Register now to get rid of these ads!

Section a dash?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RW, Jun 4, 2008.

1. RW

RW
    from Milwaukee

I am trying to fit a 1949 Ford dash in my roadster. I need to take out about 12 in I need to make it about 41 total inches.... I am just trying to get some ideas before i start to cut up. Would it be best to cut into many sections and weld up or cut the end off ( glove box side) and just move the trim over.I am in a bind cant decide any input on sectioning a dash would be most helpful........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You need to consider the difference in how wide the dash will be on each side when you splice it back, unless you were cutting it right out of the middle.

3. fatabone

fatabone

Take your time and think about your cuts. Place your speedo in position and go from there. Here are a couple we've done.

Attached Files:

4. Flatman

Flatman

Don't forget about where your column mounts. If your steering wheel doesn't line up it might not look right.

Flatman

5. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

heres mine

Attached Files:

6. RW

RW
    from Milwaukee

You guys are the best. Those responses are faster and full of more info than my AA sponsor ever gave me:eek:. I think thats what ill do cut the center out .Once again thanks HAMBERS