Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oregon Registration / Title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Larry Pearsall, May 31, 2008.

1. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

A HAMB member contacted me about a title for his future project,, He said he had an Oregon Registration last used in 1948.. My Question is it usable for hin to obtain a tille? When did Oregon become a title State ? Did they ever use Registrations for ownership like other states example (New York) ? thanks Larry...

2. clays diff

clays diff

i dont know when they started to have titles but i have a 1930 star roadster title that has never been changed from the first owner so i know they had titles in 1930.

clay>>

3. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

My parents had title in thier name for a 1931 Chevy truck so I'm sure it can be titled using this title if that's what you are asking. My '64 hadn't been titled since the 70s so they had to rebuild the title whatever that means. I also had to file for lost title because my mom couldn't find the original. I'm happy she couldn't because the old titles were a lot smaller than the new and nice to have the first title i had for my car in '77.

4. 73RR

73RR

Without a title he is basically screwed. If he knows the last titled owner he can have them file for lost title, otherwise, 1) he needs a bill of sale from whomever he bought the car, 2) if the car has not been registered in the last 5 years he will then apply to DMV for a search of the stored, paper, files. This can take months. 3) DMV will then give you/him the name of the last owner. At this point you/he will track down the last owner or surviving last of kin that has the authority to sign off on the last title. This could include obtaining copies of wills, trusts, death certificates, etc. I tried this absurd run-a-round a couple of years ago and finally gave up.

Th only option is if you/he knows a tow company operator that is willing to phony some paper work to show the vehicle as abandoned and having been towed on behalf of the property owner, usually a government agency (city, county, state). Then a new title will be issued....just that little matter of submitting fraudulent papers to the state............

5. zgears

zgears

ITS+OR= no problem