Register now to get rid of these ads!

She wants to ride in it from the wedding......

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by motorbreath53, Apr 20, 2008.

1. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

How goes it?

Name is Danny, I'm a brand new Paramedic in San Diego looking for a Fire Department to call home.

I've been playing with bikes, go-carts, cars in some form or another since I was about 13. Most recently it has been my go-fast 5-0 Mustang (should be good for 12.50's when the tune is finished) as well as my desert only baja bug that is bascially full tube chassis.

I just asked the cute red-head that has been at my side for 3 years to stick it out for the long run and got the big thumbs up. However, she has requested that my 53' pickup be used to transport us from the cerimony to the reception...

Now, i'm all for the idea, but the truck is in about as many pieces as possible. I only have one usable bed rail,no good rear fenders, and will most likely have to borrow a trans from my good friend..... OH! and I am about to chop my first top....:eek:

And so the story begins friends. Comments/Help/Critiques are welcome and requested. I'll be posting pics and questions as they come.

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

congratulations! now get to wrenching! how long before the wedding?

3. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Welcome from Ky, congratulations on the upcoming wedding, and oh yea, better get your young ass to work! :D You'll learn soon my friend.

4. congrats man , time to get busy on the truck!

5. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

Thanks for the congrats everyone...

I have at least a year from now to get it roadworthy.... and she has said that it need not be "done", just presentable....

...and lucky for me she will accept a fresh coat of flat black with some small stripe work as presentable, so long as its rolling on some wide whites.

I still want to at least limit the "for now" jobs though.
    I'm ok with using the "brand X" motor (I have 90% of it) and borrowed trans, but I really would rather do the mustang II/4 link rear with the air bags now.

I wish I would have known that having the truck done was going to be on the immediate to-do list.... then maybe I would have considered using Grandma's ring a bit harder........:rolleyes: