Register now to get rid of these ads!

So...why is it Rod AND Custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UnIOnViLLEHauNT, May 2, 2008.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow

Just ask yourself: What two car build styles look so cool parked next to each other?

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

There's no reason that a Custom can't have a little Hot Rod under the hood...

[​IMG]

Jag suspension front and rear and a '65 Dual Quad 425... don't let the outside fool ya...

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Ha, I was talking about this topic last nite w/ friends...that seemed to be the resounding answer, it was just to include a bigger target group marketing wise. Its amazing how far that one marketing idea has gone, and what an impact it has had.

4. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

I like them both. Most people think of rod as this:
    [​IMG]

and then custom as something like this:
    [​IMG]

which i'm pretty sure most on here can see the difference. In my opinion I say you can have the best of both worlds. You could have what appears to be a low and slow sled but runs like a raped date like the 41 did/does. When my dad first put it together he was runnin a pretty built 327 and a 4 speed. this time around its got a pretty beefy 400 small block auto trans and a 411 posi out back. alot of guys usually wont combine the two but i think its cool to have a sled that can haul ass just like a hot rod in my opinion.

5. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

I really don't understand the question....;) But I don't understand anyone who isn't a car nut either.

I have a chopped '51 lincoln with a hemi and a chopped T coupe with a done sbc in the garage.....I prefer "rod and custom" it saves me from buying two mags. There goes the capatilist idea.