Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-Bucket Kits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikebolk, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mikebolk

mikebolk
    from nj

2. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Total Performance is a few miles south of my shop so I know them pretty well. We buy from them now and again. Probably the most complete start to finish T-bucket builder/manufacturer around. Been doing it since the early 70's.

3. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

When I order mine, it will be from Total.

4. mikebolk

mikebolk
    from nj

my speedway book is actually what got him to started looking... but i figured i would ask here and get some advise...

5. boojoe

boojoe

I built a t-bucket in 2005 from a total performance kit. They are nice and you can buy the parts as you need them. I also got a few things from speedway. Both are easy to deal with.

6. Fiorano

Fiorano

a t-frame or an A frame to build a car in my avatar? any suggestions?

7. raaf

raaf

fiorano - tough to say from that tiny pic...looks like a speedster of some sort, so i'd think offhand T frame. but i think it depends more on what components/drivetrain and overall look you are going for.

i'd recommend getting larger photos together, preferably from several angles and starting a new post asking for frame guidance on your project.

8. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Total Peformance that where I go It is about 10 miles from my house. They always treat me good, very helpful and friendly. If you are planning to go there, take I-95 to I-91 exit 13 at end of ramp take right about a mile will be on your left. good luck

9. Fiorano

Fiorano

thanks for the tip i will sort a few things out...
    why is the steering link/drag link in front on so many T-buckets?
    would not it work better on top or behind the axle line?
    it looks dangerous and it can't steer right it seems

10. butch27

butch27

Correct! The steering tie rod on Spirit AND CCR is behind the axle. The tie rod shouldn't be your front bumper.

11. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I have been working on this being ONE version of the T-Bucket kits I want to offer. Just been up against the crap economy and new president B.S. while everyone is keeping real tight on their money. Hopefully '09 will see them happen!

Attached Files:

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got my frame and front suspension from Total. They have great stuff and are quick to answer questions if you call them for help or advise. Talk to Brian, he's the man there, next to Mickey.

13. tell me more~

the reason i've never bought a 'kit' from anyone is that the frames are too long for my taste. they handle well but i dont like the big gap(s) that results. every one i've built has been built from plans that all the majors sell/use but modified/shortened.

that drawing looks strikingly like something i'm working on and plan on getting after as soon as i get the interior in my 52.

14. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Not a kit....tried to use alot of vintage parts. but..the frame is homemade and slightly shortened with a Z to drop it super low.

Jerry
    Homemadehardtop57

Attached Files:

• t1.JPG
      t1.JPG
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    • t2.JPG
      t2.JPG
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    • t3.JPG
      t3.JPG
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
  15. aldixie

aldixie

Was impressed with the build at the Last Houston Hamb meet. So much so that I'm looking into one as well.:)

Alex

16. 34underglas

34underglas

Just for what its worth.....I have been waiting for over 3 months for a set of spindles, steering arms, and brake brackets from Total Performance. doesn't look like they will ship any time soon either.

just thought you might like to know

17. Is that the more-legroom '26-'27 body?

18. His wife was driving and she wasnt wearing seat belt, and thank God cause it would have been much worse. Btw, how is she doing?

19. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

give the guys a call at MAS in ST. Paul MN 651-644-6811
    good people and they make a very nice kit

20. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yeah, I have never been a fan of those 70's stretched proportions either. This has the right flavor that goes back to Grabowski and Ivo T-Buckets.