Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have problems with Classic Performance Products out of Socal???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, May 22, 2008.

1. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I get all my 53-6 Ford Pickup parts from Mid Fifties in Arizona. They usually provide great service and most of the stuff is decent quality. Took a chance and ordered a side fill gas tank from them about 2 months ago. I was told that the tanks are made in SoCal by this Classic bunch. So far I have had two tanks shipped to me, both of them WRONG! and am at three weeks and counting for the next (this will be the third tank...) delivery. My customer is not a happy camper, and I am even less so. Has anyone dealt with these retards? I see from their website that they primarily sell Chevy parts. Maybe that is the problem. In any case, it is the usual story. No parts, a bunch of excuses and the usual gee, we are shipping tomorrow B.S.No tracking numbers, needless to say.....Just curious if anyone on here has had this kind of result....I plan on NEVER ordering anything from this company EVER....and have already expressed my Great Disgust to the Mid Fifties gals.....I suppose the next step is to call a few buddies of mine who have businesses on the Same Street in Huntington Beach and get some satisfaction that way!!!

2. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

You know, I thought I`d feel better getting that rant off my chest......strangely enough I`m STILL PISSED OFF!!

3. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

The guy that started cpp's dad made a living doing f100 repro stuff, he took over the co. in the 90's(?) and started up cpp as well, which got real big real fast.
    The guy that owns the co. is a real good guy, so I don't know what thier explination for the troubles with your order is..

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Ive live locally and bought from them a few times, I had a nightmare with one of thier so called bolt and weld on "kits". When I confronted them about it they told me that from the thousands of "kits" theyve sold just like mine only one other guy had the same problem... I found that hard to believe, and that was for a 59 Chevy! Also a couple of the guys that worked at the sales area had shitty attitudes. Luckily a friend of mine new Jeff, so I was at least able to get a 30% discount on whatever I bought so that kinda made up for it. Try asking for Jeff, he seemed like a good guy. Hope that helps. Oh BTW arent they in Anaheim?

5. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

6. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I ordered some tie rod sleeves from them. On the website the specs for the sleeves were wrong. Something like 9/16 Left hand thread and 5/8 RHT. I called to make sure of the specs and ordered them overnight.

When I got the parts, they were wrong. 9/16 RHT and 5/8 LHT or something like that. After a hour of making sure that I didn't make a mistake somewhere, I called them up. The only excuse that the asshat on the phone could come up with was that it was an internet error. OK. Waited for a month for a refund and 2 months later they still advertised the sleeves with the wrong specs.

Not a whole lot of difference between CPP and my local Autozone. Both can get me the wrong parts. At least AZ doesn't charge for shipping and you can get a refund right away.

7. Never2low

Never2low

I bought my MII front and tri-bar rear from them, no problems. I read thier feedback on egay and was not impressed. Alot of "wrong parts, long wait for replacement/refund, and poor communication" feedbacks. I exchanged several emails and a couple phone calls (from sunny Michigan) and got very prompt response and nothing but positive attitudes. Guess it's hit or miss:(:confused:

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I just got a master cylinder set up for a '59 Chevy P/U from them. Good to go over here...

9. 30roadster

30roadster

I got my boosted master cylinder kit for my 56 chevy truck fast. It was nice quality and fit like a dream.

10. gmt900

gmt900

I ordered a steering wheel from these guys a couple of years ago and they sent me two and charged me twice. When I called back to get it straight they accused me of running some kind of game to rip them off. I did finally get enough information to send one back and get a credit some weeks later. Won't make that mistake again.

11. I ordered a late model axle "Conversion Kit"- all the hardware that allows you to mount a late model axle housing. my rearend is a 9" so it should work as a hardware kit for flipping the rear axle...

I told the kid on the phone that it was for '58 F100, and that the leaf spring width was 2.25". His response was "OH, yeah- well, it's universal and it'll fit"

I got the kit and everything was for a 2.0" spring width- spring perches, tie plates, and U-bolts. Of course, none of it was going to fit.

They didn't want to pay shipping to take it back- and the same kid got on the phone when i called back and said"I'm absolutely positive that I told you this would be a problem"

Then- why exactly did I order it from you that same day? And by the way- what is the stock leaf spring width for a '57-'60 F100?

You can't expect these parts guys to know all the nuances of a '58 F100- but at least admit when you're wrong- especially to a customer.

12. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Bought a pair of 2" dropped spindles for my 62 impala. Asked the guy on the phone if they would fit with no modification to stock A-arms. He said no problem, I took them to my mechanic to have them installed, he called and asked me if they shipped the correct ones because there was no way they would fit my car. :confused: They were listed to fit 58 thur 70 fullsize. Called CCP explained what my mechanic said they said they would have there Tech call my mechanic. Never happened !!!:eek: I called them to see if I could return them, clerk asked if I had painted them ? I replied why would I put them on the car unpainted ???? He said sorry can't return them.:mad:

13. Had an issue with a "bolt-on" brake upgrade. Ran in circles for 2 weeks with no consistent answer. We put in touch with Jeff and he took care of it for me. Seems like they have some issues but at least he was able to take care of it. I would still hesitate to order from them again though. But yeah, call and talk to Jeff.

14. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

i bought a disc brake caliper bracket from a few years ago. installed with no problems and one thing i did like was they gave you applications for the rotors, calipers, and bearings so i could go to my parts house and get them cheap.
    Then at a show i asked about drop spindles that were supposed to be out in june of 2007 for the 55-57 chev. this was in december 2007 and still not out, so i asked about them and the owner opted to send me a free setup if i do a test a tune for him. got the full drop spindles and disc brake package, went in nice and i was in contact with Jeff alot. good guy, willing to work for you on your problems and get answers.

Dave

15. "I suppose the next step is to call a few buddies of mine who have businesses on the Same Street in Huntington Beach and get some satisfaction that way!!!"

Ummm, the only problem with that is they are in Anaheim. There is a Classic Industries in H.B. that are GM dudes ....
    I have dealt with CPP for a few years and have had some fitment issues and some of the phone guys are definatley yeah-hoos. They can be frustrating to deal with. Jimmy Reis, the owner seems like a good guy and it was his father Jack that owned So Cal Pickups & Panels back in the 70's & 80's which was the best F100 shop at the time, maybe the first that specialized. <!-- / message -->

16. specialk

specialk

Very two faced operation this CPP. On chevytalk (where they sponsor) there is a guy named Aaron who everybody loves. On 67-72trucks (not a sponsor) people can't get out of the way of each other knocking a guy named Aaron to the ground for being a pretentious ass.

My advice, order everything through chevytalk as they seem to have a vested interest in being good guys there (but nowhere else that I know of)