Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T American Graffiti - Where are they now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big T, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

Paul Lematt and Cindy Williams where both at the Shades of the Past last year in September. Both of them where pretty cool.

2. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

What the hell? :eek:

3. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

I thought she was like THE dame when I seen her in that movie lol
    I say good for toad! :D:D

4. Classic. Shit I miss Farley>>>>.

5. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

Several of the stars and cars are scheduled to be at Northwest Motor Fest in Boise, ID over the fourth of July weekend, 2008.

http://www.rpmprod.com/

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP, AG was the start of more movies to come based on cars, girls, drive-ins,etc., I had the pleasure of having my 32 roadster in a few scenes of 'Hometown USA' & 'Hollywood Knights', & got to see first hand how movies can affect certain people.----It was a lot of fun tho!!!!

7. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

if you're looking for a related movie with cool cars and an actor from AG, watch Kevin Costner's The Untouchables. Toad cruising around with a Tommy Gun!

8. Doug B

Doug B

I saw AG when I was a junior in high school..man,it fueled the fire for me.Met Paul LeMat at the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George a few years ago...real nice guy.I got a photo of me and him in front of a clone coupe parked nearby. He said the owner had let him drive it the night before...he seemed real stoked about that. Nice guy.

9. i seen the movie when it came out as well , we snuck in the movie house and watched a shitload of times .. great movie..
    few pic i snagged off the net..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY , no idea why the fonz is there..

[​IMG]

10. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Cool thread!

American Graffiti is "the movie"! in my oppinion.
    It might seem goofy today, but back in the late 70`s, it was way cool:) I got to see the movie in a local cinema, i was about 10 years
    old, my brother took me, had to borrow his leather jacket and boots:)! Then i looked older, but he still had to sneak me inn, i was to young!:D This movies really started the 50`s revival over here.

Taildragger&fenderless

11. slammed

slammed

Bo was WAY under used by Hollywood.

12. It's not goofy today either .... If one perceived it as goofy now, they would have thought it was goofy back then. Sort of like Blazin' Saddle, one either loved it or hated it .. not much in-between. I watched AG and it inspired me to get my 56 Ford, I got the "fever" .. !!

13. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

American Graffiti and Hollywood Knights are the two movies that really influenced my life. my son is Autistic and both movies are his favorites to watch. he goes thru 2 DVD players a year and i have had to buy several copies of the movies because he will wear them out. any time Milners coupe shows up he gets really excited and he bounces of the walls when he sees project X race the "almond eye guys" and pulls the wheels after the officer tells him to "pull that yellow piece of shit over there". when my daughter was younger she and her friends would get them out to watch when they spent the nite at our house. my wife says i have ruined the kids and they will never be the same. i say "job well done"...........

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Watched Hollywood Knights on one of the movie channels last night. I love it when Turk drops his load, I'll bet he's not the only guy that has happened to!

15. weez

weez

I was behind Paul Lemat one time at the market getting my morning java. I said hi to him, which seemed to kind of confuse him, then we both walked to our cars and I got in my chopped and channeled Model A pickup, I think he got it then. It looked like he was thinking "Huh, that's wierd." That was in '99 I think, I hadn't seen him at a car show yet at that point. It was just a trip to randomly run into "Milner" while on my way to work in my hotrod.

16. ok! so what was "Milner" crusin??

17. weez

weez

Paul was driving a dirty mid 90's Mustang. Metallic maroon. It was breathtaking.

18. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Here is an upcoming show with Paul Lemat appearing

Sled Scene East
    Oakside Community Park June 13-15, 2008
    Ledsleds - Kustoms - Ol' Skool Hotrods - Bands
    In Person: Paul Lemat, "Milner
    From " American Graffiti" -Rocker Charlie Gracie
    Kustom Chamption Wins $500.00 & Trip to Ledsled Spectacular
    https://bransonsecure.com/k/events.htm
    and
    Candy was in Detroit at the Autorama in March

19. Watched More American Graffiti last night. Not a bad follow up but not near as good as the first>>>>.

20. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark are gonna be at the Two-Lane Blacktop dragstrip in Bee Branch, Arkansas, car show, drag races and swap meet this coming weekend, May 9-11. I picked up a flyer at the car parts store yesterday.

For more info: www.two-laneblacktopdragstrip.com

I went last year when it was in April, cold, rainy, and miserable...so they moved it to May to avoid the possibility of at least the cold part.

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

That Two Lane Blacktop track looks nice, real nice

22. bygeorge32

bygeorge32
    from Canton, Ga

great movie, dose anybody else think Hollywood Knights is the low budget x- rated version of AG.

23. Where are they now? Bob Falfa is also more famously known as "Indiana Jones"

24. Yeah it has some pretty cool drag racing scenes.
    I have a 2 DVD set that has both movies as well as "the making of" parts.
    Sister got it for me, for Christmas, a few years ago.

25. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

My old man took me to see it in the theater in his '55 chevy when it came out.. that was the beginning of the end..lol..

just read my tag line below...

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i think theres goin to be a replica of the cop at our show next week...and maybe the 55 also.......
    great movie btw!
    ohh and retarded...i know your just bitter cause you no longer star in "life goes on", but thats no reason to take it out on hot rod movies!