Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodyear Bluestreak Slicks Needed for AWM Resto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Apr 24, 2008.

1. stan292

stan292

Gang -

I got word last evening that legendary drag racer and engine builder Gene Adams is very close to finishing the restoration of one of the baddest ever top fuel cars from back in the day.

Its the awesome Adams, Warye, and Mulligan digger that reigned supreme on the West coast scene in '66/'67. This was Mulligan's last ride before teaming up with Tim Beebe in the green and gold "Fighting Irish" car that took them to the top.

Apparently, the only item(s) yet missing for the resto are a pair of 16" x 11" Goodyear Bluestreak slicks. Seems like there was a set for sale here a few months back. Anyone got info on them, or know of any others? If so, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with Mr. Adams.

Meanwhile, here a a couple shots of that bad boy - AKA "The King of Garden Grove".

Thanks -

Attached Files:

2. stan292

stan292

BTTT.

Anyone?

3. joebuick

joebuick

love those old diggers wish i could help you out. ill keep my eyes peeled at the local swaps

4. When we restored the 1965 shelby we chased down a set of five road racing streaks I'll get with cats we bought those from and see if they have any>>>>.

5. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

you can have the blue lines put on by some company back east if you really had to.

6. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Check your PM's

7. stan292

stan292

Thanks everyone.

Looks like Chuck (boogeracng) might have what they're looking for, but please keep on keeping on if you're on a hot trail. If anyone else has a lead - please go ahead and let me know.

Back to the top one more time, just in case.