Register now to get rid of these ads!

'63 Fairlane Buildup - Input appreciated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TorchIndustries, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Lil' Lance

Lil' Lance

VERY NICE!!! that is the first 65 other than mine that ive seen with the same side mirror! although i see yours is mounted on the door. My mirror is mounted on the fender. i have yet to see another with it in the same location. keep us posted with anything new you decide to do!

2. Turbo442

Turbo442

The car has an interesting bit of history. My Dad dragged it out of the Junkyard where it sat for about a year. Most of the engine was in the trunk. I was 10 at the time and just turned 35. Some parts were missing. It originally had a remote mirror from the factory. This mirror has been on it since he found the car. I don't know what it came off origianlly or if it was just an aftermarket accssy.

Oh it was owned by a convict before being junked. After he got locked up he lost the car.
    A few years after getting it running the guy flags us down and starts telling us that's his old car. We think he is crazy until he starts telling us details about it.
    He bought it from the first or second owner who was an old Mexican guy who took good care of it.

The con visited and hung out for a few hours reminiscing about his old car. Now we knew why the car would be followed by the cops so often, not so many turquoise Fairlanes around. It also explained all the hair beads under the seats, prior owner was black and had braided hair.

Sorry for the thread jack...
    any updates?

3. tpw35

tpw35

Actually the original thunderbolts kept the shocktowers, they were notched for clearance. It was individuals who started removing them in the A F/X style cars.

4. Scott_A_R

Scott_A_R
    from Frisco, TX

Any updates on the car?

5. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I'm parting out a 2 door V8 stickshift car if there is anything you need.

6. fairlanerodder62

fairlanerodder62
    from California

That six three is going to be kick ass.
    I have a 62 500 which I've been driving as a daily for about 5 years now. Driving the hell out of it. Made it to Vegas 4 times (once barely), Calexico about 4 times.

[​IMG]
    Sorry about the jerk in the picture, only one I have since my hardrive took a dump..