Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wilcap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuhemida, Apr 22, 2008.

1. cuhemida

cuhemida

can anyone trll me why i can't get wilcap to pick up the phone always go's to voice mail i have ordered and payed for parts and can't find anyone there WHY

Tom

2. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

Maybe they have caller ID.

3. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

They've always treated me well. Pat's a busy guy, but the quality is worth a little extra wait.

4. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

LOL.....sorry that cracked me up, anyway Pat will come through, I have only had good experiences with him, leave him a message and ask for a rough time frame for delivery.

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Pat treated me very well and did normally answer the phone when I called a couple years back. He pretty much did what he said he was going to do for me and the parts I got were what I was expecting and were nice. Not the fastest, but that is a typical part of hot rodding and putting doing it right over doing it the fastest. Keep trying and leave a message of course. Try e-mail too obviously. He has a small business and as such sometimes it is hard to just answer the phone all the time, e-mail left and right and still get actual work done too and on time and on top of that still have some kind of life left over.

6. Pat has done some work for me and he always delivers top quality work - though it may take a bit more time than you'd like. He customized his NC code programs for his early Hemi to GM trans adapter -- to fit the profile of my Sonic bell housing. He did a great job at more than a fair price. He is a bit hard to get in touch with -- leave a message and drop him an eMail.

You'll like his work . . .

Dale

7. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Pat helped me with my Olds project. A little slow, yep. Good qualty and fair price, yes. As others have stated his work is top notch and I would definately do business with him again.

8. Big Z

Big Z

I got my plate in a week. Pat's awesome. Bare with him. Like they said he's busy.

9. no55mad

no55mad

His shop is a short distance from where I live. I've stopped there and he was very helpful and informative. He gets lots of company. I'm sure he will come through.

10. starchief1959

starchief1959

Ordered up a kit last year for the '59 and though it took a while to get, it was definitely worth the wait. This is one of those situations where patience is definitely worth the wait.

11. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

I have to agree with the rest. Pat seems to always be working on something. Just got a adapter for my Hemi from him. Took awhile, had to play phone tag a few times but the quality of work was well worth the wait. If you have trouble or questions with his products he is more than willing to help you out. Hell of a nice guy. Shoot him an email, he'll answer it. Good luck, Flatheaded

12. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Pats the shit. Hooked me up a deal on my hemi to cad lasalle adapter. I believe he teaches shop up there so I'm sure that is where a large amount of his efforts go to.

13. eddie1

eddie1

I repeat what has already been said. Pat has always been helpful &
    does great work. Don't worry he will look after you!

14. 1955hemi

1955hemi

Pat is a super neat guy. When I was having trouble with adapting my '55 DeSoto hemi to a Saginaw 4 speed he even came over to my house to help out. Later he put together an adapter, flywheel, and starter for my '52 Cad engine to a T-5. He is teaching Automotive Technology full time at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria in order to get benefits for himself and his family, while continuing to run Wilcap. Cut the guy a little slack and he'll gitter done for you.

15. Weasel

Weasel

As others have said - be patient. Pat is indeed a good guy and straight up to boot. Is your part custom?

He does great work but does take time - be grateful,because he takes the time to insure the parts actually do fit, and that seems to be a novel concept and rare commodity in today's world.

If all else fails, how about investing 0.41c in USPS?

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Like Dale said....great work and pretty much a one man band.

Stand up guy.

17. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

Well unlike everyone else I had a bad experience with Wilcap. Two to be exact. I asked them for an adapter for my lincoln motor and after 8 weeks they had no clue where my order was and had obviously not even started. That's unacceptable.

I tried to get an adapter from another source....low and behold...they get their adapters from Wilcap. As you might have guessed after 8, 15, 20 weeks no adapter. I still don't have one and my only option is to pay double at Bendtson's. That's probably why they're double in price. They actually follow through.

I'll never use em. There's no excuse for shitty service.

Nick

18. Weasel

Weasel

Sounds like you need to plan ahead and be prepared to wait for quality work. Did you ask how long it would take to get your part? Did you ask if it is a stock item?

As many have said, Pat is a straight up guy.

I guess you belong to the "Instant gratification 1-800 dial a part generation".

19. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

No....I assumed that when I was told 4 or 5 weeks, 8 weeks was plenty. Guess I should have just kept waiting. I don't care how long it takes, but don't tell me something and then ooops we lost your order. Yeah...guess it's my fault. FOAD

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just one more positive comment from me!! I have nothing but great things to say about that guy!! Pat has been extremely helpful and has helped me with some very unique applications. He's easy to talk with and is totally a straight shooter. It took awhile to get my Hemi adapter, but he told me ahead of time how busy he is and he even called me personally to tell me that my stuff was going to ship. He's ALWAYS busy! He's the best in my opinion though. Just bare with him.

He and his products are worth being patient for! He's just very busy!

21. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

I had good luck with them.. bought an Olds to chevy adapter, good service...

22. Nick,

Sorry that you had trouble with Wilcap....not the norm from what I hear. I have heard a lot of horror stories about Bendtsen's & know of one first hand, so give yourself some leeway in time with them too....more on the install side rather than the waiting-to-receive side, if that makes sense. They have been said to have some fit issues with certain adapters.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is "FOAD"?

24. llonning

llonning

F*** off and die

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow... That's pleasent.

Guess I'm behind on the acronyms...

26. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

It was a surprise to me as well. I did some HAMB research and found threads like this...all positive. Guess I caught them at a bad a time. Thanks for the heads-up on Bendtsen's. That makes me even more hesitant to pull the trigger on a $1k adapter from them. It's hard to swallow when I paid nearly that for the car!

27. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

About as pleasant as the attitude that was originally received.

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Not sure why you're having a poor experience, but at any rate, here is another +1 for Pat.

29. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotcha...

Any chance you would give Pat a second try or is the relationship bunk now?? Even after a year I think I would still go with him. That's just me though. Must have just had one of those one in a million deals. Sorry to hear of your experience. He really is a rad guy and sells a fabulous product. Top quality and well engineered. He's a supporter of the HAMB as well.

Hope you get it worked out.

30. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I tried to get him to make the adapter,and got strung along.
    Finally got a NO go on it.
    Lincoln motor right?

I sell quite a few of his adapters,
    But sometimes things don't work out.
    It's happened before..

I'm waiting on a custom one now......
    I like the guy,but sometimes the waiting just kills me (or the order)
    Top notch products for sure.