Register now to get rid of these ads!

A hot rod in Iron Man !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4bangerNick, May 2, 2008.

1. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

Now I wanna see this Movie! lol! :D

[​IMG]

2. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

But , dang the garage is too clean!! Well he's rich.probably got ,maids to clean up after him.:D

3. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Hmmm, I wasn't interested in that movie either. Maybe I'll watch it now.

Kinda like that "Chick Flick" called I.Q., there are a few cool cars in there and an actual chop shop! If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself!

4. TwistedShifter

TwistedShifter
    BANNED
    from NorCal

I'm seeing it tonight... I think it'll be entertaining if you take it for what it is. Besides, as a kid Ironman was always my favorite comic book hero...

5. Gigantor

Gigantor

I'd think that a self-made mechanical monstrosity like Iron Man, who suffered throuh decades of alcoholism and drug abuse through the 70's and 80's, womanized like no other and liked things that made fire and went REALLY fast would appeal to your typical hot rodder. Huh. Maybe it's just me.

6. Merc63

Merc63

7. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

Yeah thats high... most comic movies suck. Well I do like Frank miller stuff, diaolouge sound stiff but sounds as if you are reading a comic which is pretty cool.Gives it a unique style, not all cookie cutter hollywood comic movie...cant wait for Will Eisner's "Spirit" next year. 1940's comic, supposed to be in black and white.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Wow, that rules. I can't wait!!

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it's jon favreau's car. he directed it, and plays a role too. i'll be seeing it sunday with my daughter.

rumor is that jon is on here sometimes too...

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I've read a couple of reviews and they all said this is a really good movie. I've wanted to see it... now with the hot rod element... I really want to see it.
    <object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMmHX3WENHY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

11. I wonder if Paltrow will unleash the twins?

12. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

Never had a chick wearing a business suit in my garage?

13. Elrod

Elrod

Pic a little bigger

[​IMG]

14. Anderson

Anderson

A hot rod with a flatty no less. Looks like some chocolate milk in the drain pan. Blew a head gasket....you'd think a guy who can build a rocket suit would at least step up to a small block :D

15. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

I did and she arrested me!:eek: Anyway, I also heard the flick was A+.

16. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

pic even bigger...

[​IMG]

17. Adam D.

Adam D.

saw it last night and its SICK. tons of scenes with the roadster in it. Plus get to see the trailers for the new hulk and batman movie!!!

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hmmm.... now I just may pony up the $50 it cost for two people to go see a movie nowadays.

Anybody gonna check out Speed Racer? One of my favorites growing up.

19. Looks like Tom Ottis' car, I was digging the Sabbath on the comercials but even more now seeing this.

20. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

Most definitely seeing this movie. Was gonna see it cuz I've always had a thing about the comic movies, but now that I know the roadster will be in it, most definitely will see the movie.

21. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I was gonna see it last night but didn't feel too well, now I kick myself in the ass! I'll get out to see it ASAP!

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Iron Man is/was my favorite superhero. I had inherited all his comics from my older cousin as a kid. (My Mom tossed them all my freshman year of college.) I always liked how Tony Stark created his own "super powers" from using his noggin, rather than some spider bite or being orphaned on a low g planet.

I am also a big fan of Mr Favreau. He does an excellent job on all his movies whether he's acting or directing (or producing). From D-bob to Swingers to Daniel Bateman to Elf and Zathura.

Top it off he dig's the HAMB and drives a '32 roadster. (I wonder what Tony Stark's HAMB name is? Bluto?)

I'm going to the 7pm showing.....

(I didn't come across as a stalker did I? LOL)

edit: saw the flick- it rules!!!!

23. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Wish I knew he was into hot rods when I met him! He was working on a movie about tennis at Wimbledon at the time. Not my cup of tea...
    (Super nice guy, BTW.)

[​IMG]

24. 53burb

53burb

Anyone notice at the start of the Sabbath video, Paul Shaffer????

25. 55_International

55_International
    from SLC, Utah

the movie was awesome. A coworker and I played hookie at lunch for a little longer than we should have to go see it. Worth the money. Great action scenes and the car is pretty sweet too. unfortunately, Gweneth doesn't release the twins.

26. Elrod

Elrod

He's a member here on the HAMB, but keeps a low profile...

27. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I saw the movie this afternoon...and as a long-time Iron Man fan (from the 70s to the 80s anyway!), I have to say it was GREAT! I can't imagine anyone playing the role any better than Downey Jr did, and Paltrow made a very hot Pepper Potts!

(I had forgotten about Pepper, actually...the one I remembered was Bethany Cabe. Oh well, maybe in the sequel?!)

The roadster was VERY cool, and although Stark and other characters tended to drive Audi automobiles most of the time, you see his roadster a lot in the shop and it's even on his desktop background on his work computer. In the scene pictured in this thread, he is pulling a head off the flattie to check a problem with low compression in one of the cylinders on that bank...it's a flathead all right!! Ha Ha!

I can't say enough about this movie as a whole, though! It was great right from the start with plenty of humor and action to boot! One of the best superhero movies to hit the screen yet!

(Ha Ha...funny that someone mentioned seeing previews for the new Hulk movie! I thought the last one was HORRIBLE, the WORST superhero movie ever made by a LONG shot...and now they're doing it over?! Ha Ha...maybe Banner will get a cool car, too?!)

:D:cool:

28. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

Hot Rod in indaiana jones as well!!!

[​IMG]

29. Adam D.

Adam D.

i was hopin someone would post that :D

only 20 more days till indie!!!