Register now to get rid of these ads!

troublemakers and flames flames flames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superstockcatalina, May 23, 2008.

1. wow, they are crazy for flames, i was curious about all the cars they have, couldnt find a website and over the years ive noticed quite a few cars in the club and have some changed colors of the flames, i know this sounds dumb but they sure do have cars that stand out, any group shots?

2. Gee

Gee
    from Australia

theres a flamed car pix thread running, has a few group shots. check it out.
    someone in that club sure has a whole lot of patience masking up!

3. Who's "They"?

4. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

THANX FOR THE KIND WORDS.when we first started,we didnt really care about being a "club",we just wanted to have fun and cruz.then all the "magazines" said we needed a "cool" name for the group.we only been around for about a year or so. we paint & fabricate & customize our own rides,we dont follow rules or care whats cool.we are just friends who want to cruise,eat tacos and give strippers a second chance...they need it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/GilbertTorres/artshoww2.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

6. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

7. sweet! bitchin pics man!

8. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

those are cool

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

10. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Damn, now there is some very incredible talent displayed in these pictures.
    Flame on..............

11. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

thanx for the input everyone..i am always open to critiques,i am no way a professional painter and our cars are not perfect.here is a car i painted for kat von d/maxim magazine/pontiac...it was on the jimmy kimbel show the other night if anyone caught it...to see more MAXIM.COM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. cptkid

cptkid

THEY: THE TROUBLEMAKERZ CC SO CAL

13. hollllly shit....gilbert, the clud definetly stands out and i dig that, and true, the talent is insane, did you do all the airbrush skulls and tattoo machine on the chevy dash and the pinstripes? i practice pinstriping all the time and you do really good work. i love looking at the fleet of cars you guys have with all the flames.......makes me go cross eyed. its like looking at a high school exam with 1 million questions left to answer in 6 minutes, it makes my brain hurt hahahah oh, and kat von d...need i say more.

14. oh on your pickup, i noticed you painted the tonnaue(sp) cover, any prep work for that, as i may be getting a 54 and wanted to make a cheap black cover (on a budget) look like a tuck n roll cover, at least for now, since i will actually be using it as a daily and the bed will get its share of tool and bricks and lumber anyways..... oh annd thanks for the responce, like i said, the paint jobs really are insane, i dont even wanna ask how you made it through the masking..............

15. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

..haha..thanx again..i just dont really think about it..i just do it..the guys in the club will beat me severly if i dont do what they ask (we run a tight ship)..haha.i did all the pinstriping/airbrushing and another guy does all the welding/fabricating.

16. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

..yea the cover was just done in 1-shot,i think i might of put a little catalyst in there?...i think my bed took a whole day to lay down,but the flames(interweaving) took about 2 weeks...and alot of tacos!

17. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

18. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

i am a big fan of the 60's cars/era more than the 50's cars,but we like cars of all kinds,its just a coincidence that we mostly have flames.i think one of our cars is getting a scalloped paint job next.when i paint the truck again i might lean towards lowrider patterns and ditch the flames ...although they are timeless.here are a few more pics..the green car was sold.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

When my car grows up, it wants to be this car!:D....this car is sick....got a few pics of this 52 as my screen saver....very cool...thanks for postin' the pics....:)

20. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

thats some killer work!!!

21. chebby

chebby

cant say anything else that hasnt been said. cool ass cars and assload of patience, i wish i had just half of it. haha stupid adhd

22. cptkid

cptkid

Gilbert the new glass etching is sick....... any pics of jeremys window? what about zacks car post when u can....

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

BTT.
    I know its an old thread, but i really love these cars!
    Hey Gil dude! Any more recent shots of whats goin on your cars?
    I'd love to see more of this and as hard as i searched couldnt find anymore.
    Interior shots are also appreciated, especially serape ones.

24. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

im glad you dug up this old thread, thats some killer paint

25. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

man the time involved in doing all of those flames/lace/murals,holly shit.im amazed of peoples talents and these are deff.over the top!!!

26. Hey guys, I love your flaming car club. I come from a family that loves flames. We've been doing them as long a I can remember. My Dad used to do them for me in school back in the 60's until I could flame for myself. I made lots of freinds giving away flames on paper and doing book covers. If I could do flames everyday I would be happy. I also appreciate that you have no rules when it comes to the artowrk on your rides. Wish more people thought like that. Now if I can get my Wifey to let me do the outside of our house my life would be complete.

Attached Files:

27. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

28. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

fucking awesome flames bros....excellent job!

29. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

Wow....l That's some flames on those rides, I could never have the patience to go with so many. They look killer!!!!!

30. Johnny Hambone

Johnny Hambone

Unbelievable!!!
    The talent that is out there is mind blowing these cars are awesome!
    Great work keep the pics coming!