Register now to get rid of these ads!

My deuce got smashed today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRD57, Mar 24, 2008.

1. "A wise man once said.... nothing. He listened."

The irony of that signature, in that post, is priceless.

I'm sure Don is having a hard time finding any "humor" in any of this.

JH

2. GARY?

GARY?

^ Bone-head^

Sad sight for sure. I remember seein' your car at B'ville. It is incredible!! Hope to see it this year.
    -Gary

3. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

that right there is awesome! you should double it for pain and suffering, on behalf of your car!! what is not awesome is the complete disrespect that your car has suffered!! glad to hear you are ok!! thats the only good that came from this. hope you truly get whats owed to you!! or what it will cost for damages! insurance companies are tards and dont know the true cost of things! i wish you all the luck in the world!

4. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

yea real comical. At least as funny as your porsche wrecked would be. Show some respect dude.

5. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :(

6. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

man that sucks !! how did you hold back from not kickin the shit out of that dumb ass ??
    at least you weren't hurt,
    but it still sucks.

7. VonZacho

VonZacho
    from napa, ca

"Its almost comical how your car looks smashed up. Its almost like a movie car with the backwards headlight and the frowned suport bar like herbie or somthing. Sucks though for sure looks like alot of damage. Good luck with fixing it "

Somebody rally up the guy who hit the deuce and this porche drivin dumb nuts and leave' em where you find' em... sorry for your loss my friend, tough break

8. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

This is why the HAMB should start pre-screeing its members, why add fuel to the fire? I guess you cant teach common sense. I think your proper handle should be Douschedude420..

9. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Damn dude, that sucks bad...Good to hear that you are OK...Time to get out the dolly and hammer, and in no time you have the wind in your face again. Good luck

10. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man that sucks!!! This is one of my favorite 32's. The drivers in so cal are just assholes and they never look where their going. I've almost been wiped out a few times recently. Good luck with the rebuild brotha!

11. bbodybenny

bbodybenny

That sucks champ.
    but like the man said, " we have the technology to rebuild him"
    Someone was smiling down on you, not a scratch on you, no one hurt, and you didnt ride your bike. That would have been real bad.

Side note. I was in my Dodge with Leebo (60 Cadillac man) a while back, when a lill ol guy and his wife, with cataracts the size of 5cent pieces, pulled right in front of me in peak hour and clipped the rear of my car. I was fuming, but got my Sh*t under control, and jumped out of my car. I saw how old they were (and scared! i am bald, tatooed and 6'3" and 250 pounds) and calmly walked up to there locked doors, with windows up, and asked them sweet as pie
    "are your okay Sir, Ma'am?" They were, and the Dodge only had a chip out of the paint under the bumper, where the hit me.
    To this day i am still proud of the way i acted, and i reckon Leebo was quite relieved too, he saw my face when they hit us, and the first thing he said was "Easy Tiger... easy!"
    Put it down to some more history for your cars resume.
    Good luck with her.

12. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Hey if he cant laugh at it hes gonna cry. Thats all there is too it. I doubt he started this thread looking for sympathy. Another one of my quotes goes "If you cant fix it, laugh at it"

13. volken65

volken65

14. Mopar34

Mopar34

Glad you came out of ok, could have been a helluva lot worse. Make sure you get what is due from the guy's insurer, some adjusters don't have a clue when it comes to repairs of old cars..l...they just know late models. I had that problem when a young woman turned her SUV into the side of my 34. But between me and my metal man, the insurer covered it all.

Hate to see something like this occur, even though it does frequently. Again, glad to hear you're okay.

15. Dude, you're a true dumbass.

Shouldn't you be on some 4x4 or VW board somewhere?

JH

16. kroozn1

kroozn1

Hey Don,
    I am glad you are OK.

If there is anything I can do to help in the resurrection of your roadster just let me know.
    Carl

17. a.d.-hawk

a.d.-hawk
    from Omaha, Ne.

Plainly put, that is a bitch. Glad you came out unharmed. Still a cool, cool roadster...can't ever take that away.

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

Wow Don .. that really is sad ..I sure am glad you are alright
    And I hope the you are able to bring it back to the former glory

19. Any updates,Don? Have you heard anything?

20. Hey! What a rotten deal!
    I've "Been there, done that". While racing my '32 Champ Car at Buttonwillow Raceway last spring, a yo-yo, when I purposely left the track, came off and hit me in the right front. Same type damage as yours, except for the fender

21. Hey! What a rotten deal!
    I've "Been there, done that". While racing my '32 Champ Car at Buttonwillow Raceway last spring, a yo-yo, when I purposely left the track, came off and hit me in the right front. Same type damage as yours, except for the fender. However, it appears that your axle is salvagable. Mine was bent worse; but a blacksmith friend, up here in San Luis Obispo, straightened it in about 15 minutes.
    "Dawg"

22. hatch

hatch
    from house

Here's one of my favorite sayings..."If you can't say anything nice, go back to masturbating on your porsche magazine."

23. 29paul

29paul

I would have killed that guy.Glad your OK

24. DRD57

DRD57

Not much in the way of updates. I'm waiting for the police report to be available before I turn it into the insurance co.

I'm getting a few estimates lined up now.

As soon as I get the money, I'll put together the recovery plan.

The axle is a cast Magnum piece. Once they're bent, they're wall art as far as I'm concerned.

25. DRD57

DRD57

Don't be too hard on porchdude. I saw some humor in his observation.

One friend said "I knew a girl in high school who had eyes like this."

[​IMG]

I got a good laugh at that.

I think my stepson knew the same girl because he tried with all his might to straighten up that errant headlight as soon as the tow truck driver dropped the car in the garage.

26. chews32

chews32

Don, I'm sadden to see your car this way. It was great of you to attend the Early
    Rodder's Cruise to Santa Paula Airport. Hope to see your car back on the road again.

Rick

27. 1938_chev

1938_chev

Certainly has to be a major piss off! Glad to hear youre ok and hope you will be up and running again

28. Don...sorry to hear it but I know you...you'll have it cruising this summer. Besides, you still have this, doncha?

Attached Files:

29. DRD57

DRD57

Yeah, I still have the coupe. Took it to the Goodguy's season opener a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]