Register now to get rid of these ads!

HHR @ BG: Who's going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, May 16, 2008.

1. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

The TN Poor Boys will be there by Friday. some camping out, some in hotels.. Glad they brought it back to KY!!!! Sparkxx

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

It is going to be great.
    I can't wait.

3. Dirty2

Dirty2

Too cool ! Counting down ..

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

What I've heard is, there will be no nitro due to the shortage.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

The nhra website still shows top fuel and the cacklefest on the event schedule.

6. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

We are planning on taking the 29'. Hope to see you there. Bob

7. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Hey Hog Mtn Dave- Darrell says he's going to finally run the A/FX Ply. We'll see. The Nite-Flyer bunch will be there drinking beer, grilling out giving the kids glow stuff.

8. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Supposedly, there will be no Nitro distibutors on site at BG. Steve Gibbs has asked the Nitro contingent to "fend for themselves". Although, according to the media, VP (the official supplier of NHRA) has plenty of Nitro. Interesting. I hope there's enough pop to go around. I wish I could attend. Have fun.

9. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

I was out at the track a couple wks ago for the NMCA Edelbrock event. The track looks great and the new access road opened last yr. Last yr. was the only NHRR I've missed. What was nostalgic about Natn. Trail? There may be some rooms in Cave City KY, about 30 mi N. of BG up I65.

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

do you still come in over the hill and past the covered stand?

11. Got my credentials today-#87-. My buddy from my old home town and I are heading out Thursday morning. Some where about an 8 hour drive. I've never been but from every thing I have heard I should never have missed it. Can't wait.

12. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

B.A., Thats the way we came in then, but that was the only entrance they had open that day.

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am still trying to raise money for Bowling Green check the classified for little books and annuals for sale.
    I am taking my 4 year old and I have to raise money for snacks.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hey Dave:
    I am deep neg. with upper management.....
    I just may be very well tripping with Mother's Worry......

15. cant wait to see it in person Bob....

Don

16. Jeff, if you can get to cleveland, you can go with us!

Don

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thanks Don......I hope to see you and Littleman there.....
    I got the GREEN light.

18. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I think everybody will bring enough. We have plenty, and I think most everybody else saw this coming and stocked up. We're running Goodguys Indy the weekend before Bowling Green, too. Stop by the Speed Merchants top fuel pits. Recycler, RandMan, and I will be there. Would like to meet everybody.

Dave Pace

19. Rusty

Rusty

We are planning on heading out of Dallas early Thursday morning

20. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I hope to meet up with all you guys in BG. Hannah (8 yr. old daughter) and I will be leaving Thursday morning sometime. It's about a 4 hr. trip from Indy. Just a nice little short cruise for us. Look for a black '32 2 dr. sedan with "stray Kat" on the cowl. Say howdy if you see us!!!:D

21. A group of us from Atlanta will be there. First time, and cant wait!!!!! Hey Don, you will have to look us up, one of my buddies going with use is a die hard AMC fan....70 Rebel Machine, 65 Ambassader, and we just sold his AMX drag car. Hes a fellow HAMBer and you may know him,,,,Randy Bennett??? Im trying to talk him into building a Rambler American Gasser and need some help pursueding him!!!!
    ETHER

22. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Good...y'all are going to have fun. Looks like we may be camping instead of doing the hotel thing. I've done both, it's fun either way.

23. Rusty

Rusty

How much is it to Camp?

24. If I remember correctly, it is $50 to camp in the pits, I dont know how much to camp at the camp grounds....I think they are usually pretty full....Don

25. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I think you have to be racing to camp in the pits, and I think Don's right, $50. You have to have a self contained unit too, no portable generators. It's cheaper at the campground. I doubt they have full hook ups still available, but there's no way they could sell that place out. A few years ago I think we paid maybe $20 a night and that included electricity.

26. Rand Man

Rand Man

Look for the Speed Merchants, Nostalgia Top Fuel entry, the black, full body FED. Crowerglide will be going for the title of "World's Fastest HAMB'er".

27. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

We will be heading up on Thursday morning taking 3 cars anyone wanna join the convoy from East Tenn. let's all make the fun of this trip start as early as we can. I know it's gonna be a blast after we get there.
    Scott

28. Rusty

Rusty

Looks like the NHRA has debited my card so I am in fo show

29. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'm not positive when I'm leaving. I'll be bringing young'uns and will have to take the non HAMB friendly car if anyone needs a chase vehicle and times can be lined up.

I'm right on the Ohio River in N/W West Virginia. I likely will not be able to leave before Friday.

30. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Those bringing kids look for the Nite-Flyer lite cart or red canopy in the pits. We will have a bunch of free glow stuff.