Register now to get rid of these ads!

1958 4 door biscayne w/picturesto buy or not to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodlolita, Mar 18, 2008.

1. 53chieftian

53chieftian

And if all else fails and you sell off the pieces then you could save the engine and trans and use the money from the parts to buy another different shell that only needs an engine!

2. Squablow

Squablow

A four door sedan can become a 2 door sedan with about a week's worth of work and the right parts.

If it's pretty solid and runs, and you could get it for maybe $1500, that would seem fair to me. A pair of two door sedan doors and a front seat shouldn't be that hard to find for this car if you decide to make it a 2 door down the road. It's not that hard, trust me.

3. VonZacho

VonZacho
    from napa, ca

show him 1000 and give 15 tops and polish that turd and roll it till the wheels fall off... dont worry about the mordoor haters... slam that bitch, suicide the back doors and start spittin fire outta the ass!

4. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

That is a parts car at best in my opinion, but then I think 4 doors mostly bite.
    I did drive a 4 door 59 for years and loved it but it was just a car, never thought of it as something to "fix up".

5. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

i like 4 door cars i have always liked them ever since i was little.. but then i really enjoy boat cars.. and all of you guys do know that the two door cars aren't going to last forever and if you haven't noticed the prices for them at least here in Cali where I've been looking are outta control..... people are going to have to stat looking at four door cars.

BUT THATS JUST MY OPION

6. Nailhead

Nailhead

I would think $1,000-$1,250 would be a fair price for both parties... In my opinion, you wouldn't be stealing it, and he wouldn't be giving it away...

Todd

7. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Around here that car would sell for the asking price easily so i guess the value matters on the location but for a driver I would get it, throw in a cheap homemade interior and cruise down to macco for that oh so sweet temporary paint job and have fun.

8. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Man you need a car to get around in. This ain't it. A stalled project probably freakin stalled for a good reason!!!!

That's a project, not a daily you need to get to work in.

Buy the honda. Then buy a project and work on that and drive the import till your other car gets running right.

Nothing is worse than having to work on your daily that if it doesn't run you ain't getting to work! Then it ceases being fun and becomes a real pain in the ass POS quick.

And that's assuming you have the means to work on cars. At the very least you need access to another car as a parts chaser.

I stopped by my mechanic the other day to have a tire mounted and he saw my Ford and pointed out a 60's dodge.. He was like, 'do you drive this car every day or do you have another one? Because the kid that owns that Dodge only has that one and it's been here a week already"

I used to drive O/T old cars for years, and it sucks to want to go out or to work and the car doesn't start when you turn the key.

That car probably hasn't been driven on a daily basis in 20 or 30 years. No way is it going to be reliable.

Oh wait, I just looked at the thread and you just asked if its a good deal.

I figure its a good deal if you can buy it and in an ideal world get your sales price money out of it. If it's really a 327 that runs decent, it's probably worth IMHO around a grandish. Give or take 500 bucks, that's the fudge factor determined by how bad you want it and how bad he wants to get rid of it.

Like another person said, you could unload the clip and the drivetrain for around that much if you find the right buyer, which in your neck of the woods may or may not be easy.

Hell, I'd consider buying it just to convert it to a 2dr like squablow says. I saw the tech articles about it and I'd like to do one before I die.

Considering your location though, I'd lean to closer to a grand. Looks like he has a lot of 'project' cars, god knows how long thats' been there.

And my opinion of an engine that was rebuilt a couple years ago, is that it's just a damned used engine, and I'd price accordingly.

good luck and let us know how it turns out!

EDIT: And like another person said, life is too short to put your energy into a 4 door unless you just *really* love them. If its a project you're gonna put a shitpile more money and time and blood into it than you ever imagined, and if it's not a car you really like you're gonna quickly wonder why you're sacraficing so much for this #@%!$!!! and maybe the project will stall, just like this one did already. These old cars are just too much work to bother with unless you *really* like it. Or have money and no job. :)

9. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

the guy only hasn't driven it reg. for about 4 months.. his wife drove that before he's had the car for 6 years and the other local guy he bought it from drove it as a daily... and i haven't said anything about the motor being rebuilt.