Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank our armed forces, for allowing us to enjoy our lives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I know I don't need one day a year to think about my fallen comrades, I do it almost daily. Semper Fi

2. Sounds like you have already figured out the solution to your own problem.
    Bye, bye and have a nice Memorial Day.
    I, for one, have no sympathy for your whining.
    Myself and most of the males in my family, have served in the US Armed Forces.
    That includes every war since the Civil War, including Omaha Beach in Normandy.
    Some of those conflicts even helped you guys out over there.

3. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

When your at your picnics, parades, ball games............................. take a few minutes to thank and remember those Heroes who gave all so we can live Free!

POW / MIA We Will Never Forget!

Attached Files:

4. rodknocker

rodknocker

A heart felt thank you,and God Bless the loved ones who lost everything for our freedom.

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Nooch, if Doc Watson was any lesser of a man than I know him to be, I'd not sleep well at night after the shit you've been typing on here. His SAS training might combine with his patriotism and result in your untimely demise. People like you amaze me. You though around phrases like "I am not trying to disrespect anybody," and all it means is, "now that I've said that, I'm going to say something that will offend you." I think you're forgetting about that little scrap the free world was in back in the late 30's and 40's. You know, the one where the United Kingdom was facing invasion. It was low on supplies and arms. How long after that would it have been until the cancer that was spreading across Europe and Asia and Africa would have spread to Australia? Would your parents have now been speaking Japanese? Then these other guys stepped in. The had lots of manufacturing, natural resources and a populace willing to throw in and take up the fight. Let's call them, The United States Of America. You know, the place the HAMB exists. The place where you don't have to speak German when you want to talk about Hot Rodding.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to speak you mind. That's part of Freedom. But Freedom comes with the responsibility of knowing when you speak your mind, and when to shut the hell up. Lot's of men and women lost their lives to make lots of things possible for us. Like hot rodding and customs. Today is the day in the U.S.A. when we remember our fallen Brothers-In-Arms. So let us remember them. On all forums. They are why the HAMB can exist.

Doc, I'm sorry to hear that you guys aren't treated that well over there. It's a sad day when the general populace doesn't remember those who keep them free. They'll be the first ones crying out "who will defend us" instead of "I will stand against them" when the next big threat appears.

SSgt. Kevin Tully
    U.S.A.F. Special Operations Command

6. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Respect is earned not demanded.Those that have my respect have it in spades.

7. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Much respect to all our fallen veterans through the years. I'm just glad not everyone "thinks" like nooch.Can you name any person or organization that has freed more people than the Armed Forces of the United States?

8. Is this necessary?

Thanks,
    Kurt

9. Yeah, it is ...

10. steeljunkieII

steeljunkieII

Thank you THANK YOU NOTHING IS FREE

11. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

12. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

Freedom isn't free and I for one thank all that have fought and sacrificed so that others can enjoy a free way of life. We can never say thank you enough. God Bless Our Troops!

13. Thank you and God bless all the sevicemen and women who put their lives out there for freedom and liberty. For those who died, those who serve and those who commit to service, thank you.

Doc, I'm sorry for your loss. Your country has been a great allie and we owe you our deepest gratitude.

14. doliak

doliak

this post should be at the top all day everyday. thank you all so much

15. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

It is a shame what some people take for granted everyday. The men and women who fought and died for this country are the heros. They have given us a blanket of freedom which we should all be proud of. Today all good soldiers are recognized. Thank you for all of your protection and the abiality to keep American as the land of the free and the home of the brave. Fly your flag high in the air as a symbol of the greatest country in the world. thesneakytiki

16. Oh yeah, how so?

Thanks,
    Kurt

17. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ThankYou from my family and I.

18. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

Memorial day, to me, has no political adgenda, it is a day to reflect back on what our country has gone through both militarily and economically.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU TO EVERY VETERAN, COMMUNITY MEMBER, EMERGENCY SERVICE WORKER, AMERICAN CITIZEN THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO MY DAILY LIFE BEING AS BLESSED AS IT IS!

19. Ebert

Ebert

10-4, Doliak!!!!! I salute all of the brave men and women that keep us safe!!! THANK YOU!

20. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Both my grandfathers, one living, one passed, my man, and several of my friends, including one about to ship out in July have served/are serving. The toll this service takes cannot be measured. One of said friends is 26 and has 2 artificial knees. He has to go in twice a month to have them drained of fluid. He is one of thousands whose lives will never be the same, not to mention those who have given their lives, some of them incredibly young. Perhaps you don't realize that here in America we take one day a year to remember and honor these fallen men, past and present. Perhaps you do and have nothing more to occupy your time than act as forum police. With all due respect (perhaps it isn't due), you haven't any place weaseling out "off topic" threads. The people who run this thing do that for all of us. As for your alleged abundance of such threads, I haven't seen anything else that might fit your criteria. You make a good point that this is an international forum. However, as far as my life experience goes (which isn't very far, I'm only 20) I have learned that if it doesn't pertain to you, it is best to refrain from comment.

21. nooch

nooch

Well I think we all would have liked to just move on from this post but between his idle threats on my life 'Tully' has hit the nail on the head! He displayed all the elements that I was criticizing in my original post. I want to thank him on behalf of all the Japanese and German members of the HAMB for his glowing remarks - maybe he forgets that the 'little scrap' he mentions affected people in their lives too and maybe celebrating a piece of US history may come off as insensitive to people from other countries.

And if you want to spew out your revisionist history then at least get it straight - Australia was fighting the cancer you speak about while it was thousands of miles away, they didnt wait until it bit them on the ass, like some of the late comers to the war who still claim to have swooped in to save the day.

"You know, the place the HAMB exists."

I didnt know the HAMB 'LIVED' anywhere, except in the contribution and support of hotrodders from ALL OVER THE WORLD, including the Germans.

I didnt know it was Memorial Day when I first posted, (it may surprise you but its not a long weekend all around the globe) If I had I wouldn't have said anything. But my point still stands, off topic pax-americana shouldn't be allowed on the HAMB.
    Freedom of speech is also about knowing the right place to talk about the right thing, I didn't do it but neither did any of you.

22. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

I'll look forward to seeing you enforce this from your position of forum administrator.

Oh, wait-

23. Weasel

Weasel

Attached Files:

24. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

I am not trying to start a fight but the HAMB is an American ran website with primarily American members, Memorial Day is important to all of us Americans, if you want to celebrate Australia Day or Japanese Freedom Day, go for it, it won't bother me in the least.

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wow man, could you be more of a tool Nooch? The only thing that turned this post from what it should have been into a political rant was your post. Like the young guy said, if it doesn't pertain to you, keep you fingers from typing. I've read lots of posts on here that just didn't pertain to me or my interests. So I didn't post on them. Your comments about this post are totally uncalled for. Shame on you for hijacking a post honoring fallen soldiers on Memorial Day (of all days) for your political agenda speech and personal world view of the U.S. If you've got such a beef with The United States, perhaps another forum would be a better place for you. Administrators???

26. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Oh, and your right. The United Kingdom was fighting the Axis long before the U.S. officially stepped in. They were also dangerously close to running out of supplies and arms. Check your history books. I've read mine and have several friends from both the UK and Australia. I never said you SHOULD thank the U.S.A., but you could at least remember where the brass, copper, steel, aircraft, tanks, food, etc. was coming from. I'm curious to know your age and what unit you served with when you were serving your country?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.