Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models 04 - 20

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zed, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Here is something i've just finished painting...

I don't like the goofy body on Revell's merc, but i had to buy one to steal the poncho grille ! then i though it would be nice to try flames on it because 1-because it had no putty on it and can be striped without crying, and 2-lotsa flames were the only way i see to destract the eyes from that ugly chop and shape.... and it works ! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Man, you got that right. I thought I was the only one that thought the proportions are way off on the Revell Merc. The AMT Merc still looks better in my opinion.

3. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

nice work, cant wait to see more models

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here are some projects. The pics were taken last winter. The 58 truck and A coupe have more progress since the pics It had steelies and now I think five spokes with black spokes and satin rim. The 58 wagon is still sitting and the 60 truck was just a mock-up to mess with a buddy.:p

Attached Files:

5. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This should be finished by tonight.. click pictures!

Excellent flames Zed!

6. olskool_37

olskool_37
    from Michigan

Here are a few that I just finished up recently. The 55 is modeled after the car I am getting ready to build and the coupe is what it is. It is a die cast with a molded in firewall and rear wheel wells. It is sitting on handmade aluminum rails. Nothing special but it did keep me busy during the winter months. I apologize for the bad pics it is the best I could do.

Attached Files:

7. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

well didnt see anyone else post so i will post one my son is working on. Well its amts51 fleetline with the i beam axel from the 55 nomad kit and the spring from revells 29 ford kit. Plans for it are candy paint whitewalls and a six. Whatcha think?

Attached Files:

8. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i've been working on this big T for about a year on and off

[​IMG]
    i just got resin finned corvette valve covers, i need to flatten the bottom of them, then glue them on in place of these kit ones.
    [​IMG]

9. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Did you make it to masscar?

10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SWEET!

11. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

sure did, had the '55 chevy parked out front, did you make it?

12. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

thanks!

13. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I did not! i was bummed.. but next year il be there for sure, i should have my diorama done by then also.

14. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i've got pics from the show but i'm too tired to post them now, maybe tomorrow

15. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Nice job on the flames, Zed! I'm still working on my '32 roadster, I went to a model show this past weekend and picked out my next 2 projects, then I spent the rest of the evening stripping paint and prepping the body for new paint. Quick question for you more experienced builders out there, how do you deal with chrome pieces that need to be touched up after sanding off the nubs?

16. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

You can touch them up with model master paint, they make a sliver chrome, fine for small tiny touchups http://www.ehobbies.com/tes1790.html . You can use Bare Metal Foil also http://www.bare-metal.com/

There are a few other ways also, but those require airbrush, the ones mentioned above are fairly easy.

You can get the foil at hobby shops, i suggest getting the basic chrome foil, its the thickest and wont tear as easily as ultra brite.

17. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Do you BMF the whole part, or just the area that's necessary?

18. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Thanks for the kinda words guys ! :D

Great work everybody ! ....'Mo, ya kill me ! it looks as nice as the real one ! :cool:

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

Very cool...looks like "BadBobs" merc...betcha he wants to add it to his collection...:)

20. The_Monster

The_Monster

****** VINTAGE MODELS ******

I just looked through my dads old models in his attic. He was a big model builder and has BOXES of old models built back in the day. He kept most all of his models hes built since he was in grade school!! :eek:
    He hooked my brother and I onto building car models and the bug was set!

Anyways, he was never one to build a kit stock. It was always customized. Here are a few I chose from his collection to show with all of you.

Keep in mind, my dad was a poor kid, and these were all built in the 50's when everyone was trying new customizing ideas. Im sure the modelers here will appreciate them, enjoy! :cool:

1932 Ford Jalopy built in early 1955
    Began as a hard plastic 'hotrod' toy with no interior. Added balsa wood body pan and seat. Golf tee steering wheel. Brush painted with fingernail polish. Chopped and channeled. Bent nail front nerf bar, and side exhaust and radiator brace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1956 Lincoln Continental built in 1957
    Began as a plastic 1/32 model car kit. Chopped and sectioned body. Rear bumper is a paper clip. Molded fenders with relocated head and tail lights. Hood and fender skirts made of flattened empty model glue tubes (lead sheet?). Exhaust of solid metal rod. Brush painted yellow and black with 40's scallops. Stock continental engine and hubcaps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1955 Mercury built in 1957
    Began as a plastic 1/32 model car kit. Chopped and dropped in front. Grille made from a screen window screen. Rear bumper is a clip from a girls hair barrette. Taillights mounted upside down. Cadillac engine. Brush painted gray with green scallops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1955 Ford Convertible built in 1957
    Began as a plastic 1/32 model car kit. Pancake hood (not shown). Chopped steering wheel. Tonneau cover covered with cigarette package foil. Custom flipper hubcaps by gluing scrap plastic bar. Grille filled with chrome louvers from other kits. Windsheild frame removed, dash molded to cowl. Molded rear pan. Custom taillights were side mirrors. Brush painted blue that was mixed with silver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

21. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

That's so cool that you found your Dad's old models, I would display them with pride! The '55 Ford convertible is my favorite, but that jalopy is really slick too.

22. I totally agree. Very cool! My old man made the mistake of giving me his when I was still way to young. I just thrashed on them 'cause I thought they were toys. Wish I had them now though...

23. The_Monster

The_Monster

thanks guys, im looking on craigs today for some book shelves, Ill look into a display case as well!
    Ill try and share some every model time once I go back to his house and take more pics.

24. DAMN RIGHT!!! You want to sell it Zed? I like it lots!!!!!!!

25. rocketrider

rocketrider
    from Moline, IL

Here is my contribution for this week (not that I have posted much in the past).

When done it will be sitting in a "Backyard" diorama. I plan to enter it in a model car contest at our local Cruse-In in June.
    [​IMG]

Glen

26. TheGrumpy1

TheGrumpy1

me and my buddy Pete were at the show we saw your '55 parked out front heard you were lookin' for a pair of vise grips what was that all about?

27. Psycho Kustoms

Psycho Kustoms

Yup,TheGrumpy1 and I were there,here are some pics for you guys that didnt get to be there...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]