Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 2008 Lonestar Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2008.

1. jerry

jerry

Just got home at 7 tonite after driving a total of 2197+ miles, I'll be there again next year!

Look for a post tomorrow of the Sinners AZ trip home tomorrow. Just too damned tired to type it out tonite.

A very big thanks to all involved in making this the absolute car show I have ever been to on this planet!

So good to see all the friends from previous years and new friends met this year. can hardly wait to next year!

jerry

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Ryan and the rest of you HAMBers that made it to Austin, I am starting to crawl from the wreckage and get things back to normal and I just want to say thank you for making this show such a kick. The cars are the stars, but in addition to that, it is so great having all our buds come back to town and hang for the weekend. I never get to visit w/ everyone as much as I would like due to all the running around trying to make sure all are happy(we really do try to make it a pleasant time for everyone, sorry about some of y'all's experiences). We could not do this w/ out the HAMB's support and are truly appreciative. Also want to thanks all my Kontinental Bros and Fender Skirts sistas for all the help and support. You help make it seamless. Congrats Ryan on the Ganbino award and a big congratulation to Kevin Silva on the Kontinental Pick. See y'all down the road. My favorite part of the weekend was seeing James Burton play that tele and getting behind the wheel of my Merc for the first time in 9 years and driving it.

3. I'l add my thanks too to Ryan as always and all the HAMB folk - I met a few folks for the first time out there, as I was running around taking care of the show - its so cool to talk directly with folks when they are here and having a good time. What a great turnout and so many amazing rides - a couple of standout moments for me - getting back up to the Expo Center at 7am on Saturday and getting ready for the day, seeing the sun rise and the morning dew had frosted the Atomic Punk's bubble - it lit up like a lamp when the sun hit it - incredible sight. Watching my little 18mo old daughter walking around the car show for the first time and seeing her reaction standing between two of the Los Cochinos cars - she had the biggest smile looking at all that metalflake. She had started making engine noises everytime she saw a hot rod by the end of it - a chip off the old block. And a super shout out to Jimmy White and Curtis for getting my roadster chassis out to the show - its coming together great and I am so hyped on that car - next Round Up I'll be driving it out there.

To my partners El Jefe and Will - you guys are unbelievable - and all my Kontinental Bros and Fender Skirt sisters - thanks for all the help and support - its so much fun putting this deal on because of you guys.

More photos will be up soon on our end - looking forward to seeing yours and hearing your stories.

4. yblock292

yblock292

It was our third year, and was by far the best, its all most like home coming, we saw so many of our friends that we only get to see about once a year plus made alot of new ones! Even ended up with the 50 shoebox that was in the swap meet, planning on having her brought home next week! Thanks to all that worked so hard !!!!!!!!!!!! Great job done by all. See you all next year!

5. HotRod Mafia

HotRod Mafia
    from no where

Can't wait to get there some day

6. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Now THAT was a fuckin' CAR SHOW!

What fun, man! Me and my bud Travis did the 2200 mile spin in my F100 with some serious surgery coming and going, but what a blast! My eyes still burn from the sun, my lips are still cracked from the wind, my liver still hurts from the booze...

I shook Jimmy Vaughn's hand and thanked him for his Caddy... I became Jeff Myers' weekend-groupie after FINALLY seeing his Caddy in person (that car was easily 1/2 the reason I went)... I got to personally thank Ryan for the HAMB...I talked square lines and life philosophies with Skratch... I thanked Bass for his bad-ass coupe (that thing's idle sounds like the end of the fuckin' world!)... and I think I just might get my Chrysler featured in "Dice"... my head's one big, happy-ass mess!

A HUGE thank you to Steve and all the rest for putting this whole kick-ass weekend together! My vacation and money are already slated to be burned to fuel the trip back next year!!!

7. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

All I can say is GREAT SHOW! I will for sure be back next year

8. gonmad

gonmad

Awesome event/show again! I was not sure if I was going, due to my stepdad having heart surgery in Houston friday am. But he was ok and doing good, so we left for Austin about 4:00pm, (which took 2 hours to get out of Houston!). Drove thru Congress when we arrived and went to the hotel. Did the show Sat until about 4:15 and then went to Congress. Got a prime spot in front of Doc's (somehow!). Ate supper and had a couple drinks, talked and BS'ed. Then the wife got sick, and had to go back to the room, coming from both ends (I know, way too much info!). Ended up getting an ambulance ride to the hospital about 1:00 am, (while getting stuck in traffic for about 30 min!, oh and they about turned over the stretcher too!). Spent the night there and got a taxi back at 6:30am. They could not find anything other than maybe food posioining or ??. Went to bed and got back up at 8:30 am and drove home! GOOD TIMES!! LOL!
    But it was an awesome event and I will be back next year!
    Thanks to all that made it possible!

9. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I would also like to add a big thanks to the Kontinentals!! What an amazing show and amazing group of people. You know whats crazy, I have been to all the round-ups except the first one, and they are all brilliant and just seem to get better. I have always had the best time and met so many people. It seems I meet more people in Texas, then I ever have in California. A big tip of the hat to you guys!!
    Thanks Ryan and the Kontinentals and all the Texas guys!!
    Jimmy White
    P.s. Thanks everyone for supporting the shop, buying shirts and stopping by the booth and introducing yourselves.

10. HH Derrick

HH Derrick

That weekend will change a mans life

11. Thanks to all involved.My third and I had a great time!

12. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

All around kick ass weekend! I took a job traveling for a year, but made sure a return home for the Round Up was part of the deal. Smartest negotiation I ever made!
    Hell, my wife even tried to leave me, but came back so I could take her to the Round Up!
    I better go see if she's packing yet... :)

13. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

The roundup was a BLAST....Thanks to all..

Later-Eric

14. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I know some guys at NSRA. (they had an event in OK City same weekend) They were wondering if they might have lost some vendors and cars to the LSRU. I had to tell 'em it's a different planet, man. It's not better or worse or win/lose. It's just not on the same plane - ya' know? I'm not sure I can even understand it but the LS vibe is just...

You gotta be there, that's all. To paraphrase McQeen, "everything else is just waiting".

15. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs ryan for every thing still on the road will get yer trophy to ya asp and again i opolgize

16. Deadender60

Deadender60

I had a great time...
    I know I'll forgot someone but thanks to:
    Steve and the Kontinentals for working hard and a great event,
    Rod Powell & Lee Pratt for a great trip,
    Mr & Mrs Flat Top Bob for such great hospitality,
    The Canadians Norwell & Neil for putting up with me (snowbacks! haha),
    Jimmy V, Robin, Big Watcha, Greg, Juan (2), BenD, Franco, The Road Rockets, The Bean Bandits, Suzanne, BeatnikContinental, Wild Bill, Steve (at the door) etc...

-Juan
    (i'll post pics soon)

17. fasteddie

fasteddie
    from mass.

saw pictures of a 1932 ford school bus there anyone know who owns it?or how i may contact them ,maybe a hamber....
    thanks fasteddie

18. Elrod

Elrod

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am happy
    Thanks to El Jefe and the gang,,,,
    The Round Up IS the show to be at.

I'm tired.... but happy.

20. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Thanks to the Kontenials! We had a super good time, Look forward to next year. See ya at the River!!!:D

21. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

I showed my wife (who has to all the driving now because of my sight) the pictures "Thelma and Louise" posted last night and she wants us to get the '65 Galaxie I affectionately call "Moon Runner" ready for the drive next year, that's a show you just can't miss! I hope you guys won't throw rocks at me for having too new of a car:D:D:D

[​IMG]