Register now to get rid of these ads!

Enid Show, Thanks Pops and Whitey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Jun 7, 2008.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

We had a little show in Enid today. It was the first (hopefully) annual Chisolm Trail Car Show.

The local Civitan club put it on and a buddy of mine happens to be president so I stayed local and supported his show.

As first shows go it was a success, about 50 cars total.

I want to thank Pops and Whitey for cruising over in Seths 52 Chebby, hope you guys had fun and got to Roots shindig OK.

Not a lot of H.A.M.B. freindly stuff but heres a few shots.

Local chopped '35 fordor in progress, a nice '46 coupe, a group shot with Seths '52 in the middle and Twisted Okies delivery with Nathan's (SLIMLEG's son) A sedan.

And everyone can appreciate a couple nice restored Chevies. A well accessorized '48 and my freind Steve's '53

And I hardly ever remember to take a shot of my car but I did today.

Enjoy,

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      56.1 KB
      Views:
  2. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

We'll be there next year if I have some notice
    "Doc"

3. Enid be in the Okey Dokey state right?

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Yep, north central

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

woulda been there had I known...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Damn..why the hell does every pic of the T look like the grill is 4" higher than the cowl!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Taint right!?

7. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

GV, we just hit the door. I'll post my pictures tomorrow on this thread. You'll need to check it out 'cuz I got some pic's of the people who go with the cars!!
    We made it to Roots show about 5:30. I'll post my pic's from there too. Right now, I just want some shut eye after the little 350 mile tour around Beep's Okie Dokie State.

We did had a great time the whole day. Seth is beginning to understand what I've been saying for years - the most fun is getting to and from the shows - better known as DRIVING YOUR CAR!!!

Oh, yeah. Tman, I'll post a shot I took of the T and it has the right perspective. You'll have to check it out tomorrow!

J.

8. SLIMLEG

SLIMLEG

I really enjoyed visiting with POPS, AND WHITEY. Not as much as I would'v liked, but I sometimes wonder looking at the nice rides.Hope tobe able to meet more good folks next year.

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

That's great. I was born and raised in Enid. I saw 2 jets crash, but I never thought I'd see a car show. Nice. keep it up.

10. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

First for Tman, hope you like this photo of the T.

[​IMG]

Always have to give props to Whitey's '52 for getting us there and back once again

[​IMG]

GV Gordan, our host for the day. We enjoyed our time there, look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for having us.

[​IMG]

Terry's Delivery - this one has seen some miles. And the famous Terry - Twisted Okie - a few miles there too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also pictured is Arch, (Terry's future son-in-law?) on here as Haymaker, building a little "bobber" truck.

29 Tudor - look for it at the HAMB Drags
    [​IMG]
    Nathan, owner of the '29 and his Dad - Slimleg on here. They assured me they would have both cars at the Drags
    [​IMG]

We enjoyed ourselves. After the show, we headed south to Mustang, OK for Roothawg's Big Kahuna show. Only those who live in Oklahoma, or the southwest can appreciate the little head wind we fought as we headed south. (Only about 50 mph!) You had to concentrate a little while driving...anyway, there will be a little coverage of The Big Kahuna on another thread. Thanks GV and all the guys in Enid.

J.

11. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Sorry guys, I just found a couple of more HAMB friendly cars at the show.

[​IMG]

This one for my buddy Bulletproof1, although original, you would have liked it.

[​IMG]

Thanks again, GV.

J.

12. Yeah Pops, thats a good shot. Some cars are odd like that, certain angles just don't show the true proportions. I saw a car on another thread yesterday the same way. Looks like a nice turnout!

13. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

No problem GV, thanks for the invite! I think Pops and I had a blast the entire day despite all the cross and head winds we had to deal with! The 52' ran great and powered us all the way back to Tulsa just fine!!

Slimleg it was nice to meet you and your boy as well, ya'll seem to be good folks!

It was also good talking to TwistedOkie and Haymaker there as well. Hey Arch, Keep up with the truck it will be done sooner than you think! Good Luck!

until next time!

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks to both you guys for the photos. Looks like a nice time with cars and friends.

15. TyAtkinson

TyAtkinson

It was good to see some of you guys cars, i brought out the yellow t-bucket to the show but its no HAMB Freindly at all.

16. Pops & Whitey, Thanks for making the trip from T-Town to check out our local show. Enjoyed visiting with you guys. I'm sure we'll see you down the road at other shows. Till then have fun fun fun.

17. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Hey Pops, when will you be DRIVIN that 39?

18. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Hey Pops and Whitey, good to meet ya'll. Nice pics of the show. Hope to see ya'll around maybe up at MoKan. Till then take it easy.