Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB CHOP- PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt50, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys thought I wasn't gonna reply, huh? You guys thought I got all soft? Nope.

Here's the deal. Jason is one of the reasons the HAMB is here - a very big reason. Quite honestly, he's golden in my book... even if I haven't ever gotten a HAMBchop t-shirt! The man busts his ass and helps people... He's done two chops now and I'm sure it’s a bit frustrating that these 2 cars haven't been finished, that some people don't appreciate his efforts enough, and that ANYONE would doubt his honesty in such a situation.

The HAMB chop isn't about money. It's about learning. Jason and others are teaching folks a skill and doing it on their own dime & time... I guarantee Jason is out his own money on the first two chops.... and now this? Jason, you go right ahead and be pissed! I don't blame ya...

Ya know, I walk a fine line on this board. I want the HAMB to be free and I want it to be valuable... I don't want to ask for donations or for auctions - I just don't have it in me. But even so, I get donations and I get people that do more for me than I would ever think to do for anyone else. What guys like Jason, shifts and Racefab do for this place just astonishes me... I don't know how to answer it. I don't know how to say thank you appropriately. I’m not sure what is expected of me.

It’s no secret that I am a fucking social idiot. I’m terrible at meeting folks and even worse at remembering their names afterwards… People send me auction money and I deposit it only to wonder two weeks later if I actually got that check or not??? And did I send a thank you email to the seller???? FUCK! I can’t keep up with it all and carry on a regular life. I don’t know where all this stops and ends….

Anyway, the point was not to bore you with my issues – it’s to tell all of you how much I do appreciate everything that you do even if I am too absent minded, too selfish, too busy, too whatever to get it out sometimes.

Be pissed Jason. Just don’t let it ruin the great things you’ve done in the past.

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

man, i dont have a thousand bucks to spare,but id try real hard to come up with given the chance to have a good group of friends to come over to chop my car who were experienced in chopping it the RIGHT way,AND make a big get together out of it at the same time! sign me up! my 50 is begging for a lowerd lid.
    too bad im 2000 miles away..

honestly...like some have said already, i think people need to realize THIS website is a DIY'er website,,the HAMBchop has always seemed to me, a CHOP to help those that do their own work,and have always wanted a chopped top,but not the expereince...(not a way to get your car chopped for free!!WTF???)

...a group of your HAMB buddies get together,help you out with something you wouldnt be able to do yourself and the only thing you have to pay for is food and some shirts??? man,thats the LEAST you could do! *SMACK!!**

..and your fooling yourself if you havent priced steel,cutoffwheels and gas for your torches latley!!!! that shit adds up QUICK

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Here is my post from May 26th, it was relevant then and even more relevant now:

"OK, I've been reading these posts long enough and I can't keep quiet any longer...

The HAMB Chop is a super deal, there is NO other place that you can get a quality job done on your car in the matter of one weekend, not at any price. It is a shame that a dollar figure came into this discussion, buying T-shirts and materials is just a small token of appreciation...it's not about the money. There are many talented people who come together to donate their time and talent to help one of our young (read poor and inexperienced) members get a jump start on making their jalopy into a real hot rod.
    Everyone who participated in last year's event worked their butts off, including poorboy and his dad, to make his Chevy a one-of-a-kind rod. It was great to see this young guy's eyes light up as his car was turned from stock to custom in a matter of a weekend.
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have put the time and effort into this event were it not for the recipient. If this event is going to happen again this year, and I really believe that it should, then a little more time and effort should be spent selecting a candidate who meets the criteria for past events...young, eager, grateful, etc....
    Let's not lose sight of the reason WHY we do this."

chopt50...I don't know you nor do I care to make your acquaintance. You have maligned not only a very talented hot rod fabricator but all those on this board who share a set of core values. Your comments are a reflection of your obvious ignorance of these values and of the folks who make this board the wonderful place that it is. If you want to slander people and talk smack go someplace else...you are not worthy to sweep the garage floor after Jason!

4. Seems only fair that the car owner pick up the tab for the costs associated with the event.
    It was my understanding that the $1000 "cost" was an approximate guide based on previous HAMBchops.

Perhaps Chopt50 can post some of his vast experiences for us to learn from.
    Better yet,we can all go over to his place,and eat all his food while we watch him
    work his ass off for nothing.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    Seems only fair that the car owner pick up the tab for the costs associated with the event.
    It was my understanding that the $1000 "cost" was an approximate guide based on previous HAMBchops.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree,

but,

I still think that a young, eager, inexperienced, grateful, deserving kid shouldn't be turned away because of not having a thousand dollars.

if I can't be there with a torch and hammer,

I would be happy to send a few bucks.

Paul

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Make the schlubs (Me) who come just to eat and watch, pay for the t-shirt. Charge $20. $15 to actually pay for the shirt (If they want one) and $5 goes to the HAMB for it's support.

I agree with 60 though...

It's just a suggestion.

The HAMB Chop is perfect the way it is and I think the money is less of an issue than the missunderstanding that surrounded it.

7. ShortBus

ShortBus

Killer put it most succinctly: fuck you

What a fucking prick.. [​IMG]
    why don't you quit stinking up our garage with your bullshit and GO AWAY.

I'll kick $10 towards gas for Court's trip to Temecula. EVEL can ride along to shoot some asskick video, add some music then sell DVDs to fund the board. Anyone want to design the shirt?

I wish Karl & Kristy the best of luck in getting their life situation back on track. Hang on you guys, it'll get better.

8. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I just hate you, chopt50, crybaby, joto, chavala, i'm backing up Killer...

9. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

fuhhhhk... This is just like when Shine-Head O'Conner tore up that picture of the Pope! [​IMG]

btw, whats a chavala?

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

it's a dude's name man,

fist name Maurice [​IMG]

a video of the chop,

would be KILLER!! [​IMG]

Paul

11. james

james

I haven't said anything yet, but what the hell.... The $1000 seems fine as far as everything goes (food, shirts, etc), I just think alot of us who have been here a few years were kinda taken aback when it was mentioned, because noone said anything about the first two HAMBchops, and the way the $1000 was mentioned kind of "matter-of-factly" like it was a fee we should all know about. If you read the beginning of this post it looked like Ryan was kinda suprised. Like I said, a great deal, just kinda came out of left field. Kinda like winning a new car and then being told you are responsible for paying the taxes--fair, just a bit of a downer.

12. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Seems only fair that the car owner pick up the tab for the costs associated with the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree,

but,

I still think that a young, eager, inexperienced, grateful, deserving kid shouldn't be turned away because of not having a thousand dollars.

if I can't be there with a torch and hammer,

I would be happy to send a few bucks.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because your a young eager broke kat (aren't we all) doesn't entitle you to have your car done at no expense. Shit if that were the case everyone would have their shit done for free all the time. Look if you know someone deserving send them the 1000 for the event or if you can do it yourself for them for free...go head on captain. I think your missing the point: no one and I mean no one could have something like this done for this little amount of commitment unless they (A) do it themselves (even then there are materials to consider) or (B) a friend takes on the job for them for free (even then there are materials to consider). Ok so here's the real deal kats and kittens..if you can't afford it you won't be able to do it <font color="pink"> boo hooo </font> and if you can your getting a great deal so <font color="red">what the fuck </font>. Get a life.

<font color="red"> J </font> <font color="blue"> E </font> <font color="purple"> S </font> <font color="orange">T </font> <font color="black"> E </font> <font color="yellow"> R </font>

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope that wasn't for me.

personaly,
    me,
    if I was young,
    had an old car and somehow was able to scrape together a thousand bucks,

I'd buy a welder and learn how to do it myself.

oh wait, that IS what I did.

I think we are drifting from the point.

Killer and those who have VOLUNTEERED thier time and experience

need ALL the support and recognition they deserve.

the HAMBchop needs to happen

the HAMB needs it to happen.

I like the idea of selling seats to the show,

sounds like a blast,

it could be a hands on votech type learning experience with a party on the side.

Paul

14. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope that wasn't for me.

personaly,
    me,
    if I was young,
    had an old car and somehow was able to scrape together a thousand bucks,

I'd buy a welder and learn how to do it myself.

oh wait, that IS what I did.

I think we are drifting from the point.

Killer and those who have VOLUNTEERED thier time and experience

need ALL the support and recognition they deserve.

the HAMBchop needs to happen

the HAMB needs it to happen.

I like the idea of selling seats to the show,

sounds like a blast,

it could be a hands on votech type learning experience with a party on the side.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

nope nothing personal jest an observation....Any way what do you get when your cross a peice of bermuda onion and a donkey........a piece of ass that brings tears to your eyes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

[ QUOTE ]

sounds like a blast,

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that is the best way to sum it up already.
    The owner of the car pays for the party and the party supplies.
    None of that grand goes to the chop itself, which is a good thing.

And BTW, I have heard of a guy who will chop a car for about $ 850. When he is done, none of the doors or glass can be made to fit, and it is almost certain the car will not be on the road again.
    I tell people to look him up when they dont like my prices...

16. Germ

Germ

JASON is my MAN,
    PERIOD.....

Hey KILLER...... you need any ASS KICKING or SECURITY work.

You know who to CALL...
    SKIP can MAKE me a FUCKING burger, while I twist some NECKS, and stab GREASERS with my MOMS favorite salad fork,,,

XOXOXOXOXO

germ

17. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    I have not been involved with either H.A.M.B. chop.
    But, I have seen two chops and a section job pulled off in a three day weekend at Branson, Mo. at three separate "Cruisin Branson Lights" by Eldon Titus and just a few others helping him.
    I have been witness to the "Big Olds Thrash" just recently.
    It is unbelievable the amount of work that can be accomplished in a day or three by a group.
    I am not an experienced body shop appraiser, but do know that supplies, food, and drink cost money.
    Add t shirts with printing costs and the price can easily near or top a grand.
    In a reply to one of the posts requesting or giving information about the proposed chop, the sum of $1000.00 was mentioned.
    Ryan questioned it, and received a reply that it was informational to let the folks with the car know what they might need to spend.
    At NO time did Killer or anyone else, to my knowledge, suggest or imply that a profit was to be made on the chop.
    I would have loved to had my 47 top chopped by this group, but distance is prohibitive.
    Chopt50, If you can do the work and at the quality you imply, I will give you $1000.00 for the job, and you can keep all over the actual cost.
    Want the job?
    Didn't think so [​IMG].

Please do us all a favor and ask Ryan to lock this post or remove it entirely.
    Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I'll take the job fucker. But it will be A LOT more than 1000. I NEVER ONCE SAID that anybody was making a profit off of this event, and nobody even told Karl or Kristy that it was an optional amount of monet to be paid.

Yes, I do doubt the work of SOME of the people on the hamb, and those 2-3 day jobs at the carshows are pulled off by professionals.

LOOK, I never intended to shoot anyone down, I did not know that the hambchop was cancelled as I don't go on the site often anymore because I think its lame, I was simply doing Karl and Kristy a favor by posting the fact that they are not chopping there car.
    As I stated already, My opinion about the set up has NOTHING to do with them, nor did I persuade them to change their minds about the chop... They honestly do not have the resources or ability to participate even if it was still GOING TO HAPPEN.

Fuck, it doesn't take much to make you all fucking butt hurt over the smallest opinion. I have had a lot of PMs from people that AGREE WITH ME on the subject.

Whatever, pull your little survivor shit games and kick me off. I really don't have time to argue and get heated up over crap. Just wanted to state MY OPINION and I am still sticking to it you assholes!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I have had a lot of PMs from people that AGREE WITH ME on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">I call BULL SHIT on that one.

And, if they don't have the SACK to get in here and say so personally...FUCK 'EM!!!

I don't like you, and that's a problem for your little world.

RASHY </font>

19. superbell

superbell

Chopt50 or "Toad" as your signature suggests, you have been a dick starting when you were bashing K-members coupe and now your a 21 year old veteran . Your nothing but talk, go away.

20. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do doubt the work of SOME of the people on the hamb, and those 2-3 day jobs at the carshows are pulled off by professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are saying that Jason(who does this type of stuff for a living is not a professional. Boy are are just a bigger dumb ass than even I thought

[ QUOTE ]
    As I stated already, My opinion about the set up has NOTHING to do with them, nor did I persuade them to change their minds about the chop...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I am supposed to believe that with the comment below. Me thinks you have an agenda and it becomes more transparent with every post.

[ QUOTE ]
    I am still sticking to it you assholes!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Captain Buttpipe. I am glad I finally found someone who can not only stick it to me but tell me about it afterwards. Usually I don't need that because they actually stuck it to me and I felt it. [​IMG]

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Gee Captain Buttpipe. I am glad I finally found someone who can not only stick it to me but tell me about it afterwards. Usually I don't need that because they actually stuck it to me and I felt it.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green">

OOOOOhhhhh MY GAAAAAAAWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!

I'm on the frickin' floor over here!!!! [​IMG]

RASHY </font>

22. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And, if they don't have the SACK to get in here and say so personally...FUCK 'EM!!!

RASHY </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone on here is a joke.

Besides that, who the fuck is JASON? and what makes his work so special?

Once again, I was just posting a message for them, as I have NO time to sit in front of a computer and bullshit about things you should be in the garage doing. you guys get WAY TOO WORKED UP over this shit.

YOU CAN ALLLLLL FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!! [​IMG]

23. 46stude

46stude

[ QUOTE ]
    YOU CAN ALLLLLL FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you, kind sir. We have all been sitting around anxiously awaiting your permission...... [​IMG]

24. superbell

superbell

You want to meet any of us and say that man to man? I didn't think so....

Quote "YOU CAN ALLLLLL FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!! "

25. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RASHY </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I was just posting a message for them, as I have NO time to sit in front of a computer and bullshit about things you should be in the garage doing. you guys get WAY TOO WORKED UP over this shit.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green">OUCH! I guess you told me!

Excuse me while I lick my wounds...

DONE.

Too worked up?

You call a guy a crook for busting his ass on someone elses shit and you think it will just pass cuz you're so fucking smart?

RASHY</font>

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    YOU CAN ALLLLLL FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you, kind sir. We have all been sitting around anxiously awaiting your permission...... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] That cracked me right the hell up! [​IMG]

You funny 46stude!

RASHY

27. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that is so original I am going to write it down. So let me get this straight you are bagging work you know nothing about. Your putting down people you have never met. And want us to do things that no self-respecting person should ever be asked to do. And we are supposed to respect your opinion too! Man you sure seem to have a pair on you. Although I am not sure what they are a pair of?

I worked on 2 different rods this week and finished up both of them so get off my ass about my garage time. I have about 55 hours this week and I took today off. How about you?? And I will be in the shop all day tomorrow

And I don't want or need your permission to die. I will die under my own terms. I wouldn't do it for my ex-wife I sure as hell amd not going to do it for you.

28. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

who is jason? who the fuck are you? jasons work has been well documented here. the only thing you've offered up is childish bullshit.

i'm with superbell, put up or shut up bitch boy.

29. Germ

Germ

Do you RIDE VESPAS into trash cans?

You couldn't CHOP your FOOT off if you were the GUY in the ROAD WARRIOR movie

GERM

30. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you RIDE VESPAS into trash cans?

GERM

[/ QUOTE ]

No hes a trash can jockey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.