Register now to get rid of these ads!

First they came for the tuners, but I did not speak, as I am not a tuner...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by I Drag, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. repoguy

repoguy

Yeah, we all understand "against the law". There are a lot of us here (maybe even most of us) who run parts on our cars that are labeled "off road use only", so technically a lot of us are running mods that are AGAINST THE LAW. So, I guess you think we should have our cars seized as well. Have you ever run a car with aftermarket parts? If so, then maybe you should go turn yourself in.

You know dude, those "tuners" are essentially doing the exact same thing that we're still doing now: modding light cheap cars and making them fast. To say that you're a hot rodder, and in the same breath bash these guys and say that they should have their cars seized because of "illegal mods" is, in my humble opinion, the pinnacle of hypocritical speech.

2. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Frank, that is so true! especially in this case.

3. 55ledsled

55ledsled
    from Magnolia

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_R_streetrace0

Wow! I can't believe that they have killed one person per year and not shut this down altogether.....Having been "The Man" in a past life I understand wanting to keep a lid on this...however, there is a difference between being proactive and just plain "Duck hunting" where you just pick the easy target....

4. jmn444

jmn444

You guys that think window tint is a problem are making me laugh... are you going to make limo's illegal in case a well-off gangbanger wants to do a drive by? do you think it's the drivers or front seat passengers that are doing the shooting all the time? factory tint in a expedition is plenty dark to hide what your doing, I guess I don't follow what the "problem" is there...

5. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

I think you're making the sitution into a far bigger deal than it actually was. Not to mention the article in question has no details as to what actually happened. No statements from either side, only a quote from a "similar" raid a year before. Not to mention the article was from a website sympathetic to car enthusiasts.

I seems to me that you're making the article personal because of past experiances you've had.

I've been to numerous gatherings like the one the article mentions. And nearly everytime the police show up and start questioning people as to what they're doing and want to look at their cars. When the police ask to look at my vehicle, I say fine. They look, find nothing wrong and say have a nice day. Simple as that.

I think the same people that cry out about stuff like this are also the people that think Marijuana should be legal, and think they should be able to burn the American flag because, "it's their right."

These people need to stop crying about how it's not fair and that the police are harrassing them and realize that the police are simply looking out for their well being as well as the well being of others that could be affected by the actions of that person.

6. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

I have several aftermarket parts on my truck right now. All of which are within the law. If these parts were made illegal, then I'd remove them and voice my opinion as to why they should be made legal again.

7. jmn444

jmn444

lol, pot should definitely be legal, and I don't even smoke it!

good tangent...

8. chopped

chopped

The police are looking out for me. I'm laughing so hard I won't be able to post the rest of the night.

9. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Oh please, now Ranger Joe is gonna give us the whole "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about"... bullshit... I'm not making it personal, the people out there infringing on our civil rights are. I guess you don't get it because your just another sheeple. And to just give you alittle bit of fuel for your fire. I know you're out burning books in your spare time. I do believe someone should be able to burn the flag. There are plenty of reasons our founding fathers wrote the things they did. And if you buy into the bullshit that taking away our civil liberties makes us safer then you are even stupider than I already thought. And yes pot should be legal. George Washington smoked it, I don't but beer is legal, I see pot no different. I love the constitution, you should to. Hmmmm as a matter of fact don't politicians and law enforcement both take oaths to uphold it. Maybe they should start...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

actually not to hard... you can use acid to bring out the numbers, the same way they do with guns when they get them with the numbers filed off, it's called police work....

12. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

I see the problem. You're a liberal nutjob. I see no reason to continue arguing this as neither of us will give into the other's argument.

Also, as I look into my crystal ball, I see this thread getting locked as soon an a moderator/administrator catches wind of it.

13. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Does anyone have any actual first hand knowledge of this raid, or know any of those ticketed?

14. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Cops used to bust the Hot Rodders balls cause they raced in the streets. Now they bust the Tuners balls because -u guessed it -THEY RACE IN THE STREETS.

15. jmn444

jmn444

now it's getting entertaining, this thread has been a great conversation all day long, and now zman, with 7,262 posts and SEVEN years on the hamb is gonna get called out by a fng that's been here for 3 or 4 months.... who incidentally has posted quite a large % of those 46 posts in the very thread he thinks isn't appropriate on the HAMB all of a sudden.... ironic eh?

16. $507,000 for that? This state is having a hard time meeting it's budget shortfall. California is among the richest states yet it's public schools rank with the very worst in the country. The local high school is laying off 21 teachers,teachers aids and maintenance people this year.

How can spend-thrift vanity displays like this be allowed? Sounds like there is insufficient over-site regarding how this money is used. The purpose of the gas tax fund is to pay for maintaining the states road systems. It is commonly appropriated for other state purposes, often to make up for budgetary shortfalls. This violates the specific intent of the fund and is of dubious legality but there hasn't been any political will to enforce it.
    In what way does this law enforcement rodeo serve to maintain roads? This system is corrupt. More public officials need to be accountable.

If they refuse then more public officials should be horse-whipped in public.

17. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Oh yeah IMO Cali does seems like a pretty sucky place to own a car.

18. jmn444

jmn444

i don't think they meant that the whole 1/2 mil was for this one raid, it was just funded within that one grant is what they are saying...

19. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Not calling anyone out, simply posting my opinion on the article. Also, what's it matter how long I've been here? I didn't realize there is a waiting period to be able to have opinions.

It's not that I think the thread is inappropriate, but I'm a realist. This thread has been turned into more of a shouting match rather than a discussion.

I've come to the conclusion that continuously arguing back and forth doesn't make any sense. How's that saying go? Something about running the the special olympics?

20. jmn444

jmn444

Yes, and your opinion, intended or not, pretty much spells the end of our "hobby" here.

21. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Ok, Hoosiers, agree to disagree....LOL. Back to the 49er Idea!

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i believe you are dyslexic!!!! it is the LIB"S {you} who want the government to have there hand in every little thing we do! like you are suggesting! zman, is the total opposite of liberal! like most of us here who like our hot rods, guns, abilitly to go to the store without being stopped in a blockade, just to see if we are doin something wrong!

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So I'm a liberal because I believe in the Constitution? WTF planet are you from?

Why do you hate the USA? Why do hate the principals that our great country was founded on?

Thank you sir.....

24. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

I'm glad more people didn't think like this in 1776, or else we would still be bowing to the queen......

25. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Calling me a liberal? You'd might as well tell me my mother is a whore.

The liberal nutjob comment was in response to Zmans comments about lealizing Marijuana and burning the American flag. Both of which are arguments from the left side of the political spectrum.

26. jmn444

jmn444

I actually look at legalizing pot from a conservative perspective, pure tax revenue that's been untapped. look at the insane taxes on smokes and tell me that being able to buy a carton of mary jane at the 7-11 wouldn't pretty much eliminate the national debt??? and that's just sales taxes, think about the flood of new taxable business entities that no longer have a need to evade taxes...

27. jmn444

jmn444

Man this thing has gone off course though!

28. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

Yea what he said.

29. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Okay, now it's getting personal.

I do not hate America. I do not hate the constitution.

I believe that America is the greatest country on earth. When I was in high school, they made the rule that you did not have to recite the pledge or even stand while it was being recited. I was the ONLY person in my class who not only stood, but put my hand over my heart, and proudly recited it. I'm one of the few that actually knows the Star Spangled Banner. Hell, even when I'm at home watching baseball or NASCAR and they play the Star Spangled Banner, I still stand and place my hand over my heart. I fly the flag in front of my house, take it down at night, and never allow it to come in contact with the ground. I tried to join the military to fight for my country but was turned down for medical reasons. When I was going to college and spent nearly every penny I had on rent, food, and tuition, I still donated to funds to help wounded soldiers an fallen officers. I vote every time I can.

Call me an idiot if you want. Make fun of my truck if you want. Disagree with my opinions if you want. But do NOT tell me that I hate the United States of America.

I'll step off my soapbox now. Thank you.

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, i dont know your mother, so thats your call! but if someone wants to burn a flag, who gives a fuck? i think there fucktards, and there opionion means jack to me! let them burn it, while they are livin off the very country the hate, with my tax money! thats a liberal! "hey fuck america man,,,,,then.....whoohoo...out goverment check came today!!""" those libs are worthless and will never have an impact on the way things are ran! so if they wanna burn a flag.....who cares!:rolleyes:

as far as weed is concerned, i think it should be legal myself....that would free up a ton of money for our economy in which the libs take from me , and give to those who are unwilling to work for it!
    those my friend arent liberal views, they are truths that could benefit our country!

and if they ever do,,,im buyin 20 k in frito lay stock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.