Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheels DO make or break the car...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, Jun 20, 2004.

1. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

i've got some "new" rims for my car (gotta get rid of those rallys!!) and i'm about to get some wide whites for it..i was going to go with hubcaps originally,but now i think i just wanna do rims with a beauty ring and some chrome lugs..but now i cant decide which color to paint them..what do you guys think?red or black or..?anyone got any pix to help me with my decision?any help is appreciated.thanx
    Creepy

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what color is the car

3. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

ok,i had posted pictures before of it..here go some new ones

Attached Files:

4. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

here's another...

Attached Files:

5. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

and here's the last one..anyone got any suggestions?
    Creepy

Attached Files:

6. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

whats with the pics of just the front end are you trying to hide something perhaps two more doors. Paint em red or black or lime green or.....

7. haring

haring

If you are hoping to run wide whites, step up the look by running Cadillac caps.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The rally's gotta go bro', the white letter tires too.
    Can you put hubcaps on those things?
    Skinny whites and repro Lancers, you're done.
    Rally's suck, get rid of 'em, sell 'em to a Corvette guy, just ditch them.

9. Anderson

Anderson

Please don't paint them red.

10. klazurfer

klazurfer

It`s a tudor , right ? ( Or a fordoor with very long front doors [​IMG] ) The car looks like a sixties "Sleeper" to me ( Part from the "appeltons" ) . What kind of engine do you run ? If it`s HOT , then I would go with a set of polished old style Torque-Thrusts` ( Or some other sixties-style mags )
    If you rather wanna make it into a early sixties "High-school-ride" , then a set of 710/15 Firestones on Black steelies ( No caps or rings )would look nice... My 2C`s [​IMG]

11. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

[ QUOTE ]
    Please don't paint them red.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok,i've got some older style chevy rims (not rallys and i believe i SAID i want to get rid of the rallys!!) and NO,i DONT want to paint the rallys,i DONT want to run skinny whites..i'm gonna be goin wide whites and i'd rather not run caps cuz i got trim rings but no caps that'll fit.i've got some older rims that i dont have pix of that i want to paint but i dont know what color.why only pix from the front?well,i'm not tryin to hide anything,cept maybe the ugly rake i got goin till i put on the lowerin blocks i have,and rite now i'm not too worried about showin you guys the back cuz i'll be running skirts, and YES it is a 2 door.it's just that to get a picture of the whole car it's always too big to use. i just want it to kinda look like a mid 50s to early 60s car...like junior got a 54 and put a new V8 in it..oh,by the way,it's runnin a '68 327 rite now.
    Creepy

12. macs55

macs55

I say black steelies with wide whites. Just my 2 cents, but that would look just wicked. [​IMG]

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">Do a search for bullet caps and bullet lugs.

There are a few guys selling lugs in the classifieds.

I bought some for MAMA's car from alteredpilot and they are very nice!

Also, FLT-BLK came up with a damn fine way of making bullets work on the hubs.

RASHY
    </font>

14. hankcash

hankcash

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like the dated early small Chevy caps on those year vehicles too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

YES!hankcash,THAT is the kind of look i'm going for..huge whitewalls with a simple beauty ring and lugs!awesome,no?
    Creepy

17. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

I like the black painted steelies with a chrome trim rings and lug nuts. Here's a pic of my 53 with that wheel treatment.

Attached Files:

18. hankcash

hankcash

[ QUOTE ]
    YES!hankcash,THAT is the kind of look i'm going for..huge whitewalls with a simple beauty ring and lugs!awesome,no?
    Creepy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the wheels have a little bit of small flake in them... When the sun hits them they look like a starry black Texas sky...
    The lugs are bullet lugs and I had my center caps chromed...
    I was gonna paint the wheels copper, but I opted to go with the black at the last minute....
    Simple and clean.
    HC

19. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Creepy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the wheels have a little bit of small flake in them... When the sun hits them they look like a starry black Texas sky...
    The lugs are bullet lugs and I had my center caps chromed...
    I was gonna paint the wheels copper, but I opted to go with the black at the last minute....
    Simple and clean.
    HC

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That is exactly what I was talking about!

Maybe I should paint mine black so the damn slots don't show so bad?

Then I would have to get WWW and I'm not sure about them on my car. [​IMG]

What to do, what to do?

RASHY</font>

20. burger

burger

Does anyone sell chrome dust caps?

21. burger

burger

22. PANEL TRK

PANEL TRK

I am not sure of your theme, so if its a newer power plant &amp; not a custom ride. I have baby moons that fit ralley wheels. You could paint rim any color and go with the clean moon cap. If its a custom you could add wide whites. Its just simple &amp; clean.
    If its a custom you could go with bullet lug nuts chrome grease cap , bullet valve cap, wide whites. or wide whites &amp; flipper caps.
    If its sort of muscel then some old style Torq Thrusts would work. Or a nice set of Cragar SS wheels.
    E mail me &amp; I will send you pictures of anything I have that you are intersted in.
    I am trying to figure out how to get my epson camera to give me pictures under 70K every thing I have is over &amp; I am not the sharpest computer / camera guy out there.
    [email protected] will get you here direct.
    Panel Trk

23. What color is the interior? Can you match or contrast that? I gotta say I'm glad you're getting rid of the rallys. Gag! I'd put one of those yellow face things here but there isn't one that looks disgusted enough.

24. MotionNova

MotionNova
    from Ohio

No one sugested blue. black and blue go great together. Maybe deep blue big metal flake with the trim rings and bullit caps. Then to raily go over the top blue flame job hot rod pin striping and big metal flake blue on the roof! Dress out the 327 with mooneyes valve cover and faux stormbergs. and pearl white tuck & roll interier.

25. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Dude, this thread is SIX YEARS OLD.... :eek:

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder if he ever painted his rims?

wonder if he ever removed the chrome blobs off his windshield posts?

27. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

He's probably still waiting on the paint to dry, Im sure we'll see a follow up soon...

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you run painted rims with rings the possibilities are pretty endless as far as swapping caps and looks go. Get the rims and tires on the car and then figure out what you want for caps, rings, spyders or what not. It was common for guys to change out their hubcap combinations on a regular basis back when depending on how the felt on a particular day. Moons and rings or Flippers or Fury cones.