Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drug my new toy home today, 51 Stude PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, May 3, 2008.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Since I'll be retired after next week I figured I better stock up on projects. Picked up this rust free Stude Pickup to add to the toy collection. Now if I can just talk the guy down the road into coming down on his 65 buick wildcat with a 401 nailhead to where I can afford it I'll make a beast out of this one. Well I better run. Got some haggling to do!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks great and in decent shape , good luck with the haggling!

3. ...must be nice; retiring, findin such a nice Stude, and maybe installin a Buick nailhead in it! ...jus' kiddin', nice truck; I've always liked them. Good luck with your retirement and your new project.

4. very nice,thats one of my favorite truck body styles

5. Budro35

Budro35

Well I will keep my eyes peeled :eek: at tomorrows swap meet here in town and see if I can find ya some goodies for the Stude. I'll call ya if I stumble across anything hoping I can return the favor. Now this is what it's all about.............:D Oh by the way nice Stude, glad ya bought it!;)

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'll be out there tomorrow taking inventory of parts needed. If you find anything, you got my number! Door glass has been taken out and after a quick look determined one vent window is missing. Dont know right now which one is missing but I'll check it out tomorrow. All of the glass on the truck is in great shape. Hardly any discoloration or bubbling of the lamination. Just around the very edges.

7. I'm breaking that covet commandment. Gotta get one someday.

That's a nice looking 2R5. Keep us up-to-date on your time with it.

8. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Nice R-series.
    What kind of taillights you got on there?

9. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

man what a clean lookin truck and FREE man thats the best of both worlds

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

As far as I know their the originals. One lense is missing and the other is pretty much toast. Nees some replacements. Ive sees one with tear drops installed that looked pretty good.

11. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

She's a beaut! I've always really liked the old Stude trucks. There's one around here at a salvage yard that I always longingly look at when I'm there.
    They have a really good look about them. Plus you just don't see them that often- kinda neat. I just got rid of my 50 Dodge truck (also had the uncommon factor) but I still have a 55 F100 (absolutely common). I miss going to shows and not seeing another one just like the one you're in. You should be able to enjoy that in a Stude.
    I'd love to find one some day. My grandfather worked in the factory years ago so I've got kind of soft spot for Studebakers.

I'll have to find the pictures of that one from the 'yard.

Jay

12. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I found the picture- she's a bit rougher than I remembered (or maybe there was another one out there I'm thinking of) but still "Stude-a-licious"!

[​IMG]

Jay

13. That will make a nice beast. Congrats on retirement, I got 10 more to go!!:eek:

14. Really, really nice. Congrats on the retirement!

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

great score looks like its a good project , to work on

16. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Here's a look at a stock R-series bed & tailigate.
    Good luck with it!

http://www.pbase.com/redtop/image/18590951

17. Mudville

Mudville

Nice truck there LoBucRod. I met you at Pate and know you're ready for retirement. I retired four years again from the local Fire Dept. and have enjoyed every minute of it. I since have gone back to work (part time) to help pay for the finish on my 51 Fleetline. And like you already thinking about another project, a 36 Chevy pick-up that a buddy has already done major work on. Good luck on your retirement!!!

18. Tritone

Tritone

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

No I didnt. I just now getting started gathering info on this one. I will definately check it out. Thanks for the link!