out the day for me.

28. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Do you know how many times I've been to the parts store today?

ELEVEN FUCKING TIMES!

Do you know what I'm doing?

A BRAKE JOB!

Do you want to know what's so special about this brake job that should require ELEVEN FUCKING TRIPS TO THE PARTS STORE?

NOTHING!

I learned it was friday the 13th a few minutes ago. Would have traded the wrenches for beer about noon had I known sooner.

29. </P>
    I love those guys!!!
    When I was working at Universal Citywalk,Bowser would come to the place we ate breakfast,everyday....

30. I was born on Friday the 13th also.
    13 has always been a lucky number for me.