Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can a HAMB er in the philly area help my girlfriend and i out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, May 4, 2008.

1. Diamond49

Diamond49

BTTT, Prom is getting close. please... someone step up, I too live too far

2. btt-gotta be some one who can help!!

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

to the top,,
    sorry guys,,,,,just trying to help the kid have a memorable prom,,,
    i told him i was sure a hamber would help us out,,

i will pay for gas and your time (we'll even feed you)

jim

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I can't friggin believe nobody has stepped up for this. My 55 would eat me outta house and home to drive it 500 miles round trip but I'm about to say screw it . Hell I haven't even taken it anywhere this year yet and not even sure it would make it. COME ON PEOPLE help the guy out. I thought this one of the things we do!!!

5. Mopar34

Mopar34

Just saw this post today which is a shame. I did this for my daughter at her junior and senior proms and the proms of two of her friends at different schools. Normally I would have the 57 Olds available but just started some long needed engine work this past week. Otherwise I would volunteer just for gas reimbursement (car gets 6 mpg):eek:

I hope you can get someone to do it. I do know a guy who owns a stretched 32 Ford (read limo) that does do this kind of stuff for proms and weddings. He is out of the Baltimore area. I don't don't know his price since I have never used the service, but if you want I can get you his telephone number if you PM me. I can probably get a picture of the car if you want to see it.

6. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Sure thing, I'm not sure if Joe is home or not. I'll aim my way over there at some point.

7. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

Shame it's so far away from Kingsville, MD. A friend down here has a stretched '27 Ford sedan that he does limo stuff with. It is an absolutley cool ride, and even has the flower vases on both sides on the inside. Best wishes!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That reminded me of the Seinfield episode where Kramer feed the horse beef-o-roni right before he took George's in-laws on a carriage ride through the park.:D

9. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

bttt...

I would do it as would a number of my friends, but Idaho to Penn, bit far...

10. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

how about getting the local police to take them to the prom with Lights blazing?

11. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

If all else fails- Go punk! and show up on skateboards.

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Haha nah, they want to go Rockabilly style. Show up in someone else's old car. :D

13. 41CADDYWIDOW

41CADDYWIDOW

Kids have shown up in police cars, firetrucks, dump trucks and such. Its pretty amazing. I sent Jim ( kustom7777) info on building a rickshaw, we're getting desperate here

14. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

"City of brotherly love" indeed. For shame. Jim, to make a memorable prom, get the kid a bootle of booze and a hotel room. Kidding! Only kidding!

15. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

16. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

really no body in the Philly area able to help out a H.A.M.B.er?:(

17. maybe they should reschedule the prom untill after the jalopy showdown:confused:

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like that Ocean City gig is drawing some cars to the east coast same weekend. It is a bummer for the kids that those with running, driving cars will be out of town at events that weekend.

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

How 'bout showin' up on a minibike. Remember Dumb and Dumber? He could drive with his tux on and she could be strapped on with her prom dress. What do ya think?

20. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Shit, I didn't even go to the prom. Now that I think about it I didn't go to graduation either, but I did pick up my diploma about a year later.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A whole city and no one can help? Crazy!
    Even know things like proms just dont happen here in Australia (Or never where I have lived) and I dont realy understand them someone has to step up for this!

22. Me too on both. I had a lot of fun in high school but skipped all the "Official" shindigs. Didn't go to the 10th ot 20th reunions, either. But if I had a cool car to show up in, it may have been different.

23. so your gonna ride your mini bike up from texas???

24. i think the main prob here is the jalopy showdown happenin on saturday which has every rod around here tied up. i don't have anything kool in vehicular form to offer, but i will do 5 printed shirts (see thumbnail)of anyones ride who will step up and give a kool lift to these folks prom, just need a picture sent to me

Attached Files:

25. 41CADDYWIDOW

41CADDYWIDOW

Wow ! This is really nice of you to do. I appreciate it , a lot. I know my son will too ! Thank you,
    Linda
    PS Nice work on the shirt !

26. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I'll go aong with HIMJIVELY and try to bribe someone into it,
    I'LL give fifty bucks on top of himjively shirts......
    I know its been said before, I too wish I was closer,I would do it in a minute,
    BUT from Benson N.C. Its just out of the question for me!
    Its a damn SHAME someone can't help these's folks out with this problem..
    I was thinking that hotrodder's helped each other with problems?
    MAYBE I WAS WRONG!

28. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

ttt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and thanks VERY much to the two hambers that offered the shirts and the $$,,,

it is really appreciated by my girlfriend and i