Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine builder - KC KS??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Apr 16, 2008.

1. Can anyone in the KC KS area recommend a good reliable engine builder, or maybe a shop which would already have 'long blocks' ready and on hand. Thank you, Carl Hagan

2. BTTT for the lunch hour? Anyone use any shops around here? I'd rather just pick up a long block than go thru the whole ordeal with a total rebuild on the engine I have. Thanks. Carl Hagan

3. raven

raven

Try K&M in Raytown.
    r

4. dusty

dusty

What engine are you talking about? Flatty, sbc..?

5. Yeah.....it's either small or big block Chevy. At this point, I dont really mind which one. SB would be easier, but....as long as the motor needs changed. Thanks guys. Carl Hagan

6. dusty

dusty

Theres a shop in Gladstone that used to be called Bills Performance. Dont know if the name has changed but it is one block east of North Oak Tfwy and 72nd street. Never had work done there but know some guys who swear by the place. Also heard of a shop downtown KC called L&N. No address or phone for you though.
    dusty

7. BTTT for a new crowd. Thank you. Carl Hagan

Does anyone know what happened to the speed shop behind Burger King on 75th & Metcalf?? He always had 5 or 6 engines on stands ready to go.

Anyone else?? Thank you, Carl Hagan

8. ks662

ks662

The place at 75th and metcalf is long gone,I live right next to it. The building is for sale though.