Register now to get rid of these ads!

No title co.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cal-Vert_Kustom_Rats, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I Have nevered owned an Older Car and when i got my first one did'nt understand the whole NO TITLE bit. Well as most of you guys know to get a lost title for these old cars seems to be hopeless Well i have seen these No title places You know the ones that are in Alambama and a few other states, I guess my question is is How reliable are these places?? Has anyone ever used these guys. Or are they just a Crock..

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Never tried them, but I did find this info on another website:

"You can take the easy way out: buy a title. Ads in some rodding magazines advertise titles for sale. These titles are from cars that have been scrapped. You can get just about any year and make you want. I bought a 1923 Ford title for my bucket. Take it to the DMV and turn it in and get a Texas title in your name, just like you would if you had bought any car with an out-of-state title. You will have to declare how much you paid for the "car" you bought and pay the sales tax. I paid $125 for the old title and so that's what I said. I wouldn't venture the fact that all you bought was a title. I honestly don't know if this is exactly legal, but it is a common practice.
    And if your car is 25 or more years old, you can get an "antique" license plate. These are good for 5 years, cost only $50, and your car doesn't have to have safety inspections. Per the law, your antique car is only to be driven to/from a show, or to have work done. But I've never been stopped in 15 years, and you could always say you were going for an oil change or alignment, etc. "

The things you'll need to do it that way are form 130-U, form 131 and a bill of sale. That SHOULD get you a title. Wait a little while, then go in and get your tags. It's trying to do a title and registration at the same time that seems to raise the DMV flag. Good luck.

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I've used Broadway Titles 3 times

4. Thanks alot guys, I guess Ill try out Broadway Tiltes I have seen there ad a few times already. This has been most helpfull.

5. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

6. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I just go to the DMV with all of my VIN inspection paperwork. Works everytime.

7. Assdragger

Assdragger

??? Am I the only one that dosent get it?

8. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Me neither :confused:

9. WTF is he taking about...joe

[​IMG]

10. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

call 607-546-4086 guys name is Robert

in the last 6 months we have bought a two 27 T roadster titles, 29 model Pickup title, 31 model a sedan title, 41 chevy pickup title and getting ready to buy a 49 caddy title from him..... good guy very informative, and havent had a stitch of problems with his titles at the DMV

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hell I had no title for my 1928 Tudor..Granted this is Michigan and not Texas, I walked into the secretary of state told them I lost the title , showed them pictures of the car. told them what the vin. number was and how much it weighed 14 bucks later walked out with a temporary..10 days later I got a new michigan title in the mail...totally painless.

12. wtf! spammer? explain?:eek:

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

all i can think is that V8Bake put the wrong address up..cause thats got nothin' to do with this.^^^^^

14. Brandi

Brandi

I think he's talking about International Title Service.

15. sharpe427

sharpe427

Don not buy a titile from one car and paste it to yours...this is title washing! It is illegal in Texas. If you have a car in TX that does not have atitle, go to your local DMV and get the paperwork for a specially constructed automobile. They will issue the VIN and it is 100% legal and it will title the year of the car, such as "1928 SCV, VIN 12345678901234567. It is the same way guys here get their component cars registered as 1965's or such. I do not know of Broadway, but another service, Titles Unlimited, was prosecuted and convicted of assisting in tax evasion by selling titles this way. And CA, is filing cases against OWNERS who bought the cars for tax evasion as well. Google Robert Morgester or Titles Unlimited to see what I mean. It aint worth doing any way but straight up, IMHO.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

that makes sense..

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Becareful if you end up buying a title/registration/whatever a state calls it that the Texas DMV will accept it. Here in Ohio they don't accept Alabama (plus various other states) paperwork.

Try International Title Service:
    http://www.its-titles.com/

I think Ohio is about the most strict state and they take NV titles so I imagine Texas would too. But like I said, be sure to check with the DMV before you buy!

18. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

Didn't read all the responses since you're in Texas. You can get a bonded title with a bill of sale. After 3 years, it converts to a regular blue title. You pay a bonding company/insurance company based on car value. Check out the Texas motor vehicle web site it's got the info you need.

Texas does take GA (or is that AL...can never remember) bill of sale (no titles) without tooooo much hassle.

If it was original or ever titled in Texas, you may be better off with the bonded title because there are even more hoops trying to get a non-Texas car registered and titled so have a care when using Broadway or other title service.

19. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Get a bonded title like JD said. It's the completely legal way to go in Texas. Here is a cut and paste I found for you on www.dmv.org :

Lost title papers (unknown owner): If you are in possession of a vehicle and all logical methods have failed to find either its paperwork or its previous owner, you may apply for a bonded title. This is a title that requires that you purchase a bond to potentially reimburse a legitimate owner if and when he or she shows up to claim the vehicle. In this situation, you will also have to fill out the Statement of Fact supplement (Form 130-SOF) in addition to the title application (Form 130-U). After three years of holding a bonded title, a regular title can then be issued to you.

20. They said i would need to take the car to Waco to have it ID by DPS, Becuse the car has no VIN # then some type of hearing for the title. Im not sure what a bonded title is but will check on that... Thanks Guys-- and GIRLS...

21. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

Yes I was talking about international title service. Sorry for the mix up.

22. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

So it works out OK? I just started the process with my '27, never done this before. No tiltle, no VIN, etc. So far an officer came out to verify the VIN is long gone. I just need to submit more paperwork...

23. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Several people in California have been caught using title companies. When DMV found out, their registration was revoked and their cars "flagged".

24. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

A bonded title means that you pay the DMV a certain amount of money based on the value of the car for a temp. title. After using it for 1-3 years depending on the state, they will issue you a permanent title and give you some of your money back...Jason.

25. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

FYI,
    in the great state of Nevada where I reside the Alabama title from Broadway does not work. Found that out several years ago the hard way via about $250.00 or so. I was buying a 47 Dodge pickup and tried to use them and the state didn't recognize that title, could never get a straight answer why, typical DMV. I'm using a VIN inspection ( officer or DMV ) and 7 surrounding state title search now for one of my trucks. Takes a month or 2 but at least I've got a title when I'm done.

Unibodyguy

26. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

You are going to need a serial number (VIN) for the streamlined process I always use. The serial number is only on the frame and the engine. Nothing was on the car's body (unless it was Canadian. Canadian Model T's have the serial number stamped across the firewall behind the cylinder head). If you don't have your VIN, Utah will make you get a state assigned VIN number (twice the number of hoops to jump through and is basicly a whole other ball of wax). Which is ok I guess, except they must rivet this ULGY VIN tag right on the firewall! Nasty!

27. I just started with a body of a model A, no frame, no vin and no title. Any info for getting it done in AZ?

28. Phxsinner

Phxsinner

Scrap, We gt you taken care of baby.... just call me.

29. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

You couldn't get a straight answer as to "why?" because it is flatout unconstitutional. It violates the commerce clause and the "full faith and credit" clause.