Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miss Belvedere's German cousin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mobile chicane, May 15, 2008.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ok nobody has said it yet...That will buff out !

2. VespaJay

VespaJay

This is one case where the hack phrase "ran when parked" actually DOES apply.

3. Koops

Koops

Just don't sneeze! :)

4. Now THAT'S patina... (can't do THAT with no paint):D

5. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

better get that off to kansas with the unearthed 57 plymouth fury.

6. RacerRick

RacerRick

I want it! I would put it right near the front of my property, and plant flowers around it. Then I could watch all the local porche snobs freak!

7. The Cap'n

The Cap'n
    from Kansas

I think you're thinking about the one that was buried in Oklahoma...it sure was rusty when they pulled it out

And I would proudly have that porsche around if I had a shop to put it in...you should get a cherry 356 and use pictures of that car as the "before"

I have to save pics of this so when I get shit for the project cars I buy I'll have something to pull out and show the people that can't see potential in the stuff I like to buy :D

8. I love the barnacles on the whale tale, appropriate

9. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

sled can fix it.

10. 53burb

53burb

Did it start up on the 1st try??? KNUX! Sounds like a good "Over Haul'in" episode to me. Have Foose and the crew do their thing to it.....

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most likely either stolen or insurance fraud. It could be the answer to the long lost guy who went missing in his Porsche back when. It would be interesting to know the particulars at any rate. They pulled about 10 cars out of a gravel pit here that a local kid stole for a ride home and then bricked and let buzz off into the pond.

At any rate there is a fish missing his home now.

12. alchemy

alchemy

Was this right next to the woods with the '55 Vette?

13. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

One of those ended up in the local steel mill when the first car crusher came into the province back in the early 80's. It was complete and rolling but had extensive (but not structural) rust from being parked in grass for several years. Even the interior was intact!

Still kick myself for not pulling it home...but who could see Ebay coming back then?

Are they or the parts worth good money???

14. sadayo

sadayo

Regardless of what the future holds for this car now, it would be interesting to see how much dirt you can dig up on it. That's one of the great things about old cars, they each hold their own story. As far as the Porsche records, I'll vouch for European technology. All I have to do with my bimmer is walk in with my key, they stick the key in their keyboard and the computer chip tells them what servicing it needs.

15. I've seen worse. What the hell do you mean by "red Porsche?" That's a minnow hatchery. Those white lumps on the floor are possibly the remains of the driver.

Any more news on that 50ish Ford? That's a great story.

16. Some screen wire bondo and a little detail work and it will be READY to RESTORE! OldWolf:eek:

17. There is a guy that puts wanted ads in the back of Drive! magizine, looking for Porsche 356's in any condition. You may want to give him a call....

18. Van B

Van B

I'll bet this thing would make him change his ad from "any condition" to "most any condition". :eek:

19. Fidget

Fidget

Yes they are. 356 prices went through the roof a few years ago. A little over 76,000 were made from 1948-1965/66.

20. Squablow

Squablow

Awesome pictures and an awesome story. It really does look like some of the glass is useable, plus maybe the luggage rack and one headlight ring/lens. If I were restoring one of these, I'd love to have at least one part of it on my car, just for the story.

Keep us updated.

21. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, there has to be a story behind this one - maybe even a made for TV movie!

22. Bruxell

Bruxell

Yeah that's pretty rough. It'll probably only bring about $10,000 on Samba.com...;)

23. rustysconny

rustysconny

I hereby relinquish my name

24. spudshaft

spudshaft

Sad, but cool too

25. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Thats just about average rust for a 356

26. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

call CarFax and see if they want to use it for one of their commercials.............

27. Van B

Van B

That's funny. We were talking about making a Carfax commercial when we were pulling it out of the water.

Police did pull a VIN off of it, but I have not heard any news on it.

28. sledish

sledish

"Best Rat Rod" 2008 !!!

29. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

That right there made me hurt. Now I pictured everyone watching it come out and say, "Noooo WAYYYYY!" in that Spicoli voice!:D

30. gmaltby

gmaltby
    from MN

Mobile Chicane, can you contact me please? This will make a nice magazine story.