Register now to get rid of these ads!

Galveston HAMB Reliability Run w/ Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by InDaShop, May 18, 2008.

1. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

yeah, i cant say enough about that truck myself. perfect 5 window p/u IMO. wouldnt change a thing about it.

2. Brad S.

Brad S.

3. You should see it in person, he did a nice job.

4. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

yeah, i saw it at Roundup on 07. i dedicated about a gig of pictures to it that ended up being overexposed in the bright as sun against that bright ass color.

5. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Looks like fun was had by all, nice pics and great cars.

Daisyduke

6. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Wow! Looks like a great time with a great group representin'.:D

7. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

thanks guys,....the truck was my Dad's, he will be gone 2 years on May 25th. :(
    I had an orange 70 chevy that I used to cruise around in (next to Todd's bad ass 72), so my 70 chevy truck convinced my Dad into finding the 50.
    He had the 17" billet wheels, and the interior was "different". When I got it, I had CMX Industries bag it, and I put the wide whites, black steelies on it, changed out the interior and drive it.
    Other than the usual maintenance "stuff" I can't say that I built the truck.
    I am usually out at the car show on Saturday nights off of 249 & Spring Cypress, stop by and say hi.

8. EL Diablo Blanco

EL Diablo Blanco

excellent pics ... We had a great time can't wait until next time

9. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

a guy named Dan that i work with has told me to go out to that "little" get together on Saturdays. been meaning to, but keep going home on the weekends to work on my car. hopefully i will be out there before too long in my ride.

truck is sweet though, cool to see you revived something your dad built. i got my car from my dad, and as much time as i have wasted on it, i would really like for him to see it the way i intended before its too late.

10. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

My dad bought a 1958 Impala in 1991. He drove a while but parked it until last year, I drug it out of the garage and started fixing it the right way. I bought him four wheel disk brakes (what he wanted), new steelies, new tires, new gas tank, rewired part of it to get it on the road. It was so cool to bring it home to him and see the huge smile on his face. The car is rough but it is all my dad talks about. He will be 70 this Sept. and all I want him to do is enjoy that car he so dearly loves. He had a 58 in 1958 and bleeds Impala's. The fist place he wanted to go when I brought it home was DOC's house, because the first place Docs dad brought that 50 was to my dads house. Proud as can be. I love to see that truck.

11. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

Thats a good story of two friends and there sons being friends. thats the same thing with my friend and his dad.