Register now to get rid of these ads!

June 28th, Terryville Ct. ~The County Rumble~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Mar 26, 2008.

1. With lots of talk with what to do this summer, I would highly reccommend the Rumble in the Country weekender! June 27th and 28th. Hell, even the 29th if your digging your vacation.

This show is stocked full of Flatties and tradtional stuff. In fact, I can't remember another show where I've seen more Flatties in one place, it's insane. This area, is just packed with guys that know whats up in my opinion. All kinds of stuff... 60's, 50's, 40's, 30's etc.
    All those Mass. boys really get it, I mean get it. My personal favorite bunch of guys the Alter Boys always come, tons of old guys (which if your lucky will tell you a few secrets), even pretty girls, hahahaaa. I dig this show as its centrally located, CT., Pa., NJ., they all come.

Best part about any show.... is a show that lets you camp. Now thats where its at! This year you can even rent a tent for 10 bucks if you can't carry one in your chopped and channeled, 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound automobile, hahahaaa. NOTE: Ok, you bums gotta bring your own tent! Hahaha, I just checked that out, I lied...but kept it in as its was a cool idea and pretty funny... Sorry!

They do have Showers and Electric though! I even capitolized it!!! If your not an idiot, like most of my friends, you can have a nice small fire, so bring your own marshmellows and wood. Its even cool to bring your own stash of road sodas if you catch my drift. If you have a camper, there are real camping hook ups for ya, just drive your rod in please. Really don't wanna see any Rat Rod concocktions on a trailer cause it's to radical or dangerous to drive. Please!

I've been to a few shows that let you borrow your there parking lot while you run up an immense bar tab only to be run out once the football crew deems its there time to throw down. Not here! This is a wide open grassy field filled with great cars and nice people, just a nice mellow show in the sun. There is plenty of good food, breakfest/coffee, lunch, etc. Most importantly, the swap meet section is awesome. This year the boys are really pushing to bring in more sellers. So bring what you ain't using if you wanna gain some capital.

Its also a nice area to spin off and take a drive through the woods, I mean country roads. Think the young guy in the Alter Boys with that perfect 29 roadster even did a little hiking last year....if you can read between the lines...

Bands to be announced...I'm hoping to talk our very own (HAMB) brother, Tor....into pulling his boys out from under cars and outta the woods for his own Ring of Fire! One of the nicest guys here, and a bad mofo on stage. Tor slept under his car last year, truth.
    Anyway, will keep you posted on the bands... It will be a good mix of foot stomping stuff and punk for sure.

Hope to see all you Hamb brothers and sisters! More details to come, mark it on your calender.

Pics from last year...

Attached Files:

2. Even the youth give it a big thumbs up! Scary bunch...

Attached Files:

3. You forgot the BBQ place down the street, FREE PEANUTS!!!!

4. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Just down the street and I never knew, I'll have to check it out!:D

Thanks

5. BensonStripes!

BensonStripes!

This show gets better every year. Seriously...can't wait for this. And now Friday and Saturday. I'm into it.

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

i was ther last year,great show .mel is right lotta traditional stuff lots of flattys. a cant miss show.see you all there.

7. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I haven't missed one there yet, great show for sure. Keeps growing every year, should be a great time as always.

8. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

I wouldn't miss it!

9. kinglearjet

kinglearjet

How did I not know about this? I'd heard about the road agents show but never made it, but this has somehow escaped my radar. What the address of the venue or is there a website?

10. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Try not to miss this one it's worth the trip

11. jetmek

jetmek

AAAHHHAAAA! think those guys will actually have jalopies there this year???!!!

12. Terryville Fairgrounds , Terryville Connecticut

13. Two of these bums will have there cars there. The kid in the back is Jack Varleys kid... Lives down the road from the Rolling Bones guys, apparently inspired them to get into Hot Rods too, pretty cool. Jack has some crazy shit. We call him Paul the kid. Been with the Rumblers since he was in highschool. He got thrown outta school for wearing his CC shirt. Hahahah, they though he was a gang member...he's the quietest kid I know. Jeremy has his 32 almost done. Lil Mike has been over there helping him make everything clean now that most of the fab work is done. Woody (tattooed maniac)... That fag needs to get a car already, I try all the time to give him shit. It may happen soon, he is way into it....super sick welder too.

Hey, and for the record Hambers.... Jetmek is the coolest fucker on here. Hahahahaa. Show us what your bringing to the show. I've got picks, not sure if you let the kat out the bag...

14. Proof!
    Look he does work...hahahaa. Jeremy building his bed for the 32. I have video of the P-9 in the backround....don't know how to get it up here. Don't know how to even email it to someone, hahaha.

Rolling Bones duo say they are coming to the Terryville show too. I gotta call them today, I'll twist there arms.

Attached Files:

15. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

Al, well roll down there together if you want. Woody i think well have to be my co-pilot again for the first half a year till we get him something rolling. You really do need to come to jeremys garage one of these days while were working, its funny shit. hows the bridgeport working out

Attached Files:

16. jetmek

jetmek

nice to know i got a fan club....donations gladly accepted. feel free to post pics mel...

17. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

thanks for the kind words man. Jared A/B

18. Went last year, it was fucking awesome. Great cars, music, and the best part about it was this krazy dude that was dancing the whole time, he was doing this weird, vibratey, spastic dancing like he was on angel dust or something, and he wouldn't stop the whole time. Real wirey dude with horn-rimmed glasses. Anyone remember this guy? He was hard to miss. My wife and I wanna hang out with him and buy him some barbecue.

19. I'd like to get some guys from my area to cruise down together.

20. Here is a flyer if you can pass em out to friends.

Attached Files:

21. Might be kind of a dumb question, but are spectators allowed? I doubt my pickup will be ready in time, but I'd definitely like to take the the trip down.

22. Yes of cource....camping, bands, swap meet, etc.

23. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

24. myke

myke
    from SoCal

If I have my 32 done, I am there.

25. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

yup great show wouldnt miss it the rumblers nomads r a great bunch...nyc n terryville r on the must do list every year...

26. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

is there a typo in that email address?

27. Yes ,But dont let that discourage you from coming. The right address is [email protected] We are still looking for more vendors. Hope to see you all there

28. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

would not miss this show..or milltown 08.....

29. arkracing

arkracing

I'll hopefully be there with my '33.

30. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Nobodys Hero That cat is SWEEEEEEETTTT!