Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done this week end????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slag Kustom, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Picked up my next project car from southern minnesota.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A rust free California project car:cool:

2. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

Was looking forward to the big day of finally cranking the 53 for the first time. Got the bay to this point (ignore all the pollen):

[​IMG]

Filled up the fluids, loaded in the battery and ........ Click. Dead battery (had been charging for 5 hours). That was at noon and by 4 it would barely turn one revolution so looks like I'm buying a new battery today (6v)...oh yeah, my big battery charger died also. Overall, not a great weekend.

3. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

not much, i painted some interior pieces of my O/T car... stared at my truck for a while, and went inside to watch TV....

4. evilone0528

evilone0528

I waited on parts............

EVIL

5. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

Just makin' wood for the 28 chevy. Prob about 2/3 done. The rest will be a piece of cake when that's done!!!!!!!!!
    jim

6. RodP

RodP

Finished the lace panels and step shades on Monico Aldape's 64.We send it over to Augie for the clear coats today. Haven't done one of these in a long time. Feels good.
    RodP

Attached Files:

7. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Got most of my welds cleaned up from my wheel well patch on my 56. Cleaned the holy hell out of my garage and found my long lost 50 chevy truck cab back there.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Good friend, who was dealing with some health issues stopped by and looks like things are looking up. He hadn't seen the T yet so we donned jackets and took it for a spin. Nothing like 50 degrees and an open car to clear your head.

Bought a 63 Corvair coupe for a future drag project. Should pick it up Thursday.

9. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Dropped of the "48" Chev for primer and picked up the "49" Merc primer finished.

10. I made a dolly for my 62 C10's cab out of a pallet and some big casters. Got it up on there and cleaned the garage all day. Really just trying to get things rolling again...

11. Stickanddice

Stickanddice
    from Boston, MA

Went to 2 different states checking out potential buys.

Let me just say that buying old cars in the Northeast sucks.

12. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Sweet-Nice lines, the pearl will really knock you socks off, i will try to come by to see it!!

13. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Went to the Ashville NC to the Cove on a Church retreat , it was hard to come home.

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Slightly O/T (yearwise), put the finishing touches on the teardrop hood for the Fairlane Drag car, just about ready for primer.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

That is one TALL teardrop. What's lurking under all that height?

15. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

I got a cab to start my modified pickup project... pics to come in a second

16. Finished the wiring for my electrical outlets, finised the wiring for my air compressor. Finally have air in the shop.

OLD HEMI

17. skidsteer

skidsteer

installed emergency brake in my '37 Plym, just in case. not as tough as i thought it would be. dodge fargo handle and cable bolted right up. welded up the grille and got it installed. next is the '39 Chevy headlites and jewel turn signals.

Attached Files:

18. Black Primer

Black Primer

Saturday I sandblasted the inside of the cab on the 37. Spent about an hour with the shop vac and air hose cleaning out sand. Sunday I coated it with rust convertor. Glad that's done!

19. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Installed the side windows in the doors of my 57 Ranchero and got them
    going up and down nicely. Car had lexan for a long time, just screwed in.
    Nice to have real windows again.

20. MP&C

MP&C

572 BBF. With the teardrop at "stock" height, there was a clearance issue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Started the weekend off by fixing the wife's Caravan on Friday.

Saturday I rolled around in the "junk" at the Industrial Surplus store - brought some more good junkhome too!!!

I finally put the finishing touches on the fuel lines (Special Thanks to fellow Hamber - Whatfenders).

Sunday I finished the mounts for the trans cooler.

And lastly made my daughter a ring for her finger - quality father / daughter time.

It was a GOOD weekend - although I really don't know where all the time went....

Attached Files:

22. I helped to set up, then "emceed" my sons Pinewood Derby on Saturday. It was worth it, he got first place in his den, which means he can move on to districts, HELL YEAH! :)

Then, did 2 brake jobs on O/T cars, both of which are my neighbors. But, I did wheel and deal an A van front axle and some 8 3/4 backing plates, for my "long term" (it's only been 16 years) project Duster I have.

Well, the backing plates are for the Duster, the axle is for an AWB in the future.

Also did some bench racing on the big block Mustang we have going on over here too. All in all, it was a great 3rd weekend home, and the car stuff is starting to come together. My wife told me the neighbor complained that I was doing to much revving on my "mud truck", and believe it or not, my wife replied "you better get used to it, it's only gonna get WORSE from here!" Totally out of character for her, but admittedly true.

Now, if only I can find a 392... :p

Jay

23. M2Pilot

M2Pilot
    from Eastern NC

Not very HAMBish but went to Sebring for ALMS race.

24. M2Pilot

M2Pilot
    from Eastern NC

Not very HAMBish but went to Sebring for 12 hour ALMS race.

25. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Finally started cutting on my 51(something I have wanted to do since I got the car, 12 years ago). Got everything cut and the A pillars lined back up and tacked. Now I am going to start working on the rear of the roof.

Attached Files:

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

sold a 34 Ford chassis to create more room in my garage to work on the 33 Ford coupe and 53 Ford convert.

27. specialk

specialk

Does the weekend go through tomorrow?

If so, I'll have swapped my 3 spd sag out for a T85 OD in my '62 C10. Only tough part was finding the 16 spline PG yoke. The driveshaft was even the correct length - new tranny is only 1/2" longer than the old (at least I'm hoping the DS is the right length)