Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jeep from Lyons,mid 60's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Does anybody remember the Jeep that ran at Lions in the 60's? The front was stretched ,no windshield and it looked like a Funny Car. I'll never forget that car cause the guy driving looked like a lion,with the mask they used to wear that had lines on each side of his nose. I'm sure one of you guys should remember it.
    Just realized I spelled Lions wrong,DUH!!!!

2. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=468 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Jeep [/FONT]

3. 47bob

47bob

Yep it was called "THE WAR WAGON" was a funny car and about as aerodynamic as a brick but it had style.

4. WOW! That's it! Wish someone had a front shot of the driver. That sure brings back memories,thanks.....
    Don't think the second pic is it. That looks like from the 70's.

5. fanspete

fanspete

Bob, go to 'wediditforlove.com', killer site. Don Ewald runs it. I get wood with every visit! I remember seeing some shots of the Jeep there.

6. That's my ol' Pal Ed Lenarth. He is currently campaining a Jeep N/FC. Cool ol' coot.

7. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

There were actually a few. One was done grey (sort of Navy colors), one had a later Jeep body ("Holy Toledo"). Wild days.....