Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustom shops in/near San Diego?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlmLrd, Mar 12, 2008.

1. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I went to a friend of a friends shop a few days ago, to see about bagging my 52 Ford. I was told that I needed to install a Mustang II front clip (???) and was given a price that seemed way high for the quality of work I have seen from cars in the past. (I told him that I wanted to keep the stock suspension btw)

Can anyone suggest a shop in or near San Diego where I can get a safe and reliable job done for a fair price?

I dont have the time or the experience to go building on my own suspension, or Id buy the parts and do it myself. I just want it done right, and dont appreciate feeling like Im being bent over, and ran up in.
    Also, can someone give me a ballpark price, to get a job done well,Front and rear bags, CNotch, and 4-Link? I understand that good work costs good money, I just guess Im looking for a second opinion,and want the job done right the 1st time.

Thank you

2. Many factors here, like the condition your actual car is in. "Sometimes" dealing with stock stuff ends up costing more then going aftermarket, I can't see this as the case, but then again, I have never seen your car. Take it to a few different shops and get written quotes, rather then asking on here. Everytime someone asks this type of question, it ranges to "buy me some beer" to "cool, my kid can go to med school now".

3. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Maybe my post was misunderstood. Im not looking for prices over the internet of what its going to be to get my car bagged. I was wanting names of some reputable shops in my area, others have gone to, that will do a good job and not bend me over.

I was also asking for a ballpark price on having it done, so I can know somewhat where the middle of the road is.

4. What did he quote you anyway?

5. tortmanus

tortmanus

Try a place in Escondido, 1566 Simpson Way. Klaus is the owner. They are very honest and do good work. They have a website: http://checkpoint66.com/ Tell him Dean sent you!

6. raaf

raaf

http://www.syndicateauto.com/

they do good work. check out their gallery - you'll see some kustoms in there. ...and i know people who have driven cars bagged there for years without issue. i would say their pricing edges on the high side - but so does their quality.

...on the otherhand, i think a lot of that quality work may have been done by a guy no longer employed there - david, or 'little d.' he may be on this board, or maybe not. used to own a place around here called the "lowering block." that's the guy i really recommend.

maybe someone will see this that knows where david is these days...

7. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I did some research and called some numbers, but havent found much yet. Thanks for the replies so far, Im on it.

:)

8. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Ive heard great things about Little D's work. Im trying to track him down now...

9. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

This is Davids contact.

http://www.elcajonexhaust.com/

Top notch work, many years in the business...very very honest and reliable. Quite handsome as well.

10. mikey1610

mikey1610
    from San Diego

Gabe @ Insane Customs in El Cajon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Chassis fab is a lot like tattoos. You don't necessarily go to the cheapest guy...

I would guess that job to range from $3500 to $5000 with parts if it was done right. Remember that some people who work on other peoples cars don't care about scrub lines, chassis flex, etc... People can get hurt that way. I just passed a dude the other day whos minitruck blew an air line and gouged it's way into oncoming traffic. Sad. Good luck. It should look pretty cool.

12. Badfella

Badfella

Little D is a good friend of mine and his work is beyond top quality. In fact, every car in our club that's bagged was done by him.

13. one of the best!!!

14. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

contact LIL D!hes a great guy and wont blow smoke up your ass.his work kicks ass.he did my 51 chevy and very happy.

15. hershambob

hershambob

16. My wife has an old bud named Tony who has a great shop in Clairemont Mesa - CM Blvd she thinks, but it's easy enough to find in the yellow pages. Good Luck!

Kuztom Klaus