Register now to get rid of these ads!

A hot rod in Iron Man !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4bangerNick, May 2, 2008.

1. oldsman71

oldsman71

I liked the hot rod,I havent got to own a flathead yet.

2. anyone ever seen a finned firewall like that? the car was to much to look at in the short amount of time they showed it but it seemed like everytime they did you saw something very cool each time.

3. matthewsuckerpunch

matthewsuckerpunch
    from Austin TX

since this thread is all over the place... and i know im not the only nerd here, 2 face is in the dark knight movie... just thought id throw that out there.

4. Slate

Slate

Movie was badass! The Hot Rod scenes were cool. I thought he was going to take the hot rod out to the fund raiser instead of the Audi (sponsor $$ I suppose). Great acting and directing by Downey, Paltrow and Favreau. Paltrow came off really cute/hot in this one!

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

saw it. LOVED it. going to see it AGAIN! that carage is THE SHIT!. loved all the cars in there too. some killer bikes, and S7 and R8 and the token Cobra. LOL at least they used a metal repop and not a fiberglass one like i've seen in other movies... seems they went the extra mile in this movie to make the car stuff accurate.

6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I saw the movie, Its great! That car is awesome as well. But they don't drive it:(

7. Conder

Conder

For me, the greatest comics were Ghost Rider and Iron Man. The Ghost Rider movie was hokey crap. Which was too bad, they could've KILLED on that one.

All I've seen of the Iron Man movie is the "teaser trailer" on the website, and by the time Iron Man broke the sound barrier at the end I was laughing like an idiot! !@#$ing BAD! I can't wait to see it.

8. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i was watching the new Indiana jones clip and they have a shoebox ford for a military staff car.

9. DocsMachine

DocsMachine
    from Alaska

-Anybody notice that when the Cobra got smashed, it didn't break- it bent?

In other words, it wasn't fiberglass...!

Not that I think they squashed the "real thing", I just think it's cool they showed that kind of detail- a billionaire car nut isn't gonna have a fiberglass replica, he'd have the real thing, which would have a metal body.

Doc.

10. premium

premium
    from Goergia

um yeah this shit was money took my lil brother to see it!. holy balls. by far the best comic to movie done!... nothing cheesy nuthn hokey, GREAT FLICK FAVEROU is the fuggn man..YEAH!!

11. premium

premium
    from Goergia

yeah no shit. paltrow isnt useually on my radar, a lil on the mousey, wierd lookn women side..on this though, she spiked my interest..:p

12. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Loved the movie. My 7 yr old son and I both loved the roadster. It was cool knowing we had our own hotrod sitting in the garage at home.

Lookin' forward to Indiana!

13. AND a Roadster...AND a vintage motorcycle!!!!!!

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Me and the wife went and saw it Thursday. Both of us really liked it and she usually doesnt like movies like this. I hope there will be more.

15. so does anyone know for sure that it is jon's car? the movie was incredible, loved every second of it. who did the striping on that car? ive got to know.

16. a few months ago i went to my buddys interior guy to get a quote on my cadillac, in the driveway that roadster was parked getting a fresh red interior. its a great looking, well built, vintage parts having roadster. we asked the interior guy whos it was and he said "its going to be in some movie, but the director of the car bought it and wants a new interior in it". so yes, i believe its jon's car. i really did like the movie, the only shitty part is some guy had some kind of medical emergency (stroke, heart attack, seizure) right in the middle. 45 minutes later they started the movie again (WOOOO HOOO 2 free passes to see indy

as far as indiana jones is concerned - im still pissed about my 50 buick. when i dropped my car off i saw several of the olive drab painted shoeboxes, as well as the roadster, motorcycles, 49 chevy, and 51 buicks. tons of big army trucks, and some other stuff that we will see in the movie.

and one final thought, in that preview did anyone else catch the radial tire on the shoebox? the movie is set in the 50s.

indy better be a good movie, rest in pieces 50 buick.

17. Conder

Conder

My wife and I saw Iron Man on Friday and it was incredible. I have to say though, the one thing that bugged me about it was the music...The bulk of sound for the film itself was fantastic... My ribcage rattled every time those monsters took a step and it would've been great if the soundtrack boomed just as hard. This movie was good enough to match AC/DC and Black Sabbath. It was kind of lame when "Back in Black" sounded like the corner market ads the theater plays before the previews.

For me, blasting the stereo in my shop and in the hot rod is like a stiff shot of nitrous, the right film (like this one) could be supercharged by thundering music! Remember Milner, Falfa and Green Onions...Don't hold back Favreau, hit us with EVERYTHING you've got next time!

18. rubba

rubba

The thing that most caught my eye when I saw the car in Iron Man was the finned firewall. I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!