Register now to get rid of these ads!

First "real" drive in the Essex.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, May 2, 2008.

1. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I took a very short drive around the block in the Essex about a month ago, long enough to discover the wheel cylinders were shot, the 30 year old bias ply tires were junk, as well as a few other minor issues.

Finally got the brakes done (waited for parts), new tires installed, and the starter replaced today so I was able to take the beast for a rip around town.

Woohoo!!!!! :D

The last time I drove this truck was in 1986. What a blast getting behind the wheel again! With new radials :)eek: Hey...it's traditional 70's. :rolleyes:) it drives and handles 100% better than it did in the past. No more unplanned lane changes and the ride is much smoother. All that I have left to do is install the front bumper, then drive the wheels off it.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics while I was moving, but I did snap a couple of it parked on the street in front of the house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ratster

ratster

still looks good, have fun!!!

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

I've been following your posts on this truck. Super cool truck. I know alot of people knock 70's stuff but it's what I grew up on and I can't help but like it.

I wouldn't mess with it much.

4. Fogger

Fogger

Thats one fine little truck. Good work, and enjoy the many miles to come. The FOGGER

5. Terry

Terry

Very Very cool! I dig your truck more each time I see it!

6. cool truck man , congrats on the first cruise..

7. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

WOW, nice little truck. We have a '29 Essex Coupe with R.S. that we are working on. Going to be a rat style. Got an inline 6 230 engine and (hopefully) a T-5 tranny. Front section is a Model A frame up to cowl and then 2 x 4 tubing to rear. Work in progress! Perley

8. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Dang...forgot I posted this thread!
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. This coming Sunday (18th) we're taking it for a 350-mile round trip cruise. Hopefully we won't encounter any major issues. :D

9. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

Neat looking ride!