Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 dwarf car street legal update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skull, Jun 13, 2008.

?
  1. yes

26 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. cool

17 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. sucks

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. skull

skull

been awhile since l posted but some people wre asking for updated pics and how far along the car was.. this board is about homemade cars and thinking outside of the box on a lot of vechicles so l figured this should fit as it is home made and defintily a rat type rod,,anyway.. engine and chain drive in and hooked up..tail lights and head light are in,, windows in,, hope to do wiring and brakes this month and be driving by next month

Attached Files:

2. rockin-bones

rockin-bones

3. I'd rather drive that on the street than the ridiculously named "Smart" car. All they need are a few more handles on the outside for the pall bearers...

4. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

A few years down the road, we'll all be driving small "Smart" cars.

5. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

What a KOOL rod. Gunt! Grunt!. Go get em.

6. Anderson

Anderson

You first.

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i need to poop

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I thought my cars were smart..:rolleyes:
    Im thinking they (the manufacures) of those "smart" cars are insulting all of our Rides., with that kind of anti-politically correct name for their car..its kinda implying something..dont ya think?;)

9. raven

raven

Commuter car...
    r

10. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Would you rather be driving something like this that at least looks cool,:D or a VW trike:cool:

11. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

That is CQQL, Get it on the road and have some fun. Can you put a pic. of the drive line ? Thanks

12. Honda Shadow engine or Virago?

13. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

I think it is kinda cool Id drive it.

14. A Boner

A Boner

I think I would take the number off the door, at least for a while so the cops don't get the wrong idea about it......sort of low profile it for a while.

15. T-Bone

T-Bone

How many clowns does it hold?

16. Zerk

Zerk

Looks like a blast. Bet that thing handles well, might be fun to autocross something like that.
    If the Mercedes is the "Smart" car, then that there is the "Balls" car.

17. BlackCherryImpala

BlackCherryImpala
    from Girard, KS

I've been thinking about a rear motorcycle engined Model T track roadster for a while for a daily driver. I drive at least 100 plus miles a day. Like it.
    BlackCherry

18. skull

skull

usually just one, clown,but if u stackem rite ,,6

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

You'd look good in it......

20. One!!!

21. skull

skull

here is some pics of the drive compnents

Attached Files:

22. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

have you ever raced this car? it would be kinda old school drive your race car to the track race then drive it home. that is assuming you didn't stick it in the wall

23. skull

skull

not this one but in the 80's gramma house was close to the track so we drove them there. dad and l drove the 10 miles or so there and back,, the saturday night race were fun and if we did not pile into the wall we drove back on sunday,, the track was nice enough to let us pick them up the next day..these cars were full body stock cars,,, usaually 66 chevelles, when a demo derby came around we found some station wagons and after the derby if the damage was not to bad, we drove back to grammas

24. Mopar34

Mopar34

Hey Skull, thanks for the update. Starting to look good. Keep the pix coming.

25. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

No kidding.

BTW, I love how they keep talking about how safe it is for its class, but is it not in a class all by itself?

I feel sorry for the person that gets one and meets a Suburban in a collision.

26. I think it is hilarious, and awesome...at the same time!
    That is a tricky combo to pull off.
    Can I borrow that thing some day?:D

27. Well, if it is what I think it is, the chassis is purpose built as a spec car for short track circle / autocross use, and the cage is made to survive eating the wall at 100+, so it should be really fun to drive and way safer than a 'Smart' car.
    If the car you started with was a dirt track setup, you should look into swapping in the asphalt suspension setup, it will handle way better on the street.
    I would paint it / trim it like a hot rod, including some steelies and some appropriately scaled bigs 'n' littles. Really make people wonder WTF.

28. skull

skull

yes is was a track legal car l lengthed the frame in front of the firewall 8 inches and reforced the whole area,, 2 inch chrome molly full roll cage front to back,, put in a fuel cell and added a 4th bar so now 4 link rear suspinsoin instead of 3 link and running 8 1/2 wide 13 inch hoosier street legal dot asphalt tires, 1/4 inch lexan windows and a full race harness belts and rienforced aluminim race seat ///l am leaving the race look as l am an old retired circle jerker/

29. I know of one registered in SoCal and have heard of several more . There is a group of guys in San Diego who have registered and drive ( I've seen them in convoy) the little bumper cars they used to have many years ago at fairs and amusement parks

30. AHotRod

AHotRod

Gotta have me one of those ....... love it.