Register now to get rid of these ads!

Procrastinator from Texas.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Caddy-O, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Been on the board two years and never did an intro. Procrastination got the best of me. Anyway, I live in Amarillo, Tx with my wife of 20 years and my 11 year old daughter. I've been into cars all my life, although, my first vintage ride was a '58 Chevy Fleetside Apache. I bought it from a mechanic who had restored the truck and accidentally crashed it into a telephone phone during an ice storm. I drove it around town all summer before I ran into a friends dad who owned a local body shop. When I asked him how much it would take to fix the frontend he said "no charge, just come by the shop Monday morning." When I got there he said that the only catch was that I was going to have to fix the truck myself and he was going to show me how. So, I spent the next 3 months and many hours learning the trade from one of the best in this area. This was probably one of the most significant scores in my life. After the Apache, I picked up another wrecked- restored pick-up (51 Ford) and took up where I left off at his shop. I'm fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time because he was at the end of his career and I guess he just wanted to pass on his knowledge to someone who would value it. And that I did. I seriously don't think that I could pursue and stay active in this hobby the way that I do unless I had learned those skills from him. Enough nostalgia.
    Eighteen years later I have evolved into '49- '60 Cadillacs. Over the past year I have been working on my 60 Coupe de Ville that I hope will be finished soon. I'm always on the look out for Cadillac parts...and if anyone is looking for something for their Cad... PM me anytime, because I usually keep quite a bit of stuff around.

2. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Welcome from Ky, neat story, sometimes things happen for a reason.

3. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome to the HAMB from CORSICANA !

4. dgang26

dgang26

Welcome from Austin - - glad to have you with us!

5. 34underglas

34underglas

Howdy Neighbor!!!
    I'm in Amarillo too!!
    I'd love to see your rides

Vance

6. J3W3L$

J3W3L$

wwaazuupp! let's see some pic's.

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

any pics? everyone loves caddy's, welcome from ct

8. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome from wellington

9. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll take a few pix of the 60 this weekend and get them posted.

10. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Was gonna welcome you sooner but you know how us procrastinators have to stick together...

11. welcome from misslippy..

12. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from GA!

13. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

welcome aboard dude

14. 67stangbanger

67stangbanger
    from Texas

Too bad no parts are left out at Cadillac Ranch! Born in Amarillo,lived in Texas my whole life. Don't miss the snow and ice at all. Moved to So. Tx where I can drive the beaters almost year-round!

15. Old Bowtie

Old Bowtie
    from South,TX

I have a 59 Apache fleet side myself that is a work in procrastinator progress.
    welcome to the board from south TEXAS!
    Good luck with your ride.