Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. canadianzed

canadianzed

this is a 1965 Canso, (similar to but not the same as chevy II, nova, acadian,) the other one was my corvair corsa with four carbs and four speed,)
    [​IMG]

2. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good day, eh. Long- time lurker finally signs up.
    Living in Oshawa, Ontario.

3. mrloboy

mrloboy

Hi Alan! Long time, no see! It would be great to have a visit with you again. Come on down to "Neverland" and I'll buy you lunch. You're only an hour away,Sorry to hear you don't have the old Chev pickup. It was a sweet ride. We've been real busy! Just finished a '60 Olds bubbletop for a customer in Sidney Australia and a '41 Diamond "T" pickup we built from an old grain truck. Both are still in the shop. Hopefully we will have picture of both on on wibsite real soon! Just starting on a '60's style '28 "A" coupe with a blown 392 hemi with a 4 spd and a Dana 60 out back. Should be a blast! We are also working on a '28 REO Speedwagon pickup, LS1 and 4wheel independent. Personally I am working on a '29 Coupe with a '40 8BA flatty. If I ever find the time, I will he driving the wheels off it. Rick
    www.loboys.com

4. hairypalms

hairypalms

southern alberta / texas north

... i had no idea there were this many canadians here

5. Not sure if he's a HAMBer,but this ride was built by a friend of mine,Bob MacDonald of Bob's Rod Shop in Langley BC.Are you out there lurking Bob?

Attached Files:

6. Ferguson777

Ferguson777

Ottawa valley checking in.

(Carleton Place to be exact)

7. Ferguson777

Ferguson777

Ottawa Valley checking in.

(Carleton Place to be exact):cool:

8. screwball

screwball

who in the east has way to much snow?

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ha Ha Ha Not me!!!:D

10. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

i can't even see my car anymore :(

11. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Just got back from Arizonie................A lot of the snow has melted, but it's so goddamn cold again.............Where's Fucking Spring?

12. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All of us.
    Spent most of a week in Blainville Quebec recently, ya think we got snow in Ontario...
    They have some pretty cool machinery for moving it.

13. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

HAHA! Blainville! i'm the next town over. pretty wicked amount of snow huh? what were you doin out here?

14. canuck-2

canuck-2

I love this sun
    Beautiful British Columbia
    Autocar, Barton & Rumble, Eaton Motor Machine, Fisher
    From Cars of Canada, Durnford/Baechler

15. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

[​IMG]
    thats a 1956 Buick special.

16. screwball

screwball

like I need to see more snow covered cars I got 10 or 11 in the back yard already. Thanks for that. Koolkemp ah screw it.

17. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Innisfil, Ontario, Barrie Bell,Crow, Frontenac, Russell, Gary-dort, Galt, 1923 Gas-Elctric hybrid NOT Honda. Whippet, Brooks Steam car. 1867 Blythe Steam CAR, Winnipeg, McLaughlin, Tudhope, Fisher, McKay, Brockville 30, Marquette,Regal, London Six, Canadian, Lavoie, Bourassa and Wright. Some of the 100 cars made in Canada before 1930. (From the book Cars of Canada)

18. dale48mrc

dale48mrc

Okay,okay!!I'll bite!!North Delta,B.C..
    48 Mercury 114x(Canadian built)
    54 Ford F100

Attached Files:

19. Hey, hi from Maple Ridge,did you cut your lawn yet this spring? Sure was warm lately,and mostly sunny too!:D What,you guy's back east still have some snow? Really!

20. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Sorry to disappoint you 29bowtie but "back east" is a bigger place with more weather patterns than you might think.
    Some places in NB and NFLD/Labrador are still buried in snow while some of us have golf courses with people already huntin' those golf eggs.
    Most of NS is snow-free and above zero. No, it's not the same as you but no igloos are around either. ;)
    I was outside changing rear springs in my daily last week and a lower control arm on a visiting friend's car yesterday.
    My sister in Kamloops tells me how warm it is there now but soon she'll be telling me of fires and no water and it being so hot...
    I'll be hiking and camping this summer and not worrying about frying like an egg on the rocks. South Western NS doesn't have the extremes that some places do.
    This provincinal report brought to you by the letter "R", for rant. ;)

21. Just having a little fun:D,i realize by the coast is more moderate,just like us,but we do have to give those guys between us a hard time.;) I know what you mean about our interior too,my Aunt and Uncle lost their home in theKelowna fire a few years ago.I'm near Vancouver,no shortage of water here.:rolleyes:

22. canadianzed

canadianzed

Winter is only six months away, something to look forward to.

23. DHD

DHD
    from Ottawa, ON

Thanks for the reminder,

hja;hdgiralk;gk

jsajkgiyhlkjrlg;hrg

;asugflarkugil;seg

as;ljgak;lrhohaeh

aklhfglakhlkrht

Sorry about that, I started involuntarily beating my head against the keyboard:mad:

24. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Ya, if we can't laugh about our weather we have to move to the south where it's always perfect. Actually, it just sounds warmer there cause they are still measuring temps. in F and not C. ;)
    It never rains in Vancouver. That's liquid gold.
    Those fires must have been awful. Shame we couldn't move some weather patterns around.

And who's up for smacking canadianized around for that comment?
    I can't wait for the nice weather to do some camping and hiking in the Cape Breton highlands. So you wash your keyboard out with soap! :p

25. hotrodihc

hotrodihc
    from London Ont

London, Ontario

26. Custom54

Custom54

Lived in North Vancouver B.C. pretty well my whole life.
    We do get our share of rain, but it makes it that much nicer and greener in the summer when the suns out.

27. chopped52

chopped52
    from the twin

livin in the sunny okanagan and building a canadian built 1952 pontiac sedan delivery that should be on the road in time to cruz the beaches

28. skidlid

skidlid
    from motor city

wow This Is A Really Cool Topic..i'm So Proud To Be Canadian...................not

29. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

someone needs a double double, eh?

30. dale48mrc

dale48mrc

Actually, it is pretty cool to be Canadian!There's lotsa cool Canadians south of the border too!!Not to mention our beer!!!