Register now to get rid of these ads!

HHR @ BG: Who's going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, May 16, 2008.

1. Anyone from the Houston area going up to BG for the HHR? I am taking the AA/F Coupe for it's debut and could use a convoy buddy or two.

2. Rusty

Rusty

We should be attending from Dallas

3. vicksrods

vicksrods

when are you heading out? we have a group of us from memphis that are heading up on thursday morn. maybe we can hook up on I-40 somewhere the more the better.

4. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

We'll be there with recycler's TF car.

5. Heading from Maine to York, Pa for Nats East then on to Bowling Green - leaving York, Pa early on Tuesday morning. I'm traveling solo and would like to meet up with some one on the way? Let me know?

Thanks,
    Ducky

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Me and Danyelle for shure !!

7. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I've been to every one at BG. But not this time. I could build a big block Ford for what I'll spend on fuel to attend. I would expect attendance to be down accordingly. Have fun and take pics if you're going!

8. Rusty

Rusty

Nope record sign ups so far. Gonna be the biggest one yet, Hope you got a room cause they are super booked.

9. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I wouldn't count on it. :D

10. We are headed in from MD. on Thursday. I made reservations in January and rooms were hard to find then!! I think the return to BG is going to be huge. This is the one event that fuel prices aren't going to scare people away. Just pray for good weather!!!

11. It took me four days of calling, nagging, begging and then threatening peoples lives to get rooms, but finally found some. Ramamda Inn. We will arrive in BG on Thursday "mid day" we hope.

12. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

The cost of diesel, towing from Hog Mountain to BG and back is about $270. About $90 more than it would have been last year. We'll spend that much on beer, we're going. I'll be surprised if attendance is off.

13. Hotel room? You want to camp at this one! It is a blast! Littleman and I will be there camping and racing. Dave has already raced at a previous HRR at BG but I had the Lazy 8 there that year. Last year I raced the Rebel Reaper at Columbus, and had a great time. However, I cannot wait to race at BG, the place is so cool.....

Don

14. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'll be there for sure! Probably head down early Friday morning. I'm only about 90 miles away, and can't wait!! For an event this outstanding, i don't think the Fuel cost will matter, i know some guys are cancelling other events, and saving that cost to make it to Bowling Green. Should be a blast!!
    See 'ya there!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

15. i will be there in my little green truck.jim:)

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

Be nice to see you again there Dave !!

17. Hopefully,I'll be there again...Didnt like Columbus..glad its back in BG...I heard they made another entrance to avoid all the long line with just the one way in....True or False????

18. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Dave: I'll be there but Norwell is going to drop out....

19. ABSOLUTELY!!:D

Going up Thursday AM

20. Is anyone from Houston area going?????????????????????

21. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

22. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Me and my little girl will be there probably Thursday sometime. We are staying with a friend that lives out in the country around Glasgow, Ky. I have been every year to HRR in Bowling Green but didn't go to Columbus....no thanks.
    I don't know if anyone else from Indy will be going or not. I'll have ask around. See 'yall there.

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

You guys don't know how bad I want to go....just cant squeeze it.. big bummer.....:(

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Sure Jeff, who is going to tow me back to the pits after Dave blows my doors off?

25. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My husband and i are going. We are leaving maine very early wednesday morning and hope to be at the host hotel thursday afternoon. Ducky you know who we are give us a call. We will be in memory lane with the S&S race team. Stop by and say hello. Just look for a black willys coupe with white stripes and lettering.
    Gasser Girl

26. greg

greg

Were going. Booked my room the day I found out it was in BG. Two years ago the wife & i were setting in the third row and our eyes were burning from the nitro. That didn't happen in columbus. I cant wait to get back to BG. were about 3 hours north & wont leave till Fri. morning. Should be there for the first run of nitro!!!!

27. primed34

primed34

As I understand it, they have enlarged the exit. They have reopened the other road or loop which was tied up in court. Won't have everybody trying to get in or leave down than narrow lane. I havn't missed a reunion at BG yet. Only live 130 miles away. Be there Friday about lunch.

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am planning on making the trip w/ Don Moyer...Bringing the Rebel Reaper and my Model A Pickup down to race....If all works out........Sounds like a chance to meet alot of fellow Hambers.........Littleman...Hope I do not break my Truck before then...

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Doh!.....thats loaded question:):):):)

30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I will be heading out Thursday morning me and my 4 year old son and another friend and his recently graduated son and 1 more friend will be camping.
    This will be my sons first outing on the guy trip.

I will have lots of old magazines from the 50s 60s and the early 70s with me for sale.
    I will probably sell them out of the back of my late model Suburban the way I did at the last Bowling green.
    I will have them at the Holiday inn Thursday and Friday night.
    Come by and contribute to the I need Gas and Grub and Junk fund.

I know I will be buying Popcorn and Cokes and all kinds of crap for the boy