Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone heard of a KELESON??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying53gmc, Mar 5, 2008.

1. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

An older guy that always talks to me about building hot rods back in the 50's and 60's was telling me about a Keleson today that is for sale. He said it looks like the nissan Z's. He is tough to understand and that is the best I could get from the name of it. It has a narrowed 9 inch with a hillborn injected small block for $1500. I need to know what the hell this thing is. It was used for drag racing. Please help.

2. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I remember that name. I think it was a glass body you bought and put on your own frame. They were pretty cool looking.
    I would think they are pretty rare,for that price I think you better buy it.

3. Homemade44

Homemade44

4. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

Kellisons were built right here in Sacramento at first, then they moved up to Folsom. They made a lot of body styles, and the 'Z' style one your friend described is probably the best looking of the bunch. kellison also made full turnkey racecars, usually based on Corvette components. very spendy.

Saw a full size NOS body here in Sacto at a swap meet a few years back... neat stuff, and one of the best-looking of all the glass cars of the fifties-early sixties.

I've been looking for a Crosley-sized Kellison body (they made them, according to the catalog) for a decade, but no luck.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The injection on top of that small block is probably worth that asking price.

If you don't get it, let me know how to contact the guy please. :)

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

7. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

Thanks for all the info guys. The story is that the fella that originally raced it was restoring it when he had health problems 6 years ago. He died 4 years ago and it has been sitting. The body is off outside with everything else covered inside. His wife wanted it gone and said she would sell it for $1500. The old fella that comes into my work all the time said he thought I would love this old car if it was still around and that he would go check on it today and give me a call. All I can do is sit around and wait for a phone call at this point. You guys kick ass with all the info so fast. Thanks again. I'll buy it as soon as I can if it's still around.

8. !%))?!?!?!?!1500! I would jump on one, killer little cars

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

Those are gorgeous...what are you waiting for?

10. PurHell

PurHell
    from So Cal

Guy in the Kellison group wants 2K for just the body .. which isn't out of line ....

11. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Yeah, those Kellison's are a very nice design. I built a Kellison GT40.

Mike

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

yeah, nevermind the fact it's a cool car, hillborn injected anything for $1500 sounds promising!:D

13. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Buybuybuybuybuy!!!!!!

14. von Dyck

von Dyck

Saw one at Back to the Fifties (St.Paul, MN) two summers ago, a work in progress but up and running. Yes, go for it - they are beautifull!

15. Matty Dog

Matty Dog

flying53gmc: Have you got any updates on this story?

16. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

cool car , but they are close to un-builable ,
    if you count a car as having roll up windows etc

there is one that shows up at Mooneyes show , real nice but no side windows !

and yes I has one.....

17. keep us posted that car looks killer