Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this the record $$$ ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, May 25, 2008.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wait...they might get listed again
    when the guy with the deep pockets gets buyers remorse..or realizes he over spent in the "heat of bidding"
    just wait and see if they get put back up again in a few weeks or so..

2. Making an original 1932 Ford hood side is now impossible 76 years later. :p;):p

JH

3. Oh, I know it wouldn't be original, or worth $5000, but maybe still worth doing.

4. Mopar34

Mopar34

I've always preferred hood less cars, so you know what I would have paid for the hood.:D:D

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've got a set of the Rootleib side panels like Deuce Roadster posted. I paid $100 and they had never been mounted. Those along with the 90 louvers I have punched in the stock hood tops will keep the boiler room well vented. When I'm driving down the road I can't see them and when I'm parked you DON'T want to talk to me about them being correct or not. I'm thinking there are too many RESTORERS on this board and not enough HOT RODDERS.
    Can you believe that Doan Spencer wasted so much time having a center section cast to his specs on the last roadster he was building when he died when he could have just slid an ORIGIONAL banjo under it? Poor bastard didn't have a clue.:eek::rolleyes:

Frank

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

No shit......a HOTRODDER could make his own............

7. And in the end, all that matters in building a hot rods is making yourself happy with your car, regardless of what you spent, bought for it, or built for it. If you are buying parts and building it for someone else you will be disappointed sooner or later in the result. My first Deuce is a crappy old Gibbon (nothing against Dwight Bond, but this was one of the first ones he made) glass bodied car I built myself almost 10 years and 50,000 miles ago. My wife and I have driven it all over the country and have hundreds of great memories of the miles we have traveled, the places we have been and the friends we have made with that old car. I was going to sell it but my wife won't allow me to because of the memories we have made in it. So it will be driven until it literally falls apart.

So it doesn't really matter if you have 25 louver sides or not as long as you have fun with your car and it puts a smile on your face when you are going down the road. You can have fun with an old car no matter what you spend on its parts!

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"Making an original 1932 Ford hood side is now impossible 76 years later. "

Yep.
    The Aliens took their secret technology back in 1947, When Henry went home to Orion--6B.
    NASA has an entire roomful of engineers trying to figure out louvers...

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Truer words have NEVER been printed here ... IMHO :D
    Too many folks get caught up in what other folks are doing ... or spending ... or driving.

As long as it is safe ... and they are enjoying it ...
    I am happy for them

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Who started this thread anyway?????:rolleyes:

11. rodncustom

rodncustom

:D:D

12. and what a fine thread its been!!.....you guys are still following it.....:D:D:D

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I did :)

But I was asking if this was the record ...
    Not bitching about the $$$ or if I liked 20 vents better :D

I have owned a 25 vent hood for a long, long time.

[​IMG]

Photo of my roadster taken 1973 ...

For those who do not know the history of the 25 vent hood sides ... August the 18th of 1932, Ford Motor Company released the 25 vent hoods to be installed on V8 vehicles going to warmer climates. All of the Deuce sedan deliveries also had them

As most of you know, the flathead was gaining a reputation for over heating ... especially in the South and Southwest. The 25 vent hood sides were Ford Motor Company's engineering answer to this problem. It worked so well that the higher number and larger vents were added to the up coming 33 Ford models.

Here is the South ... the 25 vent hood is good for a 20 to 30 degree temperature drop in the underhood temperatures ... which has to help the engine operating temperatures.

14. 3 Deuces

3 Deuces

They do help cooling a engine.